GNEX I9250 help!

Search This thread

jms_209

Aug 13, 2011
So I am getting a Galaxy Nexus carrier unlocked,I assume it's GSM.(non-verizon)-I9250.It's also quad-band if it matters.

My friend has a Verizon version and I unlocked his boot-loader,installed a 4.4 stock rom, and side loaded some apps.
I've had an android phone before, but haven't used one for over 1 year.
Still pretty confused how I managed to remember some of the stuff.

Assuming I unlock mine(if it isn't already) does anyone have a nice fast rom they've used?
I won't do much on my phone, email,browser,music, etc....

I was looking for MIUI V5 rom, but only found the "toro" version,which I assume is the verizon variant.
I think my phone is "maguro",which has HSPA+.

So can you guys set me up with the best "stock" rom and a MIUI rom aswell?
Don't want to flash a CDMA rom and brick my phone before I use it..... :eek:

jkleo

May 12, 2014
Land Below The Wind
GSM Galaxy Nexus is maguro. I remember checking last month that MIUI is not on KitKat yet.

As for "stock" ROM you should check out Shiny ROM and if you mean any AOSP-based ROM there are many good ROMs and "best" is subjective.

But in my own opinion, the most stable one right now is SlimKat because it is not affected by the new CM theme engine bug. Many other ROMs based on CM with the new theme engine will crash very often with systemui not working and that is frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: MonstaSaleens

miomaguro

Apr 17, 2014
GSM Galaxy Nexus is maguro. I remember checking last month that MIUI is not on KitKat yet.

As for "stock" ROM you should check out Shiny ROM and if you mean any AOSP-based ROM there are many good ROMs and "best" is subjective.

But in my own opinion, the most stable one right now is SlimKat because it is not affected by the new CM theme engine bug. Many other ROMs based on CM with the new theme engine will crash very often with systemui not working and that is frustrating.

I personally have the XenonHD with the Franco kernel and I can confirm that it is very stable and improves the battery lifetime considerably.
My 2 cents

mm

Maestrodude

Dec 23, 2010

I'm on ParanoidAndroid version 4.3-BETA4. This one is smooth and stable with an excellent battery life. With BETA6 I experience the crashes jkleo mentions.

miomaguro

Apr 17, 2014
I'm on ParanoidAndroid version 4.3-BETA4. This one is smooth and stable with an excellent battery life. With BETA6 I experience the crashes jkleo mentions.

Sorry, which kind of crashes happen? In XenonHd sometimes the notification roller freezes and relaunches the whole UI in half a minute. Is this kind of crashes?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jms_209

Aug 13, 2011
Pretty sure my Nexus has screen issues. I can see some distorted lines when I view something white mostly(like google.com)
Happens with other lighter colors too.

Might have to return the phone, since it's bothering me.
Trying some other roms/stock to see if maybe it was the rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.