[Q] Camera not working

Search This thread

sarin5711

Jul 6, 2011
I rooted my phone about two months ago and didnt have any problems at all. Used HTC's website and loaded cleanrom reborn 1.1 and the kernel that came with it is 2.6.35.13-g277012f

Recently, about a week or two ago, I noticed the camera starting to fail. It occasionally wouldnt load in 2D mode, just give me a black screen. Now, it rarely loads at all. Either the whole screen is black or it brings up the camera app (stock, instagram, fb, all the same) but the part of the screen that would show the picture is black. When I turn it to 3D mode the screen freezes, then flickers, and quickly closes to the home screen and still flickers for about 3 seconds then is fine.

My questions are this, could this be caused due to needing an update, a new ROM or new hardware? Also what do you all recommend as far as the best ROM for taking pictures?

And on an unrelated note, does anyone know a good ROM that supports 4G hotspot instead of it just automatically switching to 3G??

Thanks

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
As for the camera failing sorry to here that but you can down load the amaze camera from the dev section and they have all different version of it and its for both CDMA and gsm

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Heaterz16

Mar 26, 2010
My camera just started acting up also, I went ahead and wiped everything and installed bone stock rom (rooted only) and camera is still messed up.

When I use the main camera it works fine, when I switch to front facing camera - it stays on the main camera and just inverts the image :(

Is this a hardware or software issue? I am guessing it is the hardware

Let me know what you guys think.

Heaterz16

Mar 26, 2010
My camera just started acting up also, I went ahead and wiped everything and installed bone stock rom (rooted only) and camera is still messed up.

When I use the main camera it works fine, when I switch to front facing camera - it stays on the main camera and just inverts the image :(

Is this a hardware or software issue? I am guessing it is the hardware

Let me know what you guys think.

Nobody has seen this issue???

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Yup. Running an ruu removes root. Just don't run the hboot1.5 ruu if your on hboot1.4. It will save you a headache.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Nah. Just run the ruu. Make sure your battery is over 85% imo things go a lot smoother.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Heaterz16

Mar 26, 2010
I really do appreciate the replies, but not sure I am willing to run the RUU and re-root since it is a pretty high likelihood that it is a hardware failure since I went back to completely 100% stock (only rooted) ROM. Torn on getting a replacement and having to deal with the Hboot 1.5 mess just so I can use the face unlock feature in ICS or stick with what I have an no FFC.