[ROM] Darkforest ROM 3.0.5 UPDATE | GSM 2.3.4/.62 | CDMA 2.3.3/.145 [WIP]

Search This thread

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Darkforest ROM 3.1.0

Turn your R800i into an Xperia S with Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 GSM​

Version 3.1.0 is GSM only and if you install on an R800x you will lose all phone functionality.

Download 3.1.0: http://icxperia.com/keiran/dfr3/DFRGSM3.1.0.zip or via DFR OTA :)

3.1.0 Changelog:
Code:
Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 Changelog

- Using 4.0.2.A.0.64 base
- Xperia S themed by FlamEmo - framework-res.apk, SemcGenericUxpRes.apk, SemcSettings.apk
- Disabled ALS due to themed Settings app not showing disable auto brigtness option
- Added Xperia S Applications:
   Alarms
   Browser
   Calculator
   Calendar
   Clock
   Contacts
   Email
   Gallery
   Games & apps (facebook)
   Messaging
   Music & videos (facebook)
   Music Player
   Phone
   Settings
   Setup Guide (needs resizing still)
   Timescape
   Track ID
   Xperia S Live Wallpapers
   Xperia S Themes (work like existing themes)
   Xperia S Widgets
   Xperia S Home
   - Left all stock widgets there (eg. old timescape) incase people still like to use them.
- Added Xperia ICS Beta Boot Animation
- Left Update center for people on locked b
- Added support for New Darkforest OTA application with real updating
- Added Darkforest Tweak app for tweaking your device on the go
- Updated to latest AROMA installer, using ICS theme in installer
- Removed GSM Mods: Custom Home and Custom Theme, I don't think they are needed as you can apply them yourself easily, this saves downloading something you don't want.

Version 3.1.0 is in testing, and is using Xperia S applications, some issues are:
Code:
Setup Wizard needs either replacing or resizing
Timescape needs resizing, although I think it looks fine
There is a bug in the smart dialer, the * button, a bit of it doesn't show, this doesn't affect functionality.

If you like my work and you would like to help me save towards a university fund, please donate here: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4344506

If you are a CDMA user, due to old framework, some of the mods I have applied to the GSM version will not work on the CDMA version. If anyone manages to get any of the Xperia S applications running on the CDMA ROM, please tell me which ones, as I don't have a device for myself.
Download for CDMA & GSM 3.0.5: http://darkforestgroup.com/forum/index.php/topic,11307.0.html

Download for 3.1.0 coming soon :)

Screenshots here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23212672&postcount=222#

Regards,

The Darkforest Group Android Development Team - Keiran - Jonny

Last edited:
D

DennisDroid

I still pressed the Thanks-Button for your incredible work mate. Young devs have to be supported :)

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
I still pressed the Thanks-Button for your incredible work mate. Young devs have to be supported :)

The reason I do all this is because we are a small community and Sony Ericsson don't attract big developers such as LeeDrOiD and mike1986, so its easier to get to learn about people here. In the other sections I only have a few friends, here I have many :)

Plus, developing for the R800x is cool because there is nothing better than one upping Verizon lol

Keiran

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

antEris

Apr 27, 2010
The reason I do all this is because we are a small community and Sony Ericsson don't attract big developers such as LeeDrOiD and mike1986, so its easier to get to learn about people here. In the other sections I only have a few friends, here I have many :)

Plus, developing for the R800x is cool because there is nothing better than one upping Verizon lol

Keiran

Keiran, you rock man.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Reactions: KeiranFTW

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Keiran, you rock man.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Thanks,
Going to try to push for an early beta tomorrow for CDMA.
Also going to include options on the aroma Rom installer such as applying themes :)
I already have it set up for GSM, and the script is set up for CDMA, I just need to merge some CDMA files :)

NeWCuLTKiNG

Sep 3, 2009
Upstate New York
CDMA roms are that much different? Only difference is radio right? I don't get why they have to make it so difficult. Good luck hope you cdma guys get to join the fun. Looking forward to dfr3 thanks

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Reactions: ace518

Magnumutz

Jun 5, 2010
Bucharest
www.SSIG.ro
Keiran, i have to say, from a lurker's point of view, you are awesome!
When i first saw the name of the thread i was like "Is he insane? Does he have the time?"
But i'm glad to know that you're not, and you're doing it for both us GSM and CDMA.

Kudos!

Reactions: niekas11

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Just thought I would mention that the only difference between the GSM and CDMA seems to be a few libs and a few build.prop edits :)

WOO! Thanks meter 500! Thanks!

Reactions: Magnumutz

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Okay, so maybe it isn't as simple as I thought. But I am still working on it, and should have something done by today.
Even if I can't get the 2.3.4 ported to the R800x, I can do something else, but thats only if, I probably will be able to do something.
Can someone get me an R800x /system dump?

Reactions: Kysonx
Okay, so maybe it isn't as simple as I thought. But I am still working on it, and should have something done by today.
Even if I can't get the 2.3.4 ported to the R800x, I can do something else, but thats only if, I probably will be able to do something.
Can someone get me an R800x /system dump?

Best possible way to to do this (on your own) is get the original ftf, extract everything from it as a zip, use sin2img to convert the system.sin file to system.img & then use unyaffs to extract the /system folder from the system.img.

