[Q] What future phones could replace your rezound?

Rezound replacement options for one handed users

• stick with Rezound

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Sony xperia z1s/mini

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • other

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

civicsr2cool

Sep 14, 2010
Sagnasty, MI
I am curious what phones y'all think could replace your rezound!

As of now there isn't much better on the one handed market than the Rezound, I specifically to Verizon for it and its a two year old device!

I am a one handed/one thumbed user and hate these huge 5+ inch screen flagship phones, and all of the current smaller phones are watered down and/or have no external storage.

edit: just found a 32gb version of the moto x. although thats not enough space for me I could make it work once the device gets cheaper.

Last edited:

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
I got my DNA given to me. It is right at 5" though. I do use one hand on it. It is thinner than my Rezzy. Downside is no SD slot, but you can always use the OTG capabilities of the phone.

Size out of the mix, the newer phones are way snappier and have extremely longer battery life. I would be lucky to have 2.5hrs screen time with my Rez, the DNA gets between 3.5-4.5hrs screen time. The phones that came out this year I have seen some get over 5-6hrs.

Sent from my DNA using my mind.

ghostt021

Feb 10, 2011
Jacksonville
Ordered my moto x on 12/24 thru moto maker. After playing with it in the store and the $150.00 discount thru the today show. Winning...:):):)

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

Bensky91

Mar 9, 2012
Replaced my Rez with a Nexus 5 and switched to T-Mobile. No regrets so far, its an amazing phone with much better...everything. Especially battery life.

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
TBH I want to go to a phablet next, but for smaller phones I think the Moto G or Moto X would be pretty good. They're extremely close in physical size if you compare the numbers.

Moto G:
h: 129.9mm
w: 65.9mm
d: 11.6mm
wt: 143g

Rezound:
h: 129mm
w: 65.5mm
d: 13.7mm
wt: 170.1g

Last edited:

sockaplaya14

Dec 18, 2013
I went with the HTC One and I am loving it so far. But I'm very enticed by the Moto X as well. Those are the top two for me right now on the market for Verizon

acejavelin

TBH I want to go to a phablet next, but for smaller phones I think the Moto G or Moto X would be pretty good. They're extremely close in physical size if you compare the numbers.

Moto G:

Rezound:
Personally, I would go with the LG G2...

h: 138.5
w: 70.9
d: 8.9

It is a bit taller, slightly wider, and yet thinner and lighter with amazing battery life. Again the best bet it is to go to a store and play with the various models, that would always be your best bet.

Reactions: tmanschuette

memckimmy

Dec 29, 2011
I tried out the Samsung GS4 for a while but found it just a bit too large. I ended up deciding that size and usability trumped the removable battery and SD card, so I bought a Moto X Dev Edition and have been really happy with it.

el Filou

Feb 15, 2008
I actually prefer smaller phones. My perfect size is around 60x120 mm, whatever the screen diagonal the manufacturer can get inside that (my Desire Z had the perfect form factor).

If my Rezound died I would buy an Xperia Z1 Compact. It has top-notch specs and the size is still acceptable. The lack of removable battery isn't that much of an issue now that big external battery packs are available.

The only other phone that fits the compact form factor + correct specs is this one by Kyocera: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=4911&view=1 They beat the seemingly impossible task of putting a 4.3" screen inside a 60x122 mm body, this is pretty incredible. But sadly it's a Verizon phone and I'd like to have european 4G on my future phone, also the SoC inside is a bit dated.

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
I actually prefer smaller phones. My perfect size is around 60x120 mm, whatever the screen diagonal the manufacturer can get inside that (my Desire Z had the perfect form factor).

If my Rezound died I would buy an Xperia Z1 Compact. It has top-notch specs and the size is still acceptable. The lack of removable battery isn't that much of an issue now that big external battery packs are available.

The only other phone that fits the compact form factor + correct specs is this one by Kyocera: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=4911&view=1 They beat the seemingly impossible task of putting a 4.3" screen inside a 60x122 mm body, this is pretty incredible. But sadly it's a Verizon phone and I'd like to have european 4G on my future phone, also the SoC inside is a bit dated.

+1 xperia compact ftw. Something tells me Verizon won't get it tho. I think Sony has a real winner of a phone here.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium HD app

civicsr2cool

Sep 14, 2010
Sagnasty, MI
yup, I have been following the z1 compact for months now. I will be switching to att for it come next month! It is THE phone to get! external memory, 4.3 inch screen for one thumb use, quad core, ips screen, camera button, waterproof, and huge following!

