[ROM]v6.6_4.1.2[08/2][Highly Customizable/Smooth/Solid][AROMA]PANDORIAM

Search This thread

unibiggle

Sep 19, 2012
Is this okay to use in the uk? Does it matter as long as it's for the I9305 will it work regardless?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

agirrenorrin

Jan 20, 2011
If you upping a new version i will install it instantly.

Im too tired right now, but i read first posts of the hard swap thread. How much performance gain is this? And what rules apply here for size of the swap partition 1:1 or 2:1 to RAM?
Also which type of SD Card would you suggest, "fast and reliable" would be less info? :)

Or will i find all answers in the siyah kernel thread and should go there?

L335K1

Account currently disabled
Jun 29, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
If you upping a new version i will install it instantly.

Im too tired right now, but i read first posts of the hard swap thread. How much performance gain is this? And what rules apply here for size of the swap partition 1:1 or 2:1 to RAM?
Also which type of SD Card would you suggest, "fast and reliable" would be less info? :)

Or will i find all answers in the siyah kernel thread and should go there?

cant answer abt hardswap as i dont need it, not with 2GB RAM anyways, but the card u want to be looking for is a Sandisk 64GB Class 10

kinmach

May 16, 2012
Awesome. Thanks for contributing to the i9305 community. good Rom. We NEED these. :good:

:eek: Hope the next version can be added

System Languages

Chinese Simplified
Chinese Traditional
Chinese HK
Chinese SG

Thank you for your work!

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
hi buddy

great ROM! nice and smooth

a request

any chance you can implement Aroma installer and have the theme as an option? I'm not too keen on the theme to be honest but the rest of the ROM is awesome

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
As I am just an amatuer i didnt really expect to be creating a rom, and to be honest its taking most of my time now lool My girlfreind starting to get the ****s i am looking at the phone and computer more then her... lol shes jealous hard... I am honestly thinking of giving up on this as this needs lots of looking after and things such as user requests etc, but i will see what i can do about the aroma installer and optional theme. I have taken down the link as I want to implement Yank555's hardswap tweak properly or if i cant i will just remove it.. So stand by it will be up again soon

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Ok what I have done is remove the Hardswap tweak from the rom and added the link to my Hardswap guide so if you wish to have it afterwards it is easily applied, You will not notice much or any difference unless you are HEAVILY HEAVILY and i mean HEAVILYYYYYYYYYYYYY multitasking lol only reason i have it is because i came from my i9300 and i was using it there and i had a linux swap partition on my SD card which i thought i may aswell use instead of re-formatting and re-partioning my sdcard. but hey maybe as bigger applications start coming through it may come in handy which is why i thought it is not going to hurt by having it on there so i may aswell have it lol. I am uploading my rom again now

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Have a look at the change log for the things I have changed but as for samsung firmware I am not too sure but it's around 1 month newer and there must be small adjustments made for the better, the change log number is different. I personally feel it runs abit smoother. Give it ago you don't need to do full wipe unless u feel it's not running smoothly then try ful wipe. Make a nandroid just incase u want to go back.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: MADMAXAKTAU

MADMAXAKTAU

Nov 3, 2010
Kazan
from today available another new firmware XXALJ7;) but I think this is the same what we have because Samsung change list is equal for XXALJ4, XXALJ3 and XXALJ7...also XXALJ7 branded

Reactions: btemtd

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
I won't bother changing unless the change log number is different :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pandoriam-2.jpg

Pandoriam1-2.jpg

Pandoriam3-2_zpsbf85b0bd.jpg

Pandoriam3-3_zps3d7e7dfc.jpg

Pandoriam4_zps62fd3d3a.jpg

ATTENTION USERS I HAVE OFFICIALLY STOPPED THE SUPPORT OF PANDORIAM FOR THE I9305 BUT WILL LEAVE THE LINK UP AND RUNNING I LEFT IT AT A GOOD STAGE THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OFF IS THE AOSP SMS APP, NOT 100% SO BEST TO CHOOSE THE SAMSUNG APP . EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINE.... I AM STILL RUNNING IT IN MY GIRLFREINDS PHONE.

I AM NOW A PROUD NEW OWNER OF THE S4, I may or may not port this rom over will see.

WARNING: You all should know by now the risks of custom android, so please make a nandroid backup before flashing this way you can always flash back to exactly how you had your phone if you dont like it or something goes wrong. I cannot be responsible for any faults that occur with your phone. Here is a guide I made for the people who have just bought there device and wondering what to do, how to get root, how to backup EFS & Imei/NV data, how to make a nandroid. CLICK HERE FOR GUIDE

ATT: This is not my day job as to why it may take longer to reply or release updates, but believe me if I was getting paid I would gladly serve you here and produce much better software by taking the time to learn and expand my knowledge, unfortunately I don't so it has to be done in my own time when ever I have time to spare.

