[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - p4/wifi/vzw - milestone 6

Search This thread

xanmanz31

Mar 21, 2010
Having some issues with wifi It will connect and run OK for a bit then drop out. Running build 36 with gapps 4/29. When I open Wi-Fi settings the signal icon shows white bars but when I leave that page all the bars go away but remains connected. Says signal strength is excellent. TIA

Sent from the Galaxy of 3D Ice Cream Sandwiches!

automaddux

Oct 11, 2010
Memphis
Nexus 7
I haven't searched this whole thread so forgive me if this is redundant, but I need the newest version of CWM on my Verizon GTab but I don't know how to install it. currently on v. 4.0.1.4 I believe. I've tried odin but it won't let me use the recovery file I have. keeps saying image is invalid. not sure if I'm using an older version or what but any help would be magical. I am soooo tired of Twiz.

xanmanz31

Mar 21, 2010
I haven't searched this whole thread so forgive me if this is redundant, but I need the newest version of CWM on my Verizon GTab but I don't know how to install it. currently on v. 4.0.1.4 I believe. I've tried odin but it won't let me use the recovery file I have. keeps saying image is invalid. not sure if I'm using an older version or what but any help would be magical. I am soooo tired of Twiz.

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

xanmanz31

Mar 21, 2010
For some reason every time I click in the search thread box on the browser the keyboard pops up and immediately disappears. I am also having an issue logging in to my Gmail on YouTube app from previous post. It keeps saying I need to link them. I can't for the life of me find it in settings. If I hit add account it tells me it already exists. Any thoughts? Rls 36 4/29 gapps YouTube APk from previous post in thread.

Panos_dm

Jan 26, 2011
I'm running the latest build and running the latest gapps too, ( build 36 and 4/29). For the last few builds and gapps, there hasn't been a YouTube app and play store says YouTube is incompatible with my device. This has been bothering me so much that I went back to honeycomb for two whole days lol. So how do I get YouTube back? Pull the apk from somewhere?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Get YouTube here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1529715.

I have another question: Yesterday I flashed build 36. Nice looking, fast, pretty much it worked great. I accidentally tried to open the camera and the tab restarted. After that the toggles in the notification area (wifi, torch, gps etc) were all messed up. I couldn't fix it so I did a wipe and they were ok. When the tab started again everything was fine. I set it up, and when it was ready I rebooted in recovery to make a nandroid backup just to be safe. When I boot the tab again, the toggles are once again f****d up... Ok, I said, I will just restore the nandroid. But... It didn't fix the toggle buttons.:(
When I change them to look like cyanogenmod's they are ok. But I really like the way they look in aokp. Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Sent from my amazing 10.1 galaxy tab :)

dietzr

Nov 8, 2009
Sydney
stock browser issue

I am on build 36 with the latest gapps (29) and if I open a page with lots of pictures it does not display the pictures immidiately. if I do a refresh it is ok.
Anyone else with that issue and and ideas to resolve it ?

sarfaraaz

Oct 27, 2010
Durban
Hi, I have the latest build installed on my tab. Just now, the touch screen stopped working and I can't unlock the damn thing :( Is there a way to reboot the galaxy tab from adb or something?

Ray1

Aug 13, 2011
I'm on a 4 Mbps connection, but the download of build 36 is so slow. About 2kBps only. And it often stops before it reach 5% saying download fail. What's happening to their server? Too many down
Loads?

ishay_maimon

Feb 24, 2012
With I'm on milestone 5 and I won't to install the build - 36 I need to do full wipe or only install ? .

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

RustyNailz

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So a reboot is still the only fix for this?

When you press the power button and the screen dims without going completely off, wait for it to go completely off. You should then be able to press the power button and the touch screen should be working again.

I've also found that I can repeatedly swipe to unlock the tablet and occasionally it will start working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find milestone-6 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    one for science
    Does it fix camera issue I'm having?

OK, new rule: If anyone asks about the camera from now on, the answer is "Yes, my camera works great. Did you do a full wipe?"; follow up: "really? still doesn't work? Do another full wipe."

Go.
    updated to m3. mostly phone stuff, but some nice things in there for tablets. definitely worth upgrading i think.

I enabled more tablet settings/cleaned up some settings in RC. toggle icons should show, lockscreen works great now, things like that.

now that m3 is out, I'll probably be focusing on bringing the tablets up to where phones are feature-wise
    Here's the latest Build 39. I fixed the bootloop issues and merged all changes up to todays date for you guys.

Build 6.19.2012

Download HERE