[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cartmanz

Feb 12, 2012
Mount Vernon
It happens to mine, too, several times a day but I don't know why.

Sent from my SPH D700 using XDA App
Cyanogen Mod 9.5, EI22. I love my Ice Cream Sandwich!

Okay at least I am not alone, now to find a fix for this problem. I also noticed that when its hot it drains my bat like nobody's business .

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

stilesja

Feb 22, 2011
Knoxville
Am I crazy or is anyone else on alpha 5 not able to get non market apps to install? Yes I checked the option to allow it but when I go to install it the only button it lets me press is cancel. Tried it with better battery stats and swype installer. Same behavior on both. If I disable non market apps I get the message telling me to go to security settings to enable but once enabled the install button won't press.

This has worked fine on all previous versions. I am running completely stock alpha5 right now also and I wiped completely and set up from scratch for this install..

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Am I crazy or is anyone else on alpha 5 not able to get non market apps to install? Yes I checked the option to allow it but when I go to install it the only button it lets me press is cancel. Tried it with better battery stats and swype installer. Same behavior on both. If I disable non market apps I get the message telling me to go to security settings to enable but once enabled the install button won't press.

This has worked fine on all previous versions. I am running completely stock alpha5 right now also and I wiped completely and set up from scratch for this install..

I was just able to install setcpu perfectly fine right now, as well as MIUI settings lol as a test. Although it wouldn't work on CM9 anyways.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011

Hmmm...weird.
I just installed BetterBatteryStats and had no problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

stilesja

Feb 22, 2011
Knoxville
I was just able to install setcpu perfectly fine right now, as well as MIUI settings lol as a test. Although it wouldn't work on CM9 anyways.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

So.... I am crazy. This explains a lot. Lol

Its odd... not sure what it may be and never had a problem before.

xTmDarren

Dec 2, 2007
Kannapolis, NC

Mine has always done this every since cm7.. anyways just use the arrow key on the keyboard and hit down and over til you finally get to install :)

Reactions: stilesja

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
ODIN'd back to stock then re rooted trying to fix my proximity sensor issue.

upon flashing a5 the phone rebooted itself before flashing gapps is that a problem?

Chad

Rebooting is part of the process to switch over to MTD. Shouldn't be a problem. Just reboot in recovery and flash gapps.

And for the record i have zero issues with the proximity sensor. Does it happen with stock rom?

Sent from a CM9 powered Epic.

stilesja

Feb 22, 2011
Knoxville
I have noticed another odd issue as well but this one I have been noticing on alpha 4 as well. Sometimes after an overnight battery charge when I pull the cable out I still have a lightning bolt on my battery icon. The phone thinks it is still on the charger. Battery stats reflects this too. Takes a reboot to get out of this state.

This looks pretty sweet. I'll have to install this on my old Epic and play around with it.

That is for the TOUCH not the OG!

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

So.... I am crazy. This explains a lot. Lol

Its odd... not sure what it may be and never had a problem before.

Did you try to reset permissions? Only thing I can think of besides you being crazy LOL.

Reactions: stilesja

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
OK, I'm still a little new at this, but I would love an answer to this quick question: I just flashed Alpha 4 yesterday with the old Gapps. Now with today's releases, do I just simply flash them over 4 with no data and cache wipes? Sorry for the noob question.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

I've gotten in the habit of doing a full backup, full wipe, and completely fresh install with every new release. You don't have to, by any means, and you likely won't encounter any major problems, but, if you do have problems, the advice you'll get most often is, "do a full wipe and fresh install." I figure might as well start off that way, therefore taking all that out of the equation. I know it can be tedious and take a while to get all your settings back to what you want, but I think it's a small price to pay for being able to actually see where something went wrong. Ex: I did a clean install and as I was restoring x, y got borked, so I am pretty safe to assume x caused the problem with y.... Plus, what's more fun than playing with cm9 settings? Every fresh install I find something new and cool. :D

Last edited:

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Alpha 5 is just awesome, works smooth and battery life is on par with CM7.

4cddd1a6-98df-7ace.jpg
4cddd1a6-98e7-0313.jpg

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Its the best I've seen out of ICS, but it is the 1800mah battery. I will post screen shots when it gets down to 5%

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
Its the best I've seen out of ICS, but it is the 1800mah battery. I will post screen shots when it gets down to 5%

runnin the 1800mah battery too and seeing at least 20hrs of normal use. In most cases though, I plug my phone in (usually still like 40% left) when i go to bed so i have a full charge the next day..

Lovin CM9.. I've been tempted to go back to CM7 nightlies, but I just can't cause i love the look and feel of ICS so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 0 has been released. This thread is now deprecated. Please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536238

CM9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    The Epic CM team is proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 alpha 5 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G.
    This is VERY NEW so please read these pages carefully before you proceed with testing.

BUG REPORTS:
    Please check if your bug is already known in the Epic CM Issue Tracker.

Do not report bugs if it has anything to do with:

• Non-standard CM9 kernels
    • Voicemail - already several solutions for that problem.
    • Already listed on the CM9 Status page

CM9 Status
    CM9 alpha5 Release Notes and Changelog

If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting the Epic CM team.

Circle us on Google+!
    [reserved]

From the Epic CM G+ Stream:

2012-02-20-230953.png

IMG_20120217_111458.jpg

IMG_20120217_111600.jpg

IMG_20120217_111620.jpg

Thank you!
    To the devs, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done on CM9 so far. As far as testing this, the only issue I've had so far is just the battery. It's really weird when using a extended life battery(1800mah) and not getting much usage as the 1500mah battery. But using Rom Toolbox and adjusting the settings, I've managed to pull 10hrs at 71% with light to moderate use. I'm sure that whenever you guys do get all the bugs worked out, it's gonna be a really great rom. Everything is running pretty good for me...though I don't use all the apps that others are using. I do, however, get 4g usage while there is no 4g in the state of Oklahoma at this time. Used it in a store where 3G and phone call didn't work because of signal loses.

As for the donation part...being on a fixed income has its' drawbacks especially when there are more bills to be paid than your income allows. I for one, believe that donations for your achievements are well earned. Thanks guys for taking the time to bring us ICS.

Don't ever feel obligated to donate. That's not the intention.

It's an option for those that like to show gratitude by letting money talk.

Personally, I've always though of a thanks as more than adequate for doing something that we actually enjoy doing.

So thank you.
    How to and review video will be up tonight!