~02.03.2012~ 【U8800】 2.3 Official Update 【Latest】

Search This thread

astewart

May 9, 2011
Birkdale
Guys if you wanna wake the screen with volume keys try this.i'm using it with b526 and works like a charm.do a wipe cache and dalvik only and install zip from sd.
All credits go to spirosbond who prepared this for stock rom.
though,i don't know if this works with other beta versions.

http://db.tt/j27BV9qO

Sent from my U8800 using xda premium

Thanks for this I have been searching for a way to do this since I installed official GB. I am on 522 and can only guess that it should work with that as well. I have not rooted after GB install and have only standard recovery (I assume) is this how you did it or is your phone rooted and with other recovery? If i wipe cache/ dalvik cache what do I lose? Is it just app info and APNs etc

Fantastic! As you said works like a charm. Many thanks
By the way I am on Official 522, so works on more than 1 version

mclaudio

Feb 12, 2010
Caldas da Rainha
Hello
i am using latest oficial beta rom for U8800.
i dont understand previous posts...
can anybody explain what should i do to have stable phone without missing call bug? i cannot downgrade :-(

dp42

Apr 2, 2011
Hello
i am using latest oficial beta rom for U8800.
i dont understand previous posts...
can anybody explain what should i do to have stable phone without missing call bug? i cannot downgrade :-(

Essentially, you are at the whim of Huawei. And, as such, you will have to wait until Huawei release an official 2.3.5 version that fixes what should have been fixed in previous versions.

Huawei are just being slack.

spatjoe

Dec 7, 2011
I cannot downgrade because when i put 2.2 rom in dload on sdcard,
the phone boots, i enter flash mode and update starts but after 3 or 4 seconds it says: update failed. i dont know why :-(

now i am stuck with beta version and no way to have ANY stable rom :-(((

Try with the internal sd card.

dream4

Oct 11, 2011
istanbul
@asteward,just thank to spirosbond.he prepared this who is seen frequently on aurora posts.

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
I cannot downgrade because when i put 2.2 rom in dload on sdcard,
the phone boots, i enter flash mode and update starts but after 3 or 4 seconds it says: update failed. i dont know why :-(

now i am stuck with beta version and no way to have ANY stable rom :-(((
Try putting the /dload folder on the internal storage.
Also, pull out your battery and try the flash just running on the charger, no battery in your phone.

Make sure you have a CLEAN sdcard, format it to fat32 using your computer before copying the /dload folder on. There should be no other files or folders on it. I have purchased a second sdcard in order to do this, a good investment.

dream4

Oct 11, 2011
istanbul
B528 can not be rooted so far as i know.try b526 or other betas.they are ok for root operation.

xpandnz

Sep 30, 2011
Auckland
I'm back on this ROM. Wifi tethering issues with MIUI was the most painful experience when you needed to use it. Plus, official is good. Using OC kernel and no issues. Love it

haris2121

Feb 15, 2009
hey guys! i flashed my x5 and now i have the 2.3.5 . i would like to ask how can i make the capacitive buttons last longer before turning off.

dream4

Oct 11, 2011
istanbul
Guys,today so weirdly i lost the 'screenlock sounds' on this official(b526).the thick is ok on lockscreen sounds,and even a reboot is not working.Has anyone experienced this?any solutions for the bug?

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
Anyone can provide a link for the B526? The official Huawei one is giving me an error about Service Unavailable :/

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Anyone can provide a link for the B526? The official Huawei one is giving me an error about Service Unavailable :/

Dammit, the one in the first post of this thread shouldn't have been replaced until we have a way to root B528. There should be both links!!

I'm uploading one into dropbox now, hang on...
Edit: Ahh crap, I don't have it here. Will have to wait till I get home (about 2.5 hours) sorry bro.
I'll check back before I upload in case someone else sorted you out.

Edit 2: I see fjsferreira sorted out out on the other thread..

Last edited:
Reactions: Tcm9669

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
Yes he did.. now it's sitting on my sd card and when I get home, I might update today or tomorrow.

Thanks for trying to help me anyways :)

EDIT: True.. We need good B526 links since B528 is unrootable :/

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
I think iamelton is right. I tried tons of times to download something off their website, I only managed to download something ONCE, it was the HiSuite (after I clicked the link 3 times).. I think they prioritize traffic or something.. which sucks since they sell their devices worldwide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update is up!

Version is : V100R001C00B528G001
    http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDEyNTU=

Upgrade How-to
    It has all languages android have!

This upgrade need to accomplish 1 upgrade package’s upgrade in the one step below, the file name can’t be revised:
    Step1: include UPDATE.APP
    - Prepare a formatted Micro SD card which at least has 512MB available space. Make sure your handset is powered off and then insert the MICRO SD card into the handset.
    - Make a “dload” directory on SD card root directory
    - Copy the “Step 1\ dload\UPDATE.APP” to SD card.
    - Long press volume up + volume down + power button on the handset to startup you device until device into upgrade model, the handset will upgrade and shutdown automatically.
    - After upgrade success , Restart the handset.
    - It will reboot few times.
    - Check the Build number is 100R001C00B528G001 . You can see it in “Settings”->”About Phone”..

Possible bugs!