WELCOME TO PANDORIAM
    A ROM for the (Intermediate - Advanced) User who knows EXACTLY what they want.
    This is more for the intermediate to advanced user that knows EXACTLY what they want , there is a TON of customization, my aim for my ROM is to give the user plenty of options to design their own UI from the installation point and give them the tools to do so and most importantly give you a base that is smooth and fast to play with and I think I have done that. It may become frustrating if you are a beginner and do not know what you want ESPECIALLY if your main language is not English, but for the more advanced users that do understand alot this is awesome , you will see what i mean when you start the aroma, Little by little the customization/tweaks and mods may or may not grow but it will definitely change if anything does need to depends on my motivation or how much support I get. Thank You and enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions:

I would recommend using CWM recovery 5.5 as I have had users using the upgraded version 6.0.1.2 and because of some issue with it, it was not wiping the data properly. And caused problems with rom. Not sure if it was just the user or the Cwm so just a precaution,

Steps
    Copy Zip file to internal or external SD card
    Wipe/Data factory reset is a must ifyou 100% dont want any FC. I mean it may work if you dont but to be on the safe side do it.

Install zip from sd card
    And run through the aroma options - Take note : If you make a mistake on an option and want to re-do the installation ,Complete a Wipe/Data reset before doing it!
    Be aware it may take Longer depending what you choose in aroma (It is normal to take several minutes at times)

Take Note: If your ExtSD card is playing up or has a bug or faulty directory or file, this is going to cause problems when installing the rom as many aspect of the rom uses the vrTheme structure, so if you have followed the above instructions EXACTLY aswell as using the 5.5 CWM recovery, and also checking the MD5 Checksum with the file you have downloaded and things are still playing up, Then I recommend you try format your ExtSD card COMPLETELY and then re-install the rom after you have done a Full factory & data wipe. Actually I do not recommend I insist you do this if you want to successfully use the rom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do appreciate and thank anyone that has donated as this does take a lot of my time, so I have to admit if I receive a donation I feel like I am not doing it entirely for nothing and motivates me more. So I welcome it and I thank anyone who has donated.

As Agreed by Pandoriams main users and myself, We agreed that an update is best of to be released every last friday of the month Unless a new version from samsung has been released, recently an update was happening every 2nd day and was basically becoming abit too much work for myself and even the users as they had to keep reflashing the new version. This new idea will be better as it will give me more time to update and I will not burn out as fast.

Whats included?

Update Changelog: 08/02/13

Pandoriam v6.6 [The md5 checksom]:ab5639e9928582dc4be472aa2e67775c

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD 2

Pandoriam v6.6

- Added Pandoriam blue tool icons for motomoto theme
    - Added a lot more android 4.2 keyboard themes
    - Fixed the smiley face list in samsung sms app in jb domination theme
    - Changed the notification panel when you select JB so it shows the original AOSP type
    - Added option again for either the AOSP or Samsung SMS app - AOSP App specially ported from CM 10.1 - Works great!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Changelog: 30/01/13

Pandoriam v6.5

Updated Perseus
    Updated SuperSU
    Updated MotoMoto
    Updated Alexander
    Updated JB theme & changed Settings Pandoriam tools icons to match - thanks Anybuddy
    Fixed SysUI FC in task switcher
    Fixed Contacts FC in JB theme when adding Birthday
    Added More aroma customizable options
    Changed notification panel slightly
    Added more batteries, Toggle styles, Lockscreen clocks & more....
    Removed Stock camera - No point having it. Note 2 is the same but better
    ROM feels more stable & smooth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base is updated to the latest changelist number.
    100% stable and smooth
    Optional MotoMoto Theme JB Domination, Alexander theme Or Stock theme
    The option to have 4x6 HomeScreen & 5x6 AppDrawer & Scrolling Wallpaper, Stock Touchwiz with Scroll or No Scroll & Many more launchers
    Option in settings to choose from 3 different lockscreens:
    • Ink Effect Lock Screen - 16 colours
    • AOSP Lockscreen - 5 Shortcuts
    • Standard Lockscreen

