replacements for stock apps?

Search This thread

lazyboy0172

Jun 3, 2007
I'm thinking about giving CM11 a try, but worried about some of the stock apps that I will no longer have, specifically anything that makes use of the s-pen. I'm wondering if there are usable replacements for things like S Note, Action Memos, Screen Writing, etc. Also, if anyone has a suggestion for the best replacement for the camera app, since that has a lot of features stock doesn't have

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area
I'm thinking about giving CM11 a try, but worried about some of the stock apps that I will no longer have, specifically anything that makes use of the s-pen. I'm wondering if there are usable replacements for things like S Note, Action Memos, Screen Writing, etc. Also, if anyone has a suggestion for the best replacement for the camera app, since that has a lot of features stock doesn't have

In the Play Store, CM S Pen Add-on and Note Buddy (S Pen Helper), for S Pen functionality. Papyrus and/or Memo (by Nathan Garside), for Note taking.

Try this, for a more full featured camera: http://galaxy-note-3.wonderhowto.co...your-galaxy-note-3-0150388/#readsoruce_bottom

Sent from my SM-N900P

Reactions: kingdazy

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Reactions: LMMT

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Give it a try, let me know your impressions.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Well, the first time I used it, it locked up my phone? (not exactly sure what happened, because I was letting a friend use it to take a pic, he tried and said "Huh? what happened? The screen is off... Wont turn on...". Battery pull. Hasn't happened since...)
But otherwise seems smart, well laid out, responsive, the effects seem well chosen and plentiful... But using 90% of them introduces major viewfinder lag. (most time I don't use effects, perhaps a bit of vignetting, contrast push, so no real loss there.)
Couple of translation oddities in some functions, and the weibo stuff seems superfluous...
All in all, I like it, will play a bit more, not sure if it will be a complete replacement for say Vignette, but might for the stock..

Sent from my calculator watch.

Reactions: LMMT

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area
Well, the first time I used it, it locked up my phone? (not exactly sure what happened, because I was letting a friend use it to take a pic, he tried and said "Huh? what happened? The screen is off... Wont turn on...". Battery pull. Hasn't happened since...)
But otherwise seems smart, well laid out, responsive, the effects seem well chosen and plentiful... But using 90% of them introduces major viewfinder lag. (most time I don't use effects, perhaps a bit of vignetting, contrast push, so no real loss there.)
Couple of translation oddities in some functions, and the weibo stuff seems superfluous...
All in all, I like it, will play a bit more, not sure if it will be a complete replacement for say Vignette, but might for the stock..

Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't experience any of those issues, when I was using it. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Reactions: kingdazy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In the Play Store, CM S Pen Add-on and Note Buddy (S Pen Helper), for S Pen functionality. Papyrus and/or Memo (by Nathan Garside), for Note taking.

Try this, for a more full featured camera: http://galaxy-note-3.wonderhowto.co...your-galaxy-note-3-0150388/#readsoruce_bottom

Sent from my SM-N900P

Sent from my SM-N900P

Thanks, I tend to "collect" camera apps, hadn't heard of this one.

Thanks, I tend to "collect" camera apps, hadn't heard of this one.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Sent from my SM-N900P

Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't experience any of those issues, when I was using it. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-N900P