[Q] Getting unlock code after repair

Search This thread

..alee

Sep 2, 2010
Toronto
I sent my HTC one to HTC for repair and got it back after 2-3 weeks which is now locked to AT&T. I contacted a vendor and paid him $30 bucks to get me the unlock code (he provided me the unlock code earlier for HTC One when i actually bought it). After 3 weeks, he said that he couldn't get the unlocked code even from AT&T servers.

Does someone know how to unlock HTC One now ?

cannonofcourse

Apr 7, 2013
Baton Rouge
Did you get yours fixed by mobile tech vids.com? I just got mine back from them after a month and my phone is revived but can't use it because it won't except any unlock code. I tried to buy one the guy said it was a premier code and was gong to cost me 30 bucks or so.
Is your serial number the same and imei the same? (Same as when u sent it in for repair?) Mine are different than they were and I think I can fix it myself .
I will let you know if anything happens on my end

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

..alee

Sep 2, 2010
Toronto
Did you get yours fixed by mobile tech vids.com? I just got mine back from them after a month and my phone is revived but can't use it because it won't except any unlock code. I tried to buy one the guy said it was a premier code and was gong to cost me 30 bucks or so.
Is your serial number the same and imei the same? (Same as when u sent it in for repair?) Mine are different than they were and I think I can fix it myself .
I will let you know if anything happens on my end

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
no, I got it fixed from HTC and they changed my serial number too (probably they sent a new phone since IMEI is for each device and can't be changed). regardless, I used http://www.cellunlocker.net/ to get a new unlock code. It took them sometime but they actually provided me a working code.

cannonofcourse

Apr 7, 2013
Baton Rouge
IMEI can't be changed ? What? Of course it can. I have an HTC one jtaged with different s/n and IMEI.
Mobile tech videos said those numbers had to be regenerated and now it would seem I have a whole different motherboard. Locked to no network. It won't even run on ATT. I don't seem to understand why xda will shut down a forumn if it's even a thought to mess with the iemi but I can't say all but I know one company changing dev blocks and blaming the brick.
If I can't talk about it how can i work on a solution to unlock the unlockable ?

Sent from my unknown using xda app-developers app

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
IMEI can't be changed ? What? Of course it can. I have an HTC one jtaged with different s/n and IMEI.
Mobile tech videos said those numbers had to be regenerated and now it would seem I have a whole different motherboard. Locked to no network. It won't even run on ATT. I don't seem to understand why xda will shut down a forumn if it's even a thought to mess with the iemi but I can't say all but I know one company changing dev blocks and blaming the brick.
If I can't talk about it how can i work on a solution to unlock the unlockable ?

Sent from my unknown using xda app-developers app

In the US the IEMI is Hardcoded to the motherboard ( or so I was told) ...if your number changed your motherboard was changed. pretty simple huh