Torch in Lockscreen
    4 way screen rotate
    Replaced the Touch Doink sound and replaced with a simple click (Except For Phone Keypad & Gallery)
    Init.d support and Busybox added
    Zipaligned all *.apk files
    De-odexed /system/framework & /system/app
    Minor Battery & performance tweaks
    Build.Prop tweaks
    Init.D Scripts
    Improved UI
    Volume Keys to skip songs
    Added the option to have touchwiz launcher in landscape mode in homescreen & drawer
    Added Caller Dial button to contacts list next to recepient.
    Enabled Shutter on or Off option in N2 & S3 Cameras.
    Mod - Long Menu Press Kills App (On or Off)
    Optional Permanent Silent Camera or Screenshot sounds
    Optional BootUp sound
    No SMS to MMS Conversion -Thanks for the help Txr33
    Send upto 200 recepients for Messaging -majdinj, Leamoor
    Optional Ext2SDinternal mod
    Home button more responsive, removed Lag - Noticable in touchwiz , Not sure with other launchers
    Design your own UI tweaks in aroma
    Crt Off Effect (On or OFF)
    Option to have Low Battery or High Heat Notification (OFF or ON)
    Added Options to change from normal Network modes. Eg: 2G & 3G or 4G Only or 3G Only even 2G only (PhoneInfo)
    Slightly tranparent notifications pulldown
    OR you can now have your own notification pulldown background with the modded systemUI in this rom. goto www.pandoriam.com for instructions
    De-bloated but with options to install certain Samsung apps
    Rooted with SuperSU
    Optional Kernels - Latest stock kernel & Perseus Kernel (Overclock capabilities/S-tweaks & Better Battery life)
    PopUP browser - Modified (Resizable))
    Smart Rotation(4.1.2)
    MultiWindow Controll + all Apps Mod
    Pandoriam Tools (Intergrated into settings with very useful tools which i find using alot of the times)
    Disable Increasing ringtone
    Extended Reboot menu
    Call recording option whilst on call
    23 toggles
    Rearrange your Notification toggles with New AdvancedS settings
    Some notification icons changed to JB style
    1% Battery Mod
    Optional Music players
    Some optional transparent samsung apps
    Optional ACID Audio or Mega Beats & DSP Manager
    Optional JB Internet Browser 4.2
    Optional Note 2 & JB Keyboard
    Optional Dark apps , like google now,Playstore, YoutubeHD, Google +1
    Optional JB Clock 4.2
    Optional Snote Ported over. Fully functional
    Replaced standard Youtube to Modified YoutubeHD app
    Emoji Keyboard Animations

HEAPS OF AROMA OPTIONS You have options to choose or design >> (Kernels,MusicPlayers,Browsers,Launchers,Themes,Status-bars,Clock Packages, Lockscreen Clocks, LockScreens, battery Icons,Notification bar tweaks, Dialer themes, Multi Window options, Cameras, Galleries, and optional Additional or Samsung apps and more) You also have the choice to add mods in or leave them out.

Rom Information/ tips and news

If you want to use my rom with another theme just choose stock theme and then when the rom is installed just flash the other theme over the top and make sure the theme supports 4.1.2.

-Multi CSC - I am experimenting thanks to Wannam for the data. Although i am finding hard to automatically change the csc over. It can be done manually tho. I have even tried the Playstore app I am able to select the new CSC but on the reboot it doesn't change it, Other devs also having this issue on the I9305 something may have been changed by samsung.

- If you have not completed a FULL Data wipe & factory reset then expect to have random FC. If you don't then consider yourself lucky

- If you have just installed the rom and went through the setup wizard and something doesnt seem to work correctly then reboot the phone manually and see if that fixed the problem before querying.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENHANCED NOTE 2 CAMERA, tweaks & Enhancements

Camera "Unable to start while in a call" Alert Disabled
    Camera "Low Battery" Alert Disabled
    Camera "Can't use flash on low battery" Alert Disabled
    Camera Add Volume keys/power button as a shutter < This is an extra option in settings only if you want to Can still use the normal shutter button
    Camera Enable "Shutter Sound On/Off" permanently
    Camcorder "Can't use flash on low battery" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder "Low Battery" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder Add Power button as a shutter to built in Volume keys < This is an extra option in settings only if you want to Can still use the normal shutter button
    Camcorder Better audio quality/video bitrate
    Video Quality:
    1080p: Normal - 17MBit / Fine - 24MBit / Superfine - 30MBit
    720p: Normal - 9MBit / Fine - 13MBit / Superfine - 17MBit
    Sound Quality:
    192 kbit/s
    48000 KHz

ENHANCED SGS3 CAMERA, tweaks & Enhancements

Camera "Unable to start while in a call" Alert Disabled
    Camera "Low Battery" Alert Disabled
    Camera "Can't use flash on low battery" Alert Disabled
    Camera Power and Volume keys as a shutter (The Power menu will popup as well, but it will take a picture, just wait until it vibrates.)
    Camera Enable "Shutter Sound On/Off" permanently
    Camera "Action shot" shooting mode Volume keys as a shutter
    Camera "Panorama" shooting mode Volume keys as a shutter
    Camera "Timer" shooting mode Volume keys as a shutter
    Camcorder "Unable to record while in a call" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder "Can't use flash on low battery" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder "Low Battery" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder Volume and Power keys as a shutter (The Power menu will popup as well, but it will start recording, just wait until it vibrates.)
    Camcorder Better audio quality/video bitrate
    Video Quality:
    1080p: Normal - 17MBit / Fine - 24MBit / Superfine - 30MBit
    720p: Normal - 9MBit / Fine - 13MBit / Superfine - 17MBit
    Sound Quality:
    192 kbit/s
    48000 KHz

