[XAP] PDF Move V1.3.3 - 18-Sep-2012 Attached PDF to emails or upload to Skydrive

Search This thread

Bruce_X_Lee

Aug 17, 2009
Hi All I made this simple app that make it very easy to move PDF files from Adobe Reader's IsoStore to Office Hub, from where they can be emailed as attachements.

Lastest version also has the ability to upload PDF files to any folder in Skydrive.

To open PDF files directly from office hub, you Adobe Reader app should have root access.

Updated for better compatibility with Adobe Reader 10.1.

Ability to pin a PDF document to start screen!

Thanks to the WP7 Root Tools and the DllImport Project by fiinix00.

Updated in V1.3.4 19-Sep-2012
Added a small notification when the user navigating to Skydrive page without selecting any file.

Forgot to update the version number in the 'About' page of the app. It still reads 1.3.1.

Updated in V1.3.3 18-Sep-2012

Tap the page title, i.e., 'documents', to select all files. Tap again to select none.

Updated in V1.3.1 18-Sep-2012

1. Batch upload to Skydrive.
Previously was using BackgroundUploadAsync, which by default only works if the phone is connected to external power and I could not find a way to change that. Now it is using the 'foreground' UploadAsync, which means you have to wait unitl the upload is finished. However it does work as long as your phone has internet connection.

2. Added rename file option.

Updated in V1.3 16-Sep-2012
1. Batch upload to Skydrive. However this can not be done in background. If you leave the app only the file that is being uploaded will be completed the rest in the q will be left in the app's isolated storage. You will get a notice when you reload the app. It is better to upload a single file each time.
2. You can chose any folder in your Skydrive, or create a new folder.
3. Option to delete both Adobe Reader's copy and Office Hub's copy of the same file.

Updated in V1.2.1 16-Sep-2012
1. check root status on navigation to the app and notify the user if root access if not granted.
2. Fixed the bug in cleaning up duplicated files. Thanks to contable for pointing out this.

Updated in V1.2 15-Sep-2012
1. Batch operation for 'move' and 'delete'
2. Clean up duplicated files generated by Adobe Reader. Could not stop it from making copies but can detect and delete them.
3. Quick access to Office hub. When the files are copied to office hub, a toast notification will appear. Tap on the toast to go directly to office hub.

[13-Sep-2012]
Hi all, than you for testing. I will investigate all the issues you have found and see if I can solve them. I have only an HTC Titan and it works as expected.

For those whom cannot open PDF files from office hub, have tried to grant root access to Adobe Reader?

Attachments

• PDF_Move.xap
    256.3 KB · Views: 863
  • PDF_Move_v1.2.xap
    528.8 KB · Views: 198
  • PDF_Move_1.2.1.xap
    467.1 KB · Views: 94
  • PDF_Move_1.3.xap
    544.5 KB · Views: 132
  • PDF_Move_1.3.1.xap
    545.6 KB · Views: 76
  • PDF_Move_1.3.2.xap
    545.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PDF_Move_1.3.3.xap
    546 KB · Views: 237
  • PDF_Move_1.3.4.xap
    546 KB · Views: 3,350
Last edited:

marek1

Jun 1, 2007
Usti nad Labem
Hi All I made this simple app that make it very easy to move PDF files from Adobe Reader's IsoStore to Office Hub, from where they can be emailed as attachements.

Thanks to the WP7 Root Tools S

Are you sure that you can email PDF file as attachements and not ONLY like
Skydrive link ?

Thanks for info.

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
Tried it on Samsung Focus with permission from WP7 Root Tool. It does show it in the Office Hub but does not launch it from there, Says The File Path is not valid. Secondly the sync never seems to get completed which is the issue of the former. With this getting done, I really doubt it can be emailed, but pin to start works.

znial

Aug 27, 2007
Bologna
Tried it on Samsung Focus with permission from WP7 Root Tool. It does show it in the Office Hub but does not launch it from there, Says The File Path is not valid. Secondly the sync never seems to get completed which is the issue of the former. With this getting done, I really doubt it can be emailed, but pin to start works.

same here, omnia7 tango and wp7 root tool

it is weird, before the adobe reader update (appened for me early this week) it was working
maybe there is something changed in adobe reader app...

for emailing pdf, it works
open Office, Phone documents, tap on pdf and share by email, it attach a pdf and not a skidrive link ... Great!

Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
The app works fine ! Many thanks

I have worked on a similar app some weeks ago, but your app looks much nicer.

Could you add multiple selection for move and delete ?

