[KERNEL][AOSP]Tiamat Xoom 2.0.0 "Katana" [Update: 07/14]

Search This thread

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
So, I was running tiamat 1.4.1. (HC 3.0.1)
Made a nand backup and Flashed HC 3.1 but lost locales (pt-br)
If I restore my nand and then flash this kernel, I won't be on HC 3.1, right?

On the other hand, I'll have mine locales back, right?

Sorry for the nb question....

Cheers and tks for the effort.

That is correct. This kernel will nor work for you if you restore a 3.0.1 backup. However your locales will return

Sent from my Xoom with bacon

Reactions: hatanakaf

Craig87

Feb 27, 2004
Los Angeles, California
I was hopin' that you'd come through with the OC versions and you have! Thanks a bunch BRD.

One little problem. I have a 3G Verizon Xoom and had previously flashed a 3.1 rooted. Everything was working fine. WI-Fi is now showing as an error now that I hvae updated the new Boot Img and 1.6 kernel. Are there the correct BCM modules, etc. that I can push and then reboot to get Wi-Fi back up again?

Update: For whatever reason bcm4329.ko didn't get installed properly. I then went into the .ZIP update and extracted it and then adb pushed the bcm4329.ko and Wi-Fi is back up and smiling again. With that error....are there any other files that likely might not have been correctly rewritten that I should push....just in case?

Last edited:

lokko21

Jun 4, 2010
Chihuahua
Hi..!!! Xoomers I have been flashing this kernels since day one, but I never cared for the use of setcpu or whatever that program its called, but now I want to try the overclocking world and I want to know if there's a guide on how to use and set up SETCPU btw I have the 1.6 kernel.

Thanks in advance to all, specially to BDR, you are awesome.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

wsuo2006

May 13, 2007
Hi..!!! Xoomers I have been flashing this kernels since day one, but I never cared for the use of setcpu or whatever that program its called, but now I want to try the overclocking world and I want to know if there's a guide on how to use and set up SETCPU btw I have the 1.6 kernel.

Thanks in advance to all, specially to BDR, you are awesome.

Isn't is already OC'ed?

Reactions: Hexbug

Hexbug

Feb 27, 2011
Guys, I'm gonna be honest for a second here. I have made the instructions as simple as possible. They can be made no simpler. You are flashing a boot image because RAMDISK IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED! All you have to do is follow the instructions. I spend alot of time not only on development, but developing the simplest method of implementation possible. In a few days when I drop a new Mass Storage kernel, you will most likely have to flash ANOTHER BOOT IMAGE. You can blame GoogMotoCorp for not doing the MicroSD card right. Just follow the instructions guys. Ughhh :confused: :confused:

I followed the directions exactly, and all went without a hitch! Your instructions could not be clearer or easier!!! And my Quadrant scores are incredible! Thank you SO much, BRD! You are awesome!!!!

Reactions: slatejones

crackmulah

Apr 11, 2011
Everything Is working great but when i plug in a USB Flash Drive to my xoom, I cant seem to find the directory where it is located. any help on this?

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Everything Is working great but when i plug in a USB Flash Drive to my xoom, I cant seem to find the directory where it is located. any help on this?
It should be at /usbOTG
Excellent question, so there's no need for SetCPU...?? Or Droid overclock...??

The kernel is OC'd but you need a program like SetCPU to set the OC level otherwise it stays at the standard 1Ghz level.

crackmulah

Apr 11, 2011
/usbOTG is only showing up in ES File Explorer, no other file manager. also when i click it it says the directory is empty, but my flash drive certainly is not. i have even tried restarting the devices with the flash drive still in there and nothing.

gahhhh i need this! i hope this doesnt mean that an xbox controller wont work also :(

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
/usbOTG is only showing up in ES File Explorer, no other file manager. also when i click it it says the directory is empty, but my flash drive certainly is not. i have even tried restarting the devices with the flash drive still in there and nothing.

gahhhh i need this! i hope this doesnt mean that an xbox controller wont work also :(
Do you have the necessary OTG cable? I'm still waiting for mine so I can't confirm it works. I've also heard that not all flash drives are recognized. What file system is the drive formatted to?

crackmulah

Apr 11, 2011
Do you have the necessary OTG cable? I'm still waiting for mine so I can't confirm it works.

i bought a converter off amazon, its not motorollas cable. but i was able to use my hard disks through this converter on the older tiamat kernels, when we were running 3.0. am i going to need this exact cable????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tiamat_brd.png

AOSP Kernels for the Motorola Xoom
    Also available for HTC's Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, Nexus One, and Desire (GSM)

Tiamat is a kernel designed for use on the Motorola Xoom. We are very exicted about the future of Honeycomb and Tegra development.