- When the wifi open and screen is off phone reboots.
    - Some phone gets imei=0 (please backup your imei)
    - Not sure but I have network issues. Sometimes my phone gets "unreachable" state even I have 4 bars.
    - There is a widget problem, "The widget loading problem" after each reboot.
    - On calls your sound is very husky. You can try to solve changing build.prop "ro.config.dualmic=true" to "ro.config.dualmic=false"
    - Some users reported screen lag, freezes and and glicthes.
    - Sound (your sound from calls) not very good.
    - Widgets get "The problem loading widget" on every reboot.
    - Haptic feedback not work on capatitive keys.

Warnings!
    - There is no safe way for downgrading.

Downgrading!
    I go back to cm7 like this;

- Copy B138 dload to internal memory - This is important.
    Power off your phone go to pink screen. Notice: you can't go the pink scren without sd-card. So, after copying dload directory insert sd card.
    - Go to pink screen
    - In pink screen, I replace all the files from my 2.2 backup. (If you don't do that, downgrade not work. Its failed step 2/2)
    - Remove sdcard from phone and start the B138 update like always.
    - After installing phone should open normally.
    - Once your phone open normally, you can install cwm and flash any rom you want it.
    I noticed cwm data backups not works, I don't know why its not worked. Maybe some experience person can explain that to us.

- Please notice, Even if this version worked on my phone, that doesn't mean it will work for you. You can try, I'm not responsoble of anything
    U8800 Gingerbread Upgrade Instructions

Reminder:

1. This software package is applicable to U8800 only, other models include U8800+/U8800Pro cannot use this package. Check your model at "Settings" > "About phone".

2. For the moment there is no official downgrade from Android 2.3 to Android 2.2.

3. Risks included. Flash with care.

1. Items to note
    a) All data (e.g. contact list, sms, mms, etc.) will be wiped during the upgrade process. Do backup your data to external SD card or PC storage.

b) Make sure battery can last for at least 30 minute to ensure complete upgrade process.

2. Functionality description
    This is modified version based on the original Froyo, with the following modifications:

a) Upgraded Android version to Gingerbreak 2.3.5.

b) Added Huawei UI with better usability on top of original Android version to improve user experience.

3. Steps to upgrade

3.1 Instructions to upgrade from Android 2.2.2 to Android 2.3.5

The upgrade requires 2 steps with 2 upgrade packages. All file names must be kept intact:

step 2 includes UPDATE.APP (main package for G version).

step 3 includes UPDATE.APP (operator pack).

3.1.1 Prepare a SD card with at least 512M storage.

3.1.2 Under SD card root directory, create a "dload" directory. Copy "UPDATE.APP" in step 2 to this "dload" directory. Power off the phone, and insert SD card. Press Power + VolumeUp + VolumeDown buttons simultaneously. The phone will upgrade automatically, and switch off when complete. Remove SD card.

3.1.3 Copy "UPDATE.APP" in step 3 into "dload" directory, overwriting the current file with the
    same name. Repeat step 3.1.2.

3.1.4 (non-existent step?!)

3.1.5 When upgrade completes, phone restarts and enters factory status. After initial setup, phone restarts again. Android 2.3.5 upgrade is compelted.

3.1.6 Confirm the version is U8800V100R001C17B517G001 under "Settings" > "About phone"
    Guys i don't understand how you still waste your time with these ****y official releases. Miui, oxygen or cm7 are better, faster and less problematic.
    The only good thing of this **** official release is the cam quality.

Do you think this is argument enough?

Huawei sucks and this is showing their respect hour their clients.
    No client support at all, ****y releases just to throw sand to users eyes. **** them.

Why the corn do you care or even worse why the pear do we have to see your ****? It doesnt mean its not working or worth give a try if it doesnt work for you.

For me its the only one with working wifi, nor cmw miui or oxygen worked that well. While on miui i did get a imei 0 and replaced board already.

So stop giving nonsense advices, stop treating others like a child and do your own business.

Watermelon, I dont get this kinda guys.

Sent from my U8800
    Its not strange at all!!!please please please fellow users of the pHone, start reading the whole threads! Every thread in every section! Stop the off topics please! It seems that there are basic differences in hardware for the same version of the ideos! U8800 atmel or u8800 synaptics. Also there is the u8800-51,u8800PRO and the U8800+

To sum up;this god damn official release works almost flawlessly for the synaptics u8800 devices,if you don't own one of these sell it,change it, throw it to the bin,return it to Huawei headquarters OR STICK TO THE DAMN FROYO AND THE PERFECT FROYO-BASED XDA CUSTOM ROMS!don't care!

Leave this thread clean for all of us ,lucky ones, with the right HardWare to discuss about it! I know it sucks but this is not the 1st time someone makes a bad purchase. Sorry for the long talk ,just tired of having continuous notifications of useless and non-relevant replies.
    Period.

Sent from my shack using mail pigeons.
    Iremise re partakia kai meis poy exoyme atmel u8800 (poy einai idio kinito) kai eimaste kai polloi tha paroyme to poylo dld? asto mpas kai to ftiaksei o kinezos kai xaroyme kai meis

Thats a selfish opinion there are many people with atmel u8800 which is the same phone, not pro or something else. So if it can be fixed this is the right place to comment.
    It seems there are two different touchscreens on u8800. Atmel and Synaptics.
    Atmel touch seems to be problematic with luggy lockscreen and slow response. Also if your phone has atmel you will experience very sensitive touchscreen on the 2.3. official release. The newer releases of ideos x5 with synaptics touch seems to work fine even with the 2.3.5 official. I ve heard you can go with your warranty and have your atmel touchscreen changed for free because its problematic but im not sure if they will do it in greece where i live is there anyone who has done it?