Sadly direct sending via email from inside the app isn´t possible because of the OS restriction,
but you could add a direct skydrive upload (with folder selection). From the office hub you only can upload
to the main-folder of skydrive.

Regards

contable

Last edited:
Reactions: HC_72

Bruce_X_Lee

Aug 17, 2009
OK I found how exactly it works and except that I still cannot launch the file from Office Hub. I have the review done at wpxbox http://www.wpxbox.com/homebrew-attach-pdf-file-in-email-in-windows-phone-pdf-move/ and a video if you want to show case.

YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrNmCo0LvQ&feature=youtu.be

Hi, thank you for testing my app.

I have only one HTC titan with fully unlocked ROM and the app work as I described. It creats a copy of the file in "/My Documents" folder which will show up in the office hub. When you launch the app it will check both Adobe's isolated Storage and "/My Documents" folder. If a file exists in both places the app will put on the "Synced" icon.

I can open the file from either the app or from office Hub on my Titan and I can email it from office hub. I will investigate the problem you described.

Reactions: contable

Bruce_X_Lee

Aug 17, 2009

Sadly direct sending via email from inside the app isn´t possible because of the OS restriction,
but you could add a direct skydrive upload (with folder selection). From the office hub you only can upload

Regards

contable

Thank you for you suggestions. I will add these functions this weekend.

Reactions: HC_72 and contable

contable

Oct 25, 2009
I can confirm that open pdf´s from the office hub works fine, too.:good:

I don´t know if it depends on the given root access to Adobe Reader or on the new version of that app, but with the previous version I always got the "Invalid path" error if I tried to open a pdf from the office hub.

If you open a pdf from the office hub it has one negative sideeffect:

The viewed file has been duplicated on the Isolated Storage of Adobe Reader and this happens again everytime when you open the file....

Bruce_X_Lee

Aug 17, 2009

I don´t know if it depends on the given root access to Adobe Reader or on the new version of that app, but with the previous version I always got the "Invalid path" error if I tried to open a pdf from the office hub.

The viewed file has been duplicated on the Isolated Storage of Adobe Reader and this happens again everytime when you open the file....

I will fix this problem this weekend. Have got a full time job to do...

Reactions: HC_72 and contable

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Another suggestion:

Maybe a button which starts the office hub from inside your app would be useful.

=> the user could jump directly to the office hub after syncing a pdf and send it via email

Reactions: HC_72

HC_72

Feb 14, 2010
Santo Domingo

Regards

contable

Indeed the app works fine. Many Thanks.

Uploading directly to skydrive would be a very nice extension.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
There is a small problem when I delete a pdf with your app:

The app stays listed in Adobe Reader and can´t be removed from there.

Reactions: Bruce_X_Lee

contable

Oct 25, 2009
First of all thanks again for the update !

My feedback:

- delete "bug" fixed
- the toast notification works fine (cool idea)
- office hub can be accessed
- multiple selection (delete and copy) works fine

- clean up duplicated files works only for the first duplicated file (extension ...-1.pdf). If I have duplicated files with ...-2.pdf, ...-3.pdf and so on the clean up doesn´t work.

Another suggestion:

- please add the root check function (WP7 Root Tools SDK), because non-experienced users need a hint that root access has to be enabled for using the app

Skydrive upload:

Let me know if you will get it working by yourself, if not I know somebody here at xda who could help to add this function....

Regards

contable

Bruce_X_Lee

Aug 17, 2009
First of all thanks again for the update !

My feedback:

- delete "bug" fixed
- the toast notification works fine (cool idea)
- office hub can be accessed
- multiple selection (delete and copy) works fine

- clean up duplicated files works only for the first duplicated file (extension ...-1.pdf). If I have duplicated files with ...-2.pdf, ...-3.pdf and so on the clean up doesn´t work.

Another suggestion:

- please add the root check function (WP7 Root Tools SDK), because non-experienced users need a hint that root access has to be enabled for using the app

Skydrive upload:

Let me know if you will get it working by yourself, if not I know somebody here at xda who could help to add this function....

Regards

contable

Hi contable, thank you very much. I have fixed the cleaning up bug and added root status check in V1.2.1.

The duplicated files are checked firstly based on their name using a regular expression and then the existence of the original file is checked. If the original file exists, then the file size is compared with the original file. if the file size is also the same, then it is reported as a duplication.

Yes, if someone can teach me how to use the skydrive api it would be greatly appreciated. I can also give the source code to him if he is OK with my amature VB.Net skill.
Update
I have figured out how to use skydrive api by myself. an updated version of the app will be ready soon.

Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Hi contable, thank you very much. I have fixed the cleaning up bug and added root status check in V1.2.1.

