Desire S sense 3.0 Desire Z?

Search This thread

TRFFTR

Mar 14, 2011
But this is Sense UI so HTC has no obligation to give a 3.0 update, but I hope and believe they will give us an update like Desire S too

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
donno

HTC's new entry level phone, Explorer will have 384 Mb of RAM.
It is coming with Sense 3.5, which could be higher in version number yet weaker in features, but if not so, memory may not be an issue.

There are ports, well, ROMs with sense 3.0 and the phone copes with it quite well.
Not the smoothest, but what the heck.

Noone knows if HTC will give a damn about bringing Sense 3.0 to DZ.

Beagan

Mar 12, 2010
Dublin
Surelywe shouldget some for of anupdate with the 18 month dealio with google. Perhaps icecreamsandwich?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

evilcuber

Aug 3, 2010
Toronto
HTC's new entry level phone, Explorer will have 384 Mb of RAM.
It is coming with Sense 3.5, which could be higher in version number yet weaker in features, but if not so, memory may not be an issue.

There are ports, well, ROMs with sense 3.0 and the phone copes with it quite well.
Not the smoothest, but what the heck.

Noone knows if HTC will give a damn about bringing Sense 3.0 to DZ.

correction, the explorer will have 512mb of ram
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-Explorer_id6011

mrx1983

Sep 17, 2011
HTC Turkey mentioned a few weeks ago that desire z will receive a sense 3.0 update with android 2.3.5

Here is a list of mentioned phones from htc turkey:

1. Incredible S
2. Desire S
3. Wildfire S
4. Desire HD
5. Desire Z

It is pretty safe that this phones will get a sense 3.0 with android 2.3.5 update soon.

Reactions: Beagan

Samhain77

Feb 25, 2009
HTC Turkey mentioned a few weeks ago that desire z will receive a sense 3.0 update with android 2.3.5

1. Incredible S
2. Desire S
3. Wildfire S
4. Desire HD
5. Desire Z

It is pretty safe that this phones will get a sense 3.0 with android 2.3.5 update soon.

Soon it's too late! Come on HTC! ;)

._.-*Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk Pro*-._.

apa1102

Feb 7, 2010
Taipei
I don't think so. Sense launcher restart all the time after 2.3.3(with Sense 2.1). Sense 3.0 use more RAM than Sense 2.1.
If that update with Sense 3.5 will be nice.

xT4Z1N4TRx

Apr 13, 2011
Wolverhampton
Seein as there was that deal with google and 18 months, i think we will get ICS, and probably sense 3.5, as our devices would handle it.

Sent from my Desire Z running @ 2GHZ

mrx1983

Sep 17, 2011
Good news for all Desire Z owners.
In the last weeks it got still about a sense 3.0 update.
On a question regarding a sense 3.0 update you got everytime the same answer, that they didn't know anything.
today that changed completely.
HTC DACH indirectly announced that something will come to the desire z.

On a question regarding the Sense 3.0 Update for the Desire Z they said:
"Noch ein wenig Geduld bitte. Ich glaube das lohnt sich, ohne zu viel verraten zu wollen :)"

That means in english:
"A little more patience please. I think it's worth it. Without revealing to much :)"

I think a update is now very likely.
Maybe even a Sense 3.5 Update.
Lets wait and see :)

Antkoz

Mar 30, 2010
Moscow
In its official blog, HTC removed from the list of applicants for renewal Desire Z.
Technically Desire Z is capable of supporting Android 4.x easily.
The problem may occur only with the support of corporate interface Sense.
I use a custom ROM with Sense 3.5. Sense 3.5 uses about 70 Mb of RAM. (For comparison, Sehse 2.x uses about 30Mb).
In Memory of Desire Z is not enough to support multi-tasking with Sense 3.5. Solves the problem swap only.
But HTC promised to have declared, and update their devices during the time. This time has not expired for Desire Z. To fulfill its promise of support, HTC would have to develop a special version of Sense for Desire Z. It seems that now they decide that it would cost them less: development Update for Desire Z or the promise of non-support.

HaJeeEs

Aug 6, 2011
Let's see what will come from HTC to the Z. Till then I'm very happy with Virtuous team Trentacinque Beta 2 rom, Sense 3.5 running fine with swap.

costipl

Dec 2, 2009
Warszawa
In its official blog, HTC removed from the list of applicants for renewal Desire Z.
I use a custom ROM with Sense 3.5. Sense 3.5 uses about 70 Mb of RAM. (For comparison, Sehse 2.x uses about 30Mb).
In Memory of Desire Z is not enough to support multi-tasking with Sense 3.5. Solves the problem swap only.
But HTC promised to have declared, and update their devices during the time. This time has not expired for Desire Z. To fulfill its promise of support, HTC would have to develop a special version of Sense for Desire Z. It seems that now they decide that it would cost them less: development Update for Desire Z or the promise of non-support.

On the other hand, we have the HTC Explorer with 512MB RAM, which also has Sense 3.5. So I guess HTC will develop a "lite" version of Sense 3.5 for budget devices.

TRFFTR

Mar 14, 2011

Did you read this from there? https://plus.google.com/105502178297258827378/posts I think this person is just a liar, he claims that he is working in HTC Sense developer team but has no proof and HTC developers never draw information like this, so there is no reason to believe him for me

Good news for all Desire Z owners.
In the last weeks it got still about a sense 3.0 update.
On a question regarding a sense 3.0 update you got everytime the same answer, that they didn't know anything.
today that changed completely.
HTC DACH indirectly announced that something will come to the desire z.

On a question regarding the Sense 3.0 Update for the Desire Z they said:
"Noch ein wenig Geduld bitte. Ich glaube das lohnt sich, ohne zu viel verraten zu wollen :)"

That means in english:
"A little more patience please. I think it's worth it. Without revealing to much :)"

I think a update is now very likely.
Maybe even a Sense 3.5 Update.
Lets wait and see :)

That's great! I have just talked with HTC Turkey too and they whispered to me that HTC is going to make a big announcement towards to the end of November to make everything clear about ICS and Sense UI updates

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Incredible S
    2. Desire S
    3. Wildfire S
    4. Desire HD
    5. Desire Z