T-Mobile USA version has upgraded hardware!!!

Search This thread

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
anyone seen this? I highlighted the differences :) I am very excited about this.

http://www.htc.com/us/products/t-mobile-hd2#tech-specs

Operating System Windows Mobile 6.5
Processor Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon
Internal Memory ROM 1GB;
RAM 576MB
Compatibility * WiFi: 802.11 b/g
* GPS/AGPS
Email One Exchange, up to 6 POP/IMAP
Dimensions 122x67x11mm
Weight 157g (with battery)
Display 4.3-inch HD touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution
Technology GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA/HSPA: 1700 MHz (AWS) / 2100 MHz
Battery 1230 mAh
alk Time: 380 min (GSM)
Standby Time: 490 hours (GSM) (The above are subject to network and phone usage)
Speakerphone Built-in microphone, speaker
Built in Camera 5MP, including widescreen capture, digital zoom and 2x LED Flash
Audio/Video * Windows Media® Player
* Albums
* Pictures & Videos
* FM Radio
* Audio supported formats:
.aac, .amr, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .mp4, .qcp, .wav, .wma
* Video supported formats:
.wmv, .asf, .mp4, .3gp, .3g2, .m4v, .avi
I/O Interface Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate, WiFi: 802.11 b/g
Expansion microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible) (up to 32GB)
Antenna Internal Antenna
In Box Content 16GB MicroSD Card
MicroUSB Cable
Travel Charger
User Interface * HTC Sense user experience
* Capacitive touchscreen with pinch-to-zoom and haptic capability
* G-Sensor
* Proximity sensor
* 3.5 mm headset jack

pspbirte

Dec 12, 2009
Also look at the hardware buttons... The call/end buttons now have colors! (Green and red) .... :D

Spike15

Nov 1, 2009
So just to get this straight, you're trading GOOD UMTS bands (the 850/2100 on the Telstra one (T9193) is brilliant...excellent worldwide compatibility) for neutered UMTS bands and ~100 megs of RAM?

The ROM difference doesn't really seem significant.

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
WOW, that is pretty impressive. The 1gb will help CAB whores alot! As for the added RAM. Really, it's not nessasary unless you plan on flooding the hell out of your device and everyone and anyone knows that WM starts acting up with alot installed. With the current model's RAM, it's plenty. I have never seen mine drop lower than 150mb which is amazing! I would consider it if t-mobile was not so inferrior compared to at&t. Atleast in the north east that is. Whats even more impressive is how HTCa has it on their site already. Usually they don't ad a device with FULL specs unil its released or real close to release. Like a week or so away. Hmmm, Can we be seeing this bad boy earlier than we think? HTC sneak attack..? LOL

Last edited:

freyberry

Dec 27, 2009
The most important thing is the internal 1GB ROM memory.

Seems that HTC finally understood that 160MB of free memory out of the box make absolutely no sense when applications downloaded from the Marketplace (which is where most consumers - not us powerusers - get their stuff from) can only be installed to the internal storage.

That's very very good. Just look at all the questions on this forum about the internal storage filling up - good that HTC has resolved that problem, at least for the users in the US.

Unfortunately still no sign of WM6.5.X on the US HD2.

Last edited:

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
So just to get this straight, you're trading GOOD UMTS bands (the 850/2100 on the Telstra one (T9193) is brilliant...excellent worldwide compatibility) for neutered UMTS bands and ~100 megs of RAM?

The ROM difference doesn't really seem significant.

up absolutely since att absolutely stinks everywhere i use it. And Ive had it for 10 years lol. Good thing it was through my work so i didn't pay for it because i would not choose them otherwise. T-mobile has recently upgraded everything and is headed to bigger and better things. i cant really go wrong coming from no signal no can i ;) Not to mention, my company will take over my contract so i will sell my EU version and get one on contract from tmobile, that makes me money

bigger rom makes tons of difference if you are downloading a lot from marketplace

Spike15

Nov 1, 2009
up absolutely since att absolutely stinks everywhere i use it. And Ive had it for 10 years lol. Good thing it was through my work so i didn't pay for it because i would not choose them otherwise. T-mobile has recently upgraded everything and is headed to bigger and better things. i cant really go wrong coming from no signal no can i ;) Not to mention, my company will take over my contract so i will sell my EU version and get one on contract from tmobile, that makes me money

But that doesn't help you for roaming.

Audio Oblivion

Aug 16, 2006
ukbreakbeat.com
I didnt think that either difference was significant but thought it was nice for our U.S. cousins to have ...

however... now that the windows marketplace has been mentioned, along with its inability to install apps to anything other then internal device memory (at present i hope), i think the change is actuallly quite big news.

Knowing that the market place is region specific... are we going to see an aggressive tactic from Microsoft, HTC and T-Mobile in the U.S.?

lude219

Jul 13, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
I think the +100mb in the RAM is more important than the 1Gb of ROM, seeing how programs will run smoother and faster, not to mention MORE multitasking with the added RAM. The 1Gb of ROM is good to those who wish not to tinker their phone and just use it out of the box. Though for those who are aware of XDA-developers, we can easily save programs and run it from the microSD card.

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
I didnt think that either difference was significant but thought it was nice for our U.S. cousins to have ...

however... now that the windows marketplace has been mentioned, along with its inability to install apps to anything other then internal device memory (at present i hope), i think the change is actuallly quite big news.

Knowing that the market place is region specific... are we going to see an aggressive tactic from Microsoft, HTC and T-Mobile in the U.S.?

i have already run out of space on my EU version when i run things like WAD2 with all my themes.

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
I think the +100mb in the RAM is more important than the 1Gb of ROM, seeing how programs will run smoother and faster, not to mention MORE multitasking with the added RAM. The 1Gb of ROM is good to those who wish not to tinker their phone and just use it out of the box. Though for those who are aware of XDA-developers, we can easily save programs and run it from the microSD card.

well the way i see it, programs, no matter where they are installed are getting bigger, more colorful, more animated and use more RAM do to those facts. The word "important" may be strong to use for added RAM right now but hey, who wouldn't want more RAM??? and ROM for that matter. I agree it isnt earth shattering, but its nice to see :)

lude219

Jul 13, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
Indeed. Usually the US would get hand-me-downs or even crippled version of the EU/Asia ones, but not in this case. I'm glad that T-mobile is picking up the pace.

M

MrMagicMushroom

Aw man, I frown at my HD2 in comparison. :p Maybe the differences won't be so vast. What I have now works and I'm very happy with, just give me WM7!

16GB micro SD out of the box is just spoiling though, I'm spending up to £50 for one off Amazon as the 2gb out of the box just won't cut it!

Audio Oblivion

Aug 16, 2006
ukbreakbeat.com
Aw man, I frown at my HD2 in comparison.!

no need.. if you know what you are doing then the extra device storage space isnt an issue.

the RAM increase is nice with an additional 128MB but what apps currently on winmo will need the extra oomph?

still... a good move by the companies involved... its probably going to help sales for those US customers who would have say, got an iPhone instead?