In compliance with the GPL, every change and all attributions can be found in full detail in my github repositories. Please feel free to explore, fork, or even cherry-pick (please include an attribution to the appropriate dev).

Tiamat-AOSP Github Homepage -- Source for all Tiamat Kernels

Version Guide

Tiamat versions are listed in the format X.Y.Z

A progression in X indicates a major change or upgrade from previous versions.
    A progression in Y indicates a stable release with some medium alteration or many small ones together.
    A progression in Z indicates a minor change and is usually a testing release. Not all of these are released.​

Change Log:

Code:
    [center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 2.x.x[/size][/b][/quote][/center]

[b]Version 2.0.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*] ONLY SUPPORTS ANDROID 3.2
    [*] Apple Magic Mouse Support
    [*] 1.7Ghz frequency tweaking
    [*] Cpu Frequency scaling patch - should be nicer now.
    [*] Disabled the autogroup scheduler
    [*] Voltage Controls - Thanks TDR!
    [*] Miscellaneous upstream changes
    [/list]

[center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 1.x.x[/size][/b][/quote][/center]

[b]Version 1.4.4[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Introducing 1.7Ghz Overclock!
    [*]All frequency steps built in.  1.2, 1.408, 1.504, 1.6, and 1.7!
    [*]Two versions.  Overclocked GPU and Stock GPU [request filled]
    [*]USB Tether work for real now!  I personally tested with my Evo running Konikub's Evo Elite III Sense Froyo Rom.  See below for script.
    [*]Added Realtek 8150 USB Ethernet Dongle Module [request filled]
    [*]Usb Mass Storage now stock in build.  Visit [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068999"]Mass Storage Tool Thread by dinomight[/URL] for implementation. (thanks Kcrudup for turning on lun0 for us ;D )
    [*]Please see important release notes for this build.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.3[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Fixed second core scaling wake issue.  Thanks TDR
    [*]Only need a single build now as scaling works the way it should (Ya for me :D )
    [*]Brought back 2.6.36.4 (thanks Cybertronicz for digging it up)
    [*]Autogroup Scheduler brought back (by Cybertronicz from .38 tree)
    [*]Now using SLUB allocator
    [*]Eliminated even more debug bloat
    [*]HFS and HFSPlus file system modules for Mac users [request filled]
    [*]Usb Mass Storage now stock in build.  Visit [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068999"]Mass Storage Tool Thread by dinomight[/URL] for implementation. (thanks Kcrudup for turning on lun0 for us ;D )
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.2[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Two builds! Overclocked to 1.6Ghz and 1.4Ghz.  If you had stability issues with 1.5Ghz, choose the 1.4Ghz. If 1.5Ghz ran fine for you, grab the 1.6Ghz.
    [*]Just for now, kernel version had to drop to 2.6.36.3 from 2.6.36.4
    [*]All the popular file system and network mount modules including:
    [LIST]
    [*]CIFS for windows network mounts
    [*]NFS and XFS
    [*]TUN with full ipv6 support!
    [*]AUFS for dual mount and other uses
    [*]NTFS for mounting ntfs partitions
    [*]nls_utf8.ko for foreing language network mounts
    [*]And much more!
    [/LIST]
    [*]Implemented USB Ethernet for USB Tether from phone to Xoom!
    [*]Extreme debug bloat removal and massive kernel optimization
    [*]Linpack 69 and Quadrant 4800! (on 1.6Ghz Performance governor)
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.1[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Mass Storage has been removed do to stability issues.  Your SD Card still works just fine without it!
    [*]More updates from Google AOSP.
    [*]Please visit Tiamat Xoom Kernel Github Repo for commit history.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Mass Storage now enabled in Android with easy scripter script.  Thanks kcrudup for enable mass_storage_platform_device in board driver.
    [*]Huge source update from tegra upstream.  Preparation for the elusive Motorola update we don't even need now!
    [*]Found lost L2 Cache patch.  Linpack 65 and Quadrant 3000 out the box.
    [*]Removed more bloat from kernel.  Much leaner and meaner.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.3.2[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Now flashable through recovery!  No more fastboot nonsense!
    [*]Upgrade to 2.6.36.4 thanks Cybertronicz!
    [*]Merged several branches from Kcrudup into Tiamat master.
    [*]Removed debugging bloat from modules
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.3.1[/b]
    [list]
    [*]No kernel code modfications, just changes to init.stringray.rc and vold.fstab
    [*]sdcard2 now shows up inside sdcard so it plays nice with system and gallery
    [*]Make sure you follow special instructions in "How To Install"
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.3.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]SD Card enabled! Look for "sdcard2" in root. Same install instructions as 1.1.6
    [*]Huge thanks to kcrudup for ideas on gpio and "mount at boot" service. You da man!
    [*]Thanks onicrom for helping with diagnostics and testing!
    [*]Thanks cayniarb, bcnice20, and stiffspliff for teaching me so much!
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.1.6[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Only updated module, no kernel changes
    [*]Modified tun.ko for Advanced IP Routing (untested, please provide feedback)
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.1.5[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Added tun.ko for OpenVPN support (untested, please provide feedback)
    [*]Added cifs.ko for Windows Netshare (confirmed working)
    [*]Modded ramdisk and vold.fstab for USB Hosting support (Thank's a million to Roebeet!)
    [*]Works perfect with new OTA!
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.1.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Updates to memory patches
    [*]Removed Smartass Governor. Need more research.
    [*]Updates to wifi drivers for wifi-only device compatibility
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.0.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Initial release 2.6.36.3
    [*]Implemented Smartass governer
    [*]Enabled additional governers in Kconfig
    [/list]