-Known Issue with the 4.2 Cam When In Flash Mode You must Leave your Finger on the shutter button untill the flash happens then let go otherwise it will FC

=======================================================================================================================

FOR EXTRAS, HOW-TOS AND OLDER DOWNLOADS GO TO WWW.PANDORIAM.COM

The Samsung default apps that are in this rom app/drawer, I have obviously left the most used and important applications the ones that say options next to it means you get to choose different styles of that app note there are more apps that you will be able to include if you want you will see when you run through aroma:

Email
    Gmail - Options
    Video Player
    Voice Recorder
    Google Now - Options
    YoutubeHD - Options
    Samsung apps
    S Voice
    Internet Browser with option to change to 4.2
    Camera - Enhanced - Options
    Clock - Options
    Calculator
    Contacts
    Gallery
    MusicPlayer - Options
    My files
    Messaging
    Phone
    S Planner/Calender
    S Memo
    Playstore - options

If you want anything else which is stock added and don't know how to do it yourself just ask most of the apks are in the zip file if you get lost inside and extract te files on your computer then use the search function to find the apk, then you can push it to your phone.

Thanks to AnyBuddy for making this compilement of the battery styles and Status Bar style previews,

BATTERY PREVIEWS

STATUS BAR PREVIEWS

CREDITS

Vertumus - Guys thank this guy for his Pure AOSP Look Theme- JB DOMINATION - https://sites.google.com/site/vertumusworld/
    MotoMoto00 - Thank Him for his awesome blue theme MotoMoto00 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1844756
    Alexander - THanks For the unique Alexander theme bro.. Awesome
    Raubkatze
    Arsaw
    Jarmezrocks
    d4fseeker
    Team Ac!D
    sakaschi
    Tamerian2000
    theos0o
    L33K51
    txr33
    wanam
    Yank555
    Leamoor
    Kazuni
    Prodigies
    Jobnik
    The_ape
    Andreilux
    Lyriquidperfection
    mattiadj
    majdinj

You all have been a great help and have assisted in one way or another. Thank You VERY MUCH

And if i have missed anyone please let me know
    Finallllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyy Got IT !!!!

OMG you dont understand how good this feels haha..... I am even betting this new version will solve the random SystemUI Fc that a few ppl are getting HOPEFULLY, as i have really concentrated on each APK whilst modding and learnt alot more, especially SystemUI Framework-res services and android.policy.. the 4 main files I was extremely carefull with and so far everything is spot on and smooth.

Now Just need to edit 2 more files which should be straight forward, and then ill do some final tests and then release later tonight.. But first I need sleep. Zzzz
    Changlelog v6.0

Updated Firmware
    Updated perseus
    Home button more responsive, removed Lag
    Added the options to change colours of notification date ,time, icons, close button/bar, checkboxes, brightness slider (Checkbox colours will be taken over if JB domination is chosen they will stay (Blue) I do not want to interfere too much with the theme)
    Added the option to have touchwiz launcher in landscape mode in homescreen & drawer
    removed the option for the notification message transparency option.- Reduces mistakes by ppl choosing wrong option and also reduces work load
    changed the directory of some optional apps to go into the user data so that you will be able to update from playstore

Will use for the rest of the day to see if any errors occur, if all well will upload, reason i didnt upload yesterday was because something came up which i had to solve again.

Just to inform you all that I am not going to upgrade to any firmware with the same Changelog number.as this is a waste of time and there is no point. the highest is 746327 which is what I have used and it doesnt matter what number the firmware is, Changelog # is the number to see if there have been any updates.
    Update Changelog: 30/01/13

Pandoriam v6.5 - Tested by 3 members Including myself

Updated Perseus
    Updated SuperSU
    Updated MotoMoto
    Updated Alexander
    Updated JB theme & changed Settings Pandoriam tools icons to match - thanks Anybuddy
    Fixed SysUI FC in task switcher
    Fixed Contacts FC in JB theme when adding Birthday
    Added More aroma customizable options
    Changed notification panel slightly
    Added more batteries, Toggle styles, Lockscreen clocks & more....
    Removed Stock camera - No point having it. Note 2 is the same but better
    ROM feels more stable & smooth

Uploading Now.............. Sleeep time ZZZZzzzzzz