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Best possible way to to do this (on your own) is get the original ftf, extract everything from it as a zip, use sin2img to convert the system.sin file to system.img & then use unyaffs to extract the /system folder from the system.img.
cheers.
might have to ship the CDMA version with 2.3.3, because I have been reading around and it has been said that the .145 kernel and rom are the only ones compatible with both GSM and CDMA :(
But still, I can try and get you some stuff for it, if I have to use the .145 as a base.

Keiran

Edit:
Seems that the 2.3.3 verizon stuff isn't quite compatible with the 2.3.4 stuff, either that or I just can't get it right...
Going to try a .145 base android 2.3.3 for the CDMA model, sorry peeps, shouldn't have got your hopes up..
But still, it is another ROM :) Maybe I can make some themes for it too, to help drown your sorrows? :D

Last edited:

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Right, so someone is VERY determined to stop me from even creating a 2.3.3 version, because, I can not find the 2.3.3 R 3.0.1.A.0.145 FTF anywhere....
I was thinking, maybe I could base my version of this ROM on sharks UK rom? Because I am about to do what he did anyway :)

Ideas?

Keiran

Last edited:
Reactions: KeiranFTW

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
I'll get the link for you.
Thanks, but I don't think that shark will mind as long as I state that I used his ROM as a base for the CDMA version, to make up for it I will also add some themes too :)

Edit. nvm, got the FTF now :)

Edit2:
Ooh ****....
crapped up my updater-script and it backed out right in the middle of flashing /system, so I adb shelled and cd'ed into system then did rm -r / , I forgot that / stands for root and not the directory that you are currently in, luckily, I only had my sdcard and my system mounted, my SD needed a good format anyway and I was going to format my sys to install the rom.
thank god for not mounting data partitions :O

Keiran

Last edited:
Thanks, but I don't think that shark will mind as long as I state that I used his ROM as a base for the CDMA version, to make up for it I will also add some themes too :)

Edit. nvm, got the FTF now :)

Keiran

Glad you got it. Shark added a few things to the mix, so a fresh image would be best I think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Darkforest ROM 3.1.0

Turn your R800i into an Xperia S with Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 GSM​

Version 3.1.0 is GSM only and if you install on an R800x you will lose all phone functionality.

Download 3.1.0: http://icxperia.com/keiran/dfr3/DFRGSM3.1.0.zip or via DFR OTA :)

3.1.0 Changelog:
    Code:
    Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 Changelog

- Using 4.0.2.A.0.64 base
    - Xperia S themed by FlamEmo - framework-res.apk, SemcGenericUxpRes.apk, SemcSettings.apk
    - Disabled ALS due to themed Settings app not showing disable auto brigtness option
    - Added Xperia S Applications:
       Alarms
       Browser
       Calculator
       Calendar
       Clock
       Contacts
       Email
       Gallery
       Games & apps (facebook)
       Messaging
       Music & videos (facebook)
       Music Player
       Phone
       Settings
       Setup Guide (needs resizing still)
       Timescape
       Track ID
       Xperia S Live Wallpapers
       Xperia S Themes (work like existing themes)
       Xperia S Widgets
       Xperia S Home
       - Left all stock widgets there (eg. old timescape) incase people still like to use them.
    - Added Xperia ICS Beta Boot Animation
    - Left Update center for people on locked b
    - Added support for New Darkforest OTA application with real updating
    - Added Darkforest Tweak app for tweaking your device on the go
    - Updated to latest AROMA installer, using ICS theme in installer
    - Removed GSM Mods: Custom Home and Custom Theme, I don't think they are needed as you can apply them yourself easily, this saves downloading something you don't want.

Version 3.1.0 is in testing, and is using Xperia S applications, some issues are:
    Code:
    Setup Wizard needs either replacing or resizing
    Timescape needs resizing, although I think it looks fine
    There is a bug in the smart dialer, the * button, a bit of it doesn't show, this doesn't affect functionality.

If you like my work and you would like to help me save towards a university fund, please donate here: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4344506

If you are a CDMA user, due to old framework, some of the mods I have applied to the GSM version will not work on the CDMA version. If anyone manages to get any of the Xperia S applications running on the CDMA ROM, please tell me which ones, as I don't have a device for myself.
    Download for CDMA & GSM 3.0.5: http://darkforestgroup.com/forum/index.php/topic,11307.0.html

Download for 3.1.0 coming soon :)

Screenshots here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23212672&postcount=222#

Regards,

The Darkforest Group Android Development Team - Keiran - Jonny
    Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 GSM Released!

Download and other details on first post!

Keiran
    3.1.0 GSM Update Preview:
    Xperia S Themed (took theme from Arc S theme thread, will find out where and leave credit)
    Added NEW Xperia S timescape, alarms, dialer, home, settings, widgets
    Left old widgets incase people would like to use them
    Added support for NEW DFR OTA app with UPDATE function enabled!
    Some stuff I forgot :)
    ETA is tomorrow :)

About CDMA, I don't have the device for testing, but I will see what I can do :)

Current GSM Look for upcoming update:

52848bdf-3581-358d.jpg

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY

Keiran

I'm not saying I am abandoning this, because I am not, but I am finding less and less time to post here and development time has been cut back too.
    Currently I am at comprehensive school in the UK, and I am doing my GSCE's, and I'm getting worried that I'm spending too much time on here.
    So, I am only probably being able to post releases here, because I don't have the time to post and check two forums each day, so if you have a problem and nobody could help you then drop me a personal message.
    If you urgently need me then you can find me (Keiran) on The Darkforest Group Forums.
    This isn't a goodbye, you will just see me less.
    Hope you don't feel like I am ditching you all,

Keiran