How do I install CM11?

Search This thread

dweaton

Jul 11, 2012
I followed leapinlar's instructions for installing to a SD card and have that working. I used another SD card and followed their thread for clearing the other partitions. If I try to boot without the SD card the cyanogenmod bootloader screen comes up and then eventually just goes to a back-lit screen, so I assume that means the old CM10 is removed from the system. What I can't figure out how to do is to actually install CM11 "in" the Nook Color instead of on a SD card. I tried this with TWRP but it wants some kind of md5sum files and I don't know what they should be called or the syntax of what they should include (just the md5sum?) so it refuses to install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

dweaton

Jul 11, 2012
I think I bricked my Nook

I checked out the thread you pointed to and saw that cm11 is still "experimental" if you will. With that in mind, I decided to go back to CM10.1.3. I have run into a "slight" problem - my Nook won't power on. I shut it down when it was on the purple "do nothing" screen after I had cleared everything via one of your threads and after booting CM11 from the SD card. I may have tried powering on with nothing in there - where I did get cmrecovery but nothing booted (got in a loop). I then powered if off using the power button. Now it simply won't power on. Did I completely brick this thing? Sorry of the dumb questions, but I really don't know much about all of this.

Thanks again!

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I checked out the thread you pointed to and saw that cm11 is still "experimental" if you will. With that in mind, I decided to go back to CM10.1.3. I have run into a "slight" problem - my Nook won't power on. I shut it down when it was on the purple "do nothing" screen after I had cleared everything via one of your threads and after booting CM11 from the SD card. I may have tried powering on with nothing in there - where I did get cmrecovery but nothing booted (got in a loop). I then powered if off using the power button. Now it simply won't power on. Did I completely brick this thing? Sorry of the dumb questions, but I really don't know much about all of this.

Thanks again!
The device needs valid boot files installed or it won't turn on. Those boot files can be internal or on a bootable SD. Try making a new bootable CWM SD and see if that boots.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: dweaton

dweaton

Jul 11, 2012
I tried doing that but still no luck - it just doesn't even power on at all. I searched the net and found a thread where someone had to disconnect the battery for a few seconds, connect it again, and then it would boot again (like me, from a SD card).

So....I got the back cover loose - couldn't get it all the way off due the microSD slot. Noticed the battery leads in a cutout in the metal. Could get that dang thing loose, but I did manage to get the ground wire off there for just a few seconds and then put it back. Bingo! Booted a SD with 10.2 and gapps using TWRP and got everything back to normal again. Whew!

I'm quite familiar with electronics, and every piece of hardware on a PC down to the component level doesn't bother me, but I don't know anything about the Nook hardware or software. I feel like I just got very lucky!

Thanks again for your tutorials, scripts and answers here on the forums!

Dave ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to follow steven676's CM11 thread in the dev section. And he has a new CWM v6048 that must be used. See here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49883158

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks again!
    The device needs valid boot files installed or it won't turn on. Those boot files can be internal or on a bootable SD. Try making a new bootable CWM SD and see if that boots.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app