How to Install

Instruction for flashing Tiamat Xoom Kernel And Boot Image Packs

NOTE: These instruction assume you have flashed ClockworkMod Recovery and upgraded to Honeycomb 3.1!

Preparation

1. Proceed to the Boot Image Section and grab your favorite boot image. Not needed if you're happy with what you got.

2. Proceed to the Download Center post and grab your kernel.

Installation

1. Reboot into recovery.

2. Go into "mounts and storage"

3. Select "mount USB storage"

4. Your SD Card will now be mounted on your computer. Drop the kernel (and boot image pack if applicable) onto SD Card.

5. "Go Back" then go into "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard"

6. If you are flashing a boot image pack, flash it first. Then flash the kernel zip. NOT FOR ANDROID 3.2

7. Back out to main menu and reboot.
    Kernel Download Center

DISCLAIMER

Only get Official Tiamat Xoom Kernel releases from this location or download from Kernel Manager. As a user and Android Enthusiast, you can rest assured that the releases from these sources are SAFE. These releases have been rigorously tested and are suitable for public release.

As a Tiamat Xoom Kernel User, you agree to the following terms and common sense principals

• As an Android Enthusiast, you are responsible for having a basic understanding of commonly used tools. These include, but are not limited to, ADB, shell, fastboot, and ClockworkMod Recovery.
    • You agree to follow the instructions EXACTLY AS POSTED. With recovery and Kernel Manager, it should now be relatively easy to flash.
    • You agree that this is a kernel development thread on a development website. You will treat other users with dignity respect. Your posts will be easily understandable and productive.
    • You agree to NEVER ASK FOR TIMEFRAMES OR ETA'S. I have a boss at work, and at home, and it's not you. ;)
    • As an Android Developer, I pledge to release SAFE kernels that are as stable as possible. The goal of kernel development is to improve the performance, battery life, and provide additional functionality to Android devices.
    • I pledge to keep my Github repository up-to-date. You will ALWAYS be able to fork, pull request, or just review my source. In fact, I highly encourage user participation in the development process.

By clicking on the download links below, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the aforementioned paragraph.

