Razr M soft brick

Search This thread

ozeyguy

Jun 18, 2014
So I was trying to flash this rom (Originally from stock 4.2.2)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761322

As I was trying to flash it with RSD lite, the flashed failed. All i got was the splash screen and nothing else. I then downloaded the stock firmware and it failed as well. However, I can still get into the bootloader and my custom recovery TWRP. I have no idea what to do and i'm scared. Is there any way to safely flash my phone back to stock?

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
So I was trying to flash this rom (Originally from stock 4.2.2)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761322

As I was trying to flash it with RSD lite, the flashed failed. All i got was the splash screen and nothing else. I then downloaded the stock firmware and it failed as well. However, I can still get into the bootloader and my custom recovery TWRP. I have no idea what to do and i'm scared. Is there any way to safely flash my phone back to stock?

If you read the OP from that post, you needed to be on 4.4.2 stock. Get the fxz for the stock KK and flash to it and then flash GPE.

Sent from my RAZR M xt907 (KitStalk) using Tapatalk

ozeyguy

Jun 18, 2014
If you read the OP from that post, you needed to be on 4.4.2 stock. Get the fxz for the stock KK and flash to it and then flash GPE.

Sent from my RAZR M xt907 (KitStalk) using Tapatalk

The phone was already on 4.4.2 stock, along with a custom recovery (which was later removed in the process) and an unlocked bootloader. Each time I try to flash the original firmware, RSD lite will give me a sign that tells me that it failed. However, I think downgading RSD to 6.1.4 could have been the solution. When I tried to flash the GPE rom, it actually worked. But i'm having problems with the cellular data and wifi (wont turn on).

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
The phone was already on 4.4.2 stock, along with a custom recovery (which was later removed in the process) and an unlocked bootloader. Each time I try to flash the original firmware, RSD lite will give me a sign that tells me that it failed. However, I think downgading RSD to 6.1.4 could have been the solution. When I tried to flash the GPE rom, it actually worked. But i'm having problems with the cellular data and wifi (wont turn on).

Did you flash to 4.4.2 stock before the new GPE flash? It does not flash the entire system, only the modified files, so it relies on many components being installed, probably including the radio

ozeyguy

Jun 18, 2014
Did you flash to 4.4.2 stock before the new GPE flash? It does not flash the entire system, only the modified files, so it relies on many components being installed, probably including the radio

Haven't tried that yet. But since i'm on stock now, I might give it a go. I successfully restored my device by downgrading RSD to 6.1.4 and following the directions in this site.

http://www.andromods.com/tips-trick...oid-razr-m-xt907-stock-original-firmware.html