[Q] [q] help!!!! IMEI and BaseBand unknown after custom ROM flash

Search This thread
Feb 20, 2014
Toronto
I am new here and wish to get help from XDA.
I just got a unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) and inserted my Rogers sim card. The phone came with 4.1.1 and everything was good and I root it. Then I found that I have 4.3 update. I updated to 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB) via OTA and root it again by CF_auto_root. The only issue was the phone always boot up and show " Unfortunately,SuperSU has stopped". However, I did get the root after reinstall supersu.apk. So far so good till last night.

Last night I tried a custom ROM and flash it via ODIN. I got failed and I got the following from ODIN

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/004> persist.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

and the following error from the phone.

SW REV CHECK FAIL: Fused 2 > Binary 0

After I boot the phone up, I found that the phone lost IMEI and baseband (should be I747UCUEMJB). The Build version changed from JSS15J.I747UCUEMJB to JSS15J.I747UCUEMJ2. Now I could not go to either Rogers network or Wifi.

What is the solution for this? ( I do not have efs backup but I write down some information such as IMEI)

I am thinking to flash stock AT&T 4.3 I747UCUEMJB might be the best solution, but I could not find it?

I have downloaded set of Rogers 4.3 (I747MVLUEMK5), may I flash them in to build a pure Rogers S3?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Does your phone boot to its desktop? If it does, try flashing an updated modem in recovery.

The MJB is for the i747 from AT&T. You have an AT&T phone?

Reactions: nathanyang0428
Feb 20, 2014
Toronto
I have installed CWM recovery and flashed the Modem (I747UCUEMJB). After reboot, my GS3 could go to Rogers network! Great!

But the issue is, the WIFI could not be activated. I tried to click (to enable) WIFI in setting but NOTHING happened.

Because WIFI is so important to a phone, any one has some idea on how to fix this WIFI issue?

Feb 20, 2014
Toronto
Finally I proved that Factory Reset is a WRONG choice. I did Factory Reset and I lost my LTE connectivty (I was still able to go to GSM network with voice), the Wifi issue was still there!

Luckily, I did a backup by CWM so I restore it. Now I rollback to the old status (LTE works, Wifi still no luck).

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
Finally I proved that Factory Reset is a WRONG choice. I did Factory Reset and I lost my LTE connectivty (I was still able to go to GSM network with voice), the Wifi issue was still there!

Luckily, I did a backup by CWM so I restore it. Now I rollback to the old status (LTE works, Wifi still no luck).

Sorry but I cannot help in this situation but I had a similar problem. My LTE was gone after I manually entered my IMEI in after it was lost... I have no LTE still, but everything is fine. Do you have any idea on how to get it back?

Feb 20, 2014
Toronto
Sorry but I cannot help in this situation but I had a similar problem. My LTE was gone after I manually entered my IMEI in after it was lost... I have no LTE still, but everything is fine. Do you have any idea on how to get it back?

First of all, which phone you have? if you have I9300, the there is no LTE funtion.

Secod, Are you sure you have LTE on your sim card? Not every sim card was provisioned with LTE function.

Third, if you say yes for both 2 questions above, dial *#2263# to check your preferene. I put it Automatic, so if LTE network avalable, my phone will go to LTE.

Hope this help.

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
First of all, which phone you have? if you have I9300, the there is no LTE funtion.

Secod, Are you sure you have LTE on your sim card? Not every sim card was provisioned with LTE function.

Third, if you say yes for both 2 questions above, dial *#2263# to check your preferene. I put it Automatic, so if LTE network avalable, my phone will go to LTE.

Hope this help.

I have an i747M, Same as the AT&T Variant. I should have said that I got strong LTE connections before losing my IMEI. Now if I change it to the LTE network, it shows LTE but there's no internet connection. Also, with that network setting, I get about 1 or 2 bars constantly compared to 4 bars on 4G... And yes my sim is LTE. As I said, it worked fine before. Got any tips?

Feb 20, 2014
Toronto
Then you might need to check your APN setting. It could be lost.

BTW: please open a new post for your issue. I am still waiting for someone who could give me some hints to fix my wifi disable issue.

Top Liked Posts