Full repository of all versions, released and unreleased for the HTC Droid Incredible, the HTC Evo 4G, and the Xoom

Release notes for 2.0.0:
    Tiamat Kernel 2.0.0 Katana, is ONLY TO BE USED WITH 3.2. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH 3.1.
    Also, do not flash a boot.img as this will also break stuff at the moment on 3.2.

Release Notes for 1.4.4: 1.7Ghz is likely as far as we can push the Tegra2 cores. We have stress tested the heck out of 1.7 and it is safe. However, safe does not mean stable. Personally, I can run 1.7 on Interactive governor all day and it's smooth as butter. Other folks get reboots. If you can not run at 1.7, try 1.6. Everybody who tested was able to run at 1.504 without any problems. Just because this release is clocked to 1.7, that does not mean you can not run at stock speeds. Simply do not overclock. The settings for 1Ghz are identical to stock settings. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you leave your device on INTERACTIVE. You may use Performance solely for benchmarking purposes, but then PUT IT BACK.

USB Tether: Plug OTG cable into Xoom. Plug phone with microUSB cable into OTG cable. On phone, enable USB Tether. On Xoom, run the following in terminal or script manager (Scripter, GScript, Tasker) of your choice.

Code:
    dhcpcd usb1
    setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

The Xoom will not show any indication that there is a network connection. But pull up your browser and surf away. Like I said earlier, I tested this personally on the Evo with a Sense rom. It works perfect. However, there are countless devices out there. Your experience may vary.

Version 2.0.0 "Katana" - Overclocked GPU
    MD5sum: f6d64e4e81d2ac050ac1c603b1dbae84

Version 2.0.0 "Katana" - Stock GPU
    MD5sum: 1fd6a9dfe9c977d53483cb87be258687

Version 1.4.4 "Full Throttle Baby!" -- Bitly Bundle for better tracking

Archive can be found at http://bigrushmods.com/tiamat.html
    Tiamat Xoom Kernel Modpacks

Tiamat Xoom Kernel Boot Images For Honeycomb 3.1 ONLY NOT FOR 3.2

Be sure to flash your boot image first! Then flash your kernel. You can flash the boot image and kernel back-to-back in the same recovery session. Don't worry. If you mess up and flash just these boot images, your device will still boot.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

About These Boot Images

These modifications apply to all boot images

• Enable MicroSD card in Android mounted at "sdcard/external".
    • Enable USB Host with and OTG cable mounted at "/usbOTG"
    • New! EXT4 file system mount mod for faster write speeds and killer Quadrant scores. Thanks TDR from AndroidCentral!

WIFI Only

Charging light on when device is on
    MD5SUM: fb27af9e9351458b7dfac45b9a1d8b0c

Charging light off when device is on (stock behavior)
    MD5SUM: cbe6d5123ef9a734625f6fac40a5a25c

Verizon 3G Only

Charging light on when device is on
    MD5SUM: c96a3b1941b9055c3f062ef8d37f8db9

Charging light off when device is on (stock behavior)
    MD5SUM: cf16de47b473e8804967e61b13c68343
    Guys, I'm gonna be honest for a second here. I have made the instructions as simple as possible. They can be made no simpler. You are flashing a boot image because RAMDISK IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED! All you have to do is follow the instructions. I spend alot of time not only on development, but developing the simplest method of implementation possible. In a few days when I drop a new Mass Storage kernel, you will most likely have to flash ANOTHER BOOT IMAGE. You can blame GoogMotoCorp for not doing the MicroSD card right. Just follow the instructions guys. Ughhh :confused: :confused:
    Just want to point out that the link to the new kernel is NOT bigrushdog's kernel. Flash with good judgment. Also, I think it was bad manners posting that link here....should have started your own thread.

Sent from my HTC HD2

It's all good. No worries. Not like I did enough this week or anything lol. I am going to release Tiamat 1.4.2 today. Quite frankly, it's wicked. BTW, don't be fooled by ext4 filesys hacks to trick a high quadrant score. You guys remember my "hyperspeed" kernel? It was the same thing. I can get a 9000 quadrant score doing that. Put it has no real impact on device performance. Anyways, we got a killer kernel on the way.