[Q] [SOLVED] Stupid noob question

Search This thread

shabuboy

Mar 14, 2014
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hello,

I decided to root the Mrs Kindle Fire 1st gen, all good so far! I was able to root it, add TWRP, FFF a ROM and gapps.

however, my question is: Can I copy files to it by connecting it to a PC? Before with the stock OS, it would show up on windows explorer and could copy/paste files to it. Now, even though it does load the driver and appears as "Android ADB interface", does not map a letter to it.

Not worry much, since I can use "ES file explorer" for network shares, but would be nice for big files.

Anyone?

:cowboy:

Last edited:

shabuboy

Mar 14, 2014
Google Pixel 4a 5G
hmm, I tried all 3 options, the only one that works is the Camera (PTP) mode. UMS might work as well if it had a SD card slot perhaps.
Nevertheless, MTP options does not work.

For TWRP, I need to reboot on it, correct?

Thanks!

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
hmm, I tried all 3 options, the only one that works is the Camera (PTP) mode. UMS might work as well if it had a SD card slot perhaps.

Thanks!

Yes, to use twrp you must reboot the device. Yes, Windows drivers are a mess for other than stock Kindle. Using twrp is easier than getting the drivers to load correctly in Windows 8.1.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do all my file transfers in twrp. Mount the device and it shows as a USB drive. Note: release the USB drive before unmounting the device.

Thanks!

Yes, to use twrp you must reboot the device. Yes, Windows drivers are a mess for other than stock Kindle. Using twrp is easier than getting the drivers to load correctly in Windows 8.1.