Dell Streak - The Complete Guide - ## Look here first!! ##

Search This thread

dave2

Jun 9, 2010
London
I can't seem to install drivers :( I searched in device manager and tried to look for Google Inc like instructed however I don't have it :| Please help? Also when I install Dell Pc Suit it says go to drivers and downloads? :S :(:mad:

SokRatha

Jun 8, 2006
@Radddogg,

I think you better add a warning that FASTBOOT ERASE -W, could commpletly ruine the streak.

Actually I am one of the bad luck guy of this case.

Regards,

b1ackb1rd

Mar 6, 2005
sorry, i don't have a 3883 copy.

What was different was the sequence that i did it, and the versions to use.

Going thru your pdf, i followed point by point starting from point 1.. and i'm supposed to, after starting fastboot.. to do this
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

But i get the blank screen. Not sure why, but i guessing i had to use this
fastboot –i 0x413c
for the recovery.img so i tried this but still not working. Maybe the recovery.img is not 4399 version.. and because i was on 3883, i had to use 4399?

When i tried
fastboot –i 0x413c flash recovery recovery-clockwork-streak.img

It worked, but then i get the "E:Can't find MISC" error. I'm guessing my pkg was the 8105 instead of the 4399. So tried loading 4399 pkg but same error. The clockwork thing didn't work for me.

Anyway, after trial and error many times, long story short, i downloaded the 4399 recovery and did this

fastboot –i 0x413c flash recovery recovery4399.img
load the 4399 pkg
load the 8105 pkg

and it finally worked. Would've helped if you had mentioned what version to use or that i had to load the 2 different versions of the pkg in sequence or maybe its just me. I didn't know.. i'm an android newbie.. :)

But thanks anyway.

Thank you ... 4 days of bricked Streak, originally 6941 now VERY happy to have 4399 running, never before has the O2 splashscreen looked sooooo good !

mexitalian

Jun 24, 2009
Stuck!!

To anyone who was able to flash clockworkmod; how long did the process take? Because I seem to be stuck on the screen below. Maybe I'm impatient but I waited over 30 minutes and the "okay" never came up at the end of the "sending 'recovery' (6144 KB)..." string. It just sits there with the cursor flashing.

cdzo72

To anyone who was able to flash clockworkmod; how long did the process take? Because I seem to be stuck on the screen below. Maybe I'm impatient but I waited over 30 minutes and the "okay" never came up at the end of the "sending 'recovery' (6144 KB)..." string. It just sits there with the cursor flashing.

Flashing CWM or Streakmod only takes about 6 seconds at the most... if you got stick there you don't have the correct drivers installed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After seeing lots of different guides and struggling to understand them I have compiled a concise and easy to follow guide on fastboot, root, recovery, roms and ADB including lots of download links.

The idea is to stop people having to search high and low for a guide on how to do something and to provide easy to follow guides with no assumptions. Sort of like a central resource. This could be downloaded to your device and then all the download links are available wherever you are.

Most of it is my own work with inspiration taken from XDA and Modaco. Both forums have done a lot to help me so I thought it was time I gave back.

If you have any comments, corrections or suggestions then please email me at the email address in the attached document.

EDIT: Added lots of pictures and screen prints and converted to PDF only.

Thanks

Rob