RKight

Aug 27, 2010
Louisville
I got my LG G2 yesterday and love it. I can operate most things one handed, and I have relatively small hands for a man. It does include options, though, to set it up for one handed use. It allows a smaller keyboard that you can slide to the left or right of the screen, and you can do the same with the phone dialer. I had seen the great features it had that were listed, but I've discovered many more that weren't. I absolutely love this phone. If all future LG phones are like this one, in the future, I'll likely never consider another HTC or Samsung again.

sdsubball23

Jan 12, 2012
I've been thinking about the new GS5 and maybe HTC m8 or LG G3 if they come out in the next few months. Currently I'm still using the rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
I've been thinking about the new GS5 and maybe HTC m8 or LG G3 if they come out in the next few months. Currently I'm still using the rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Same, I don't see anything more compelling than the GS5 coming out in April/May when my contract is up. I'd rather have a Note or Nexus, but I'm not sure if I can wait until November.

acejavelin

Same, I don't see anything more compelling than the GS5 coming out in April/May when my contract is up. I'd rather have a Note or Nexus, but I'm not sure if I can wait until November.
After seeing how Samsung is trying to stop all third-party accessories and have there own "app store", they are getting more and more Apple-like, not sure I would want to deal with Samsung ever again unless they change their tune.

The LG G2 is an amazing phone, my son got one when his Casio Commando bit the dust a couple weeks ago... I was more than just slightly impressed, and my normal personal phone is a Nexus 4, and this is rediculously faster and better battery life ((6+ hours screen time on WiFi, 5+ hours on Verizon LTE, and with Auto Brightness turned on!!!)) beyond my N4, much less the Rezound. If I had to get a phone today on Verizon, I don't think I would even consider anything else right now.

Fastbird

Jun 28, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Well, considering my Rezound I've had since November 2011 is finally giving up the ghost on me (random persistent reboots, funky power connector connection, bluetooth quit working earlier this week, wifi quit working on me today, etc.), I ave reserached and decided my next will be the LG G2. Love what I'm seeing with that phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my LG G2 yesterday and love it. I can operate most things one handed, and I have relatively small hands for a man. It does include options, though, to set it up for one handed use. It allows a smaller keyboard that you can slide to the left or right of the screen, and you can do the same with the phone dialer. I had seen the great features it had that were listed, but I've discovered many more that weren't. I absolutely love this phone. If all future LG phones are like this one, in the future, I'll likely never consider another HTC or Samsung again.
    @acejavelin

Yeah the size was my concern too but for using the extended battery I'll take the longer and wider vs thicker. I really really enjoy this platform. Coming from the Rezound is like a no brainer really, its like 3x a jump in everything. Last night I looked at my screen on stats and here I had 1hr 30mins screen on with 90% battery left. That's near a full stock battery on the Rez for my use.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 4

Moto G:

Rezound:
    Personally, I would go with the LG G2...

h: 138.5
    w: 70.9
    d: 8.9

It is a bit taller, slightly wider, and yet thinner and lighter with amazing battery life. Again the best bet it is to go to a store and play with the various models, that would always be your best bet.
    After seeing how Samsung is trying to stop all third-party accessories and have there own "app store", they are getting more and more Apple-like, not sure I would want to deal with Samsung ever again unless they change their tune.

The LG G2 is an amazing phone, my son got one when his Casio Commando bit the dust a couple weeks ago... I was more than just slightly impressed, and my normal personal phone is a Nexus 4, and this is rediculously faster and better battery life ((6+ hours screen time on WiFi, 5+ hours on Verizon LTE, and with Auto Brightness turned on!!!)) beyond my N4, much less the Rezound. If I had to get a phone today on Verizon, I don't think I would even consider anything else right now.
    UMTS uses WCDMA as the standard, they are commonly interchangeable as "3G"

I am not an expert, and there is no T-Mobile service where I live, so I can't tell you what frequency/compatibility issues with that specifically.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for clearing up that UMTS and WCDMA are actually interchangeable terms for "3G".

I just looked up Tmobile's compatible frequencies online and one of them listed is UMTS 1900, so now all I would have to do is find a chinese android that lists WCDMA 1900 as a compatible frequency and I would be good.

Thanks for all the advice, acejavelin! :)