The duplicated files are checked firstly based on their name using a regular expression and then the existence of the original file is checked. If the original file exists, then the file size is compared with the original file. if the file size is also the same, then it is reported as a duplication.

Yes, if someone can teach me how to use the skydrive api it would be greatly appreciated. I can also give the source code to him if he is OK with my amature VB.Net skill.
Update
I have figured out how to use skydrive api by myself. an updated version of the app will be ready soon.

Thank you for updating.

Deleting duplicated files works fine now, root check too.

Here a hint for other users:

Always leave Adobe Reader with the back button of your phone !
Files which are still opened in the background (when you leave Adobe Reader with the Windows button of your phone) can´t be deleted with PDF Move.

Is it possible to check if Adobe Reader is still running in the background when you launch PDF Move ? In that case you could close it before the user start to work with PDF Move.... Just an idea.

Attached 2 screenshots of another (Marketplace) app which lets you upload pdf´s to skydrive, dropbox and googledocs as well as sending them via (a predefined) email.

Maybe it´s helpful...

Best regards

contable

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Another suggestion:

If you want to delete a "moved" pdf the app could ask the users if the file should be deleted from My Documents folder, too.

So it would be possible to clean up both folders in one step.

Bruce_X_Lee

Aug 17, 2009
Another suggestion:

If you want to delete a "moved" pdf the app could ask the users if the file should be deleted from My Documents folder, too.

So it would be possible to clean up both folders in one step.

Added this option in V1.3, including upload to Skydrive.
Will have to wait until next weekend to add any new features.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lastest version also has the ability to upload PDF files to any folder in Skydrive.

To open PDF files directly from office hub, you Adobe Reader app should have root access.

Thanks to the WP7 Root Tools and the DllImport Project by fiinix00.

Updated in V1.3.4 19-Sep-2012
    Added a small notification when the user navigating to Skydrive page without selecting any file.

Forgot to update the version number in the 'About' page of the app. It still reads 1.3.1.

Updated in V1.3.3 18-Sep-2012

Tap the page title, i.e., 'documents', to select all files. Tap again to select none.

Updated in V1.3.1 18-Sep-2012

1. Batch upload to Skydrive.
    Previously was using BackgroundUploadAsync, which by default only works if the phone is connected to external power and I could not find a way to change that. Now it is using the 'foreground' UploadAsync, which means you have to wait unitl the upload is finished. However it does work as long as your phone has internet connection.

2. Added rename file option.

Updated in V1.3 16-Sep-2012
    1. Batch upload to Skydrive. However this can not be done in background. If you leave the app only the file that is being uploaded will be completed the rest in the q will be left in the app's isolated storage. You will get a notice when you reload the app. It is better to upload a single file each time.
    2. You can chose any folder in your Skydrive, or create a new folder.
    3. Option to delete both Adobe Reader's copy and Office Hub's copy of the same file.

Updated in V1.2.1 16-Sep-2012
    1. check root status on navigation to the app and notify the user if root access if not granted.
    2. Fixed the bug in cleaning up duplicated files. Thanks to contable for pointing out this.

Updated in V1.2 15-Sep-2012
    1. Batch operation for 'move' and 'delete'
    2. Clean up duplicated files generated by Adobe Reader. Could not stop it from making copies but can detect and delete them.
    3. Quick access to Office hub. When the files are copied to office hub, a toast notification will appear. Tap on the toast to go directly to office hub.

[13-Sep-2012]
    Hi all, than you for testing. I will investigate all the issues you have found and see if I can solve them. I have only an HTC Titan and it works as expected.

For those whom cannot open PDF files from office hub, have tried to grant root access to Adobe Reader?
    Here the dark themed version...

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    No problem at all.

In the meantime I have tested the app on 2 more devices with different roms and I got the same result:

1. Upload only works with usb-connection
    2. Everytime I login I have to confirm again the skydrive access

Hi
    1. Upload should work without external power now. The downside is that it can run in the background. previously I was using backgrounduploadasync, which needs external power and does not run on celluar data. I could not find a way to change that so instead, now I am using forground uploadasync.
    2. Not sure how to solve that. But at least now I store the session on an App level, so as least you don't need to log in again when go back-and-forwards between the main ui and the skydrive page. If you restart the app you probaly still need to sign in again. I will learn more about the API and if you know someone who is better at this please let him/her know that I 'd like their help.

I will PM you the source code.

Regards

contable

Thank you for you suggestions. I will add these functions this weekend.

I will fix this problem this weekend. Have got a full time job to do...