[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *GSM Edition*

Search This thread

smashcz

Mar 28, 2010
If you can't get to ClockworkMod 5.5.0.2 (like me) do this,
fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.2-maguro.img then DON'T reboot, click to recovery with volume buttons, it will take you to ClockworkMod 5.5.0.2

brian6685

Apr 1, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I keep getting all these errors in recovery when i go into it and/or backup/restore/flash/wipe, etc.. It says cant find /cache/recovery/log or something like that. It still works, it just seems to not be able to find the logfile to log anything its doing... anyone else see this?

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
I keep getting all these errors in recovery when i go into it and/or backup/restore/flash/wipe, etc.. It says cant find /cache/recovery/log or something like that. It still works, it just seems to not be able to find the logfile to log anything its doing... anyone else see this?

Yeah I had this, enter recovery and wipe cache partion then go to advanced options and reboot recovery and your errors will be gone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

dirran

Jan 18, 2009
To be sure, is stock recovery the android with chest plate open and the exclamation symbol next to it?

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
To be sure, is stock recovery the android with chest plate open and the exclamation symbol next to it?

yes.

this CWM has screwed my device up. i can't get past the bootanimation now :eek:
edit: i'm okay now. loaded the insecure boot.img, went into recovery, wiped cache partition, rebooted recovery, wiped data, wiped cache partition, wiped dalvik cache, rebooted :)

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

If it keeps going back to stock recovery after reboot, delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p

this did not work for me.
no offense, but this version of CWM is total crap.

edit: and i'm okay again. after loading a ROM, CWM now sticks. never had so much trouble with a phone since jumping to Android over a year and a half ago. 3rd rooted devices for me, 2nd samsung one.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirran

Knolly

Oct 18, 2010
What exactly does Fix Permissions in CWM do? Whenever I run it as part of installing the Google Wallet hack, it stops a good chunk of my programs from working without uninstalling and then reinstalling them from the market.

siedkins

Jul 3, 2008
London
Many have reported on different threads (even stock) that if you have your phone connected to charger and you try to shut it down, it will get stuck and show only the battery logo. And the only way to get it boot again is to remove the battery.

I think this is more ROM related as I have not had this issue with MCR and CWM. When I tried to flash franco's kernel my phone wasn't too happy as the boot image was different to the one for MCR. When I tried to get back into recovery was when I first had this freeze and had to pull the battery. I am back to all MoDaCo ROM & Kernel and all working fine and no freeze's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think this is more ROM related as I have not had this issue with MCR and CWM. When I tried to flash franco's kernel my phone wasn't too happy as the boot image was different to the one for MCR. When I tried to get back into recovery was when I first had this freeze and had to pull the battery. I am back to all MoDaCo ROM & Kernel and all working fine and no freeze's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

i believe this gent is correct. i was coming back to the threads to ask about this very issue and i was going to go to the developers ROM thread because this wasn't the case until i flashed said ROM. i'll now stop turning my phone off and charging it at the same time until i load another one :D

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
Sorry for the previous reply. Now I think it is a kernel related issue. I flashed the MCR rom and everything works great now.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry for the previous reply. Now I think it is a kernel related issue. I flashed the MCR rom and everything works great now.

i don't. i'm running the stock kernel with a modified ROM. normally i would think the same, and try a new kernel first before making such an assumption, but not with a stock kernel.

edit: it's CWM. same issue now and i'm running stock deodexed ROM and stock kernel.

Last edited:

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me out here. I've flash CWM but how do I actually get into it?

there's 2 ways i go about it currently. shut down the device, then you can hold down volume+/- and then power, then use volume+/- until you see recovery on the screen, then hit power button to select. or, the way i like to do it, is via an app called Quick Boot that's free in the market. you'll also start to see APM (advanced power menu) mods floating around where you can have the device on and just hold the power button and select it. VillainROM's first release has this already :)

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
What exactly does Fix Permissions in CWM do? Whenever I run it as part of installing the Google Wallet hack, it stops a good chunk of my programs from working without uninstalling and then reinstalling them from the market.

It pretty much does what the name implies. It goes through the phone and sets the correct permissions for apps, and I guess other files as well (read write execute). If they aren't set correctly they won't work right.

If you look in /system/app/ you'll see all the files have the same permissions. rw-r--r--. Each set of permissions is really 3 different users (owner, group, and others). so owner has read and write permission, group and other only have read access. none of them get execute access.

kevinniven

Jun 30, 2007
Phoenix
CWM

I have installed and see some others having same problems. When i hit boot into recovery i get the little android guy with red tri. Also when I hold vol up and down and select recovery, same thing. I have also tried downloading quick boot with no luck. I havent been able to go into recovery at all! Any news on a fix for this? Am I doing something wrong?? Thx

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
I have installed and see some others having same problems. When i hit boot into recovery i get the little android guy with red tri. Also when I hold vol up and down and select recovery, same thing. I have also tried downloading quick boot with no luck. I havent been able to go into recovery at all! Any news on a fix for this? Am I doing something wrong?? Thx
That's cause u have the stock Android recovery back. There is a script that runs at boot up that checks ur recovery. If it doest see the stock one it replaces recovery back to stock. Rename or delete the script.

The script name and location are in the thread somewhere. I forget offhand. Do some reading.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.2 for Galaxy Nexus *GSM Edition*

Download Link

MD5: 445887336a863573997ccbaeedddc984
    File Size: 5,427,200 bytes

c5b37ec206c0ea8cpng.png

How to Gain Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Download root package: Link
    2. Download CWM: Link
    3. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    4. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock) then reboot into fastboot mode again
    5. Temporarily flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.2-maguro.img)
    6. Boot into recovery (Press Volume Up twice until you see "Recovery mode" then press the Power button)
    7. Using CWM recovery, install su.zip that you downloaded in step 1
    8. Reboot into the OS
    9. You are now rooted

How to Install ClockworkMod

1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p *Mount as R/W first* See this link for help
    2. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.2-maguro.img)
    4. Reboot into OS (fastboot reboot)
    5. You now have CWM recovery permanently installed

How to Access ClockworkMod

1. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    2. Press Volume Up twice
    3. Press the Power button when you see "Recovery mode" selected

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**
    can any1 make it a flashable zip

Attached.

Note this is an alpha build. I'm sure koush has not vetted out all the bugs yet...
    Has anyone made a custom Recovery so we don't have to go through all those annoying No's on the screen?

It's already built-in. Create /sdcard/clockworkmod/.one_confirm like this:

adb shell
    touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.one_confirm

This will give you only one "No" choice on top of the action choice.
    Protip: Test something before you post it. This does NOT work at the time of writing.

P