Vodafone New Zealand don't recommend Samsung products to businesses, story of my S5

Search This thread

droiduser

Jul 15, 2009
I received a new S5 from Vodafone business (free on a plan for the company)
It failed with touchscreen issues day 2.
Phone up the business account manager for a replacement (you'd think they'd just send out a new one and send a prepayed courier bag for the faulty return)
But no...
Had to courier it back to Vodafone so they could then send it to Samsung service, as supposedly Samsung require all products to be thoroughly investigated for errors before any replacements/returns etc.
Well after 4 WEEKS or waiting and multiple complaints about the time of getting a replacement for a brand new phone, eventually it arrived hand delivered by the Vodafone account manger (Remember this one was almost a DOA as day 2 it failed).
He said Samsung wouldnt replace it because it wasnt returned with all parts as original (of course it was returned with all parts in the original box and even rewrapped in the original plastic inside the box so it was 100% OEM in perfect condition) so that was complete bull**** from Samsung repair.
It was returned to us in simple bubble wrap with just the phone, no box, no cables, no charger, no nothing. (So now if it fails again at least Samsung can say again they cant replace it because its not wit the original parts, because THEY DIDNT SEND ANY IN THE FIRST PLACE)

The account manager then says that they dont recommend Samsung for businesses as the repair system is sub-par and they have constant issues with Samsung in New Zealand and instead recommend Iphone for ALL business users as they will replace without issue within 24hrs or less for ANY problems.
Of course i don't personally want an Iphone, but will definetly no longer be getting any Samsungs for the company after this sort of ridiculous treatment.

Thanks but no thanks Samsung, great tech, great screen, but ZERO service. = No more sales to us.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I received a new S5 from Vodafone business (free on a plan for the company)
It failed with touchscreen issues day 2.

Thanks but no thanks Samsung, great tech, great screen, but ZERO service. = No more sales to us.

Wow that sucks. The only good thing with US carriers is that we get free overnight replacements. Good luck finding a phone that works for you.

qinghong67

Jun 7, 2012
I'm not suprise you had this kind issue with NZ Vodafone. pretty sure that's not Samsung problem.
I swith from Vodafone to NZ Telecom 4 years ago. always get the best quality handset and top service.
Vodafone NZ ? no and never again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk