Adverts on xda in the tapatalk app?

Search This thread

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
About an hour ago i logged into xda via tapatalk and was faced with this
arebaqud.jpg
upon opening the post i came across an advert, at the bottom of the advert was a"what's this " button upon clicking it i found myself faced with this
yheramut.jpg
Now is this something that admin are aware of and have allowed or is it something that tapatalk had done off their own backs?

Is the chemical aftertaste the reason why people eat hot dogs, or is it some kind of bonus?
Neil Gaiman

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
Yes. This is very aggravating. Paid for the Tapatalk app yet these adds are in every forum on xda now?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 3493119

Sv: Adverts on xda in the tapatalk app?

Yeah, this is really annoying.

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 2

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
It wouldn't be so bad if it went away after you viewed it, but noooooo... the ****ing thing is always there!

S

-Scratchy-

arebaqud.jpg
upon opening the post i came across an advert, at the bottom of the advert was a"what's this " button upon clicking it i found myself faced with this
yheramut.jpg
Now is this something that admin are aware of and have allowed or is it something that tapatalk had done off their own backs?

Is the chemical aftertaste the reason why people eat hot dogs, or is it some kind of bonus?
Neil Gaiman

I think admins done it. Tried ads on my forum few weeks ago. I got money out of it though. Hehe :D .
I though better on XDA.:(

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
I think admins done it. Tried ads on my forum few weeks ago. I got money out of it though. Hehe :D .
I though better on XDA.:(

Why only tapatalk though, not on the xda app nor forum runner

Neil Gaiman

S

-Scratchy-

Why only tapatalk though, not on the xda app nor forum runner

Neil Gaiman

Isnt it on xda app. It is made from tapatalk source? Not on forum runner because no such services like revenue sharing. Tapatalk however has revenue sharing.

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
Isnt it on xda app. It is made from tapatalk source? Not on forum runner because no such services like revenue sharing. Tapatalk however has revenue sharing.

I have all three, just the tapatalk users are being subjected to ads

Neil Gaiman

TingTingin

Aug 13, 2012
peru
I have all three, just the tapatalk users are being subjected to ads

Neil Gaiman

So wait we pay but still get stuck with ads while freeloaders are ad free :confused:

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Forum runner i don't like it but u can try though

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

Thanks I'll check it out

HAHA...I bet you thought there was gonna be something awesome here, but it's just a regular old signature

GalaxyMOD spilled Anthrax laced ink on my MulitiWindows

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
@jugg1es.. may be we should put it on tapatalk support too?

TingTingin

Aug 13, 2012
peru
Lol hypocritical xda smh
Xda- U can't make money off your work but we can

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so this was all a big misunderstanding. We spoke to TapaTalk. They had an auto opt-in for forum owners to display these ads. We never wanted it on, and we've never gotten paid for it. If we do, we'll donate it to an appropriate charity. I'll take full blame for not noticing and not opting out. There's no reason to blame TapaTalk for this.

We don't like ads in paid apps any more than you guys.

The TapaTalk ads have now, apparently, been turned off. I use the XDA Prem app (of course), so someone please let me know if you keep seeing the ads after a couple hours.

For anyone who buys the XDA Premium app between now and 1PM Eastern, I'll go through later this afternoon and refund your money. Depending on how many buyers there are, it might take me a bit. If you haven't gotten your refund by tomorrow, PM me.
    For those waiting for an official reply: We have nothing to do with the ads in the paid TapaTalk app. We don't make money on them, and we don't want them there. I am going to do my best to yell at them. XDA being available in the Tapatalk app is actually something that *costs* us quite a bit of money as the TT plugin is extremely server intensive. So, we have the server costs and none of the revenue.

The xda app has a free and premium version. Premium has no ads and will never have ads.
    OK, so this was all a big misunderstanding. We spoke to TapaTalk. They had an auto opt-in for forum owners to display these ads. We never wanted it on, and we've never gotten paid for it. If we do, we'll donate it to an appropriate charity. I'll take full blame for not noticing and not opting out. There's no reason to blame TapaTalk for this.

We don't like ads in paid apps any more than you guys.

The TapaTalk ads have now, apparently, been turned off. I use the XDA Prem app (of course), so someone please let me know if you keep seeing the ads after a couple hours.

For anyone who buys the XDA Premium app between now and 1PM Eastern, I'll go through later this afternoon and refund your money. Depending on how many buyers there are, it might take me a bit. If you haven't gotten your refund by tomorrow, PM me.

Again, we apologize for this issue. The ads should be off now, or it'll switch off shortly.
    When I get to the office in a couple hours, I'll figure out a way to get free versions of XDA Premium (ad free) to anyone having this issue with the TT app. Maybe I'll post the apk here for a couple hours or offer refunds for people purchasing over the next 5 hours. Or somthing like that. Stay tuned.
    arebaqud.jpg
    yheramut.jpg

Neil Gaiman