[APP][2.1+][CPU Spy Plus][v0.5.60] CpuSpy Plus by realgpp

Search This thread

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
Hi people, I've dicided to update the app of storm717 (here) with some more features.

Some of those ideas are mine and others have been suggested by other users.
So if you'd like to add something more feel free to comment this post. Or just to say thanks :)
If something doesn't work write it here and I gonna try to fix it :good:
Screenshots of the app in the attachments :cyclops:

[ TO ROM DEVELOPER ] If you would like to include the app in your ROM, do it. No problem at all. The only thing I ask is you write me (PM,email) the link of your ROM. That's all :)

If something doesn't work, before going crazy and cursing me, my suggestions are:
1. clean the app's data from the android application menu and then check if the problem is still there.
2. If it's still there, reinstall the app, clean the app's data and check again.
If the above methods haven't resolved the problem, write it here or send me an meail to cpuspy.realgpp@gmail.com :cool:

Due to the problems in uploading files here :silly:, I'll use my mediafire directory for now on: link to directory :)

GIT HERE
Changelog
0.5.60 download
  • (add) Non-compatible devices: deep sleep info NOW available
  • (add) idle states: more infos (and improved the activity core)
  • (add) idle states: added buttons to refresh, reset and set timers
  • (fix) refresh button won't delete the timer if "cable option" is disabled
  • (fix) other 4 bugs you reported
0.5.54 download

• (fix) bug on changelog
  • (fix) issue on the unplugging event
  • (fix) update languages translation
  • (fix) don't delete settings on updates
  • code lightening
0.5.51 download

• (fix) FC changing UI layout

• (add) root read function of the time in state file (if it exists it'll be read for sure)
  • (add-request) "idle states" infos
  • (add) button long press show quick explanation
  • (add) sending of error reports can be disabled
  • (fix) better spacing of layout buttons
  • (fix) CN and TW strings
  • (fix) FC on some devices
  • (fix) random FC in Settings and Test activity
  • (fix) rare bugs in logging messages

0.5.44 download
  • (add) milliseconds can be showed in the state rows
  • (add) option to show millisecods: Preferences -> Layout Option
  • (add) States percentage: you can now choose the number of digits in floating point
  • (add) option to choose digits: 0, 1 or 2 (Preferences -> Layout Option)
  • (fix) some german strings

v0.5.41 download

• (fix) read of TIME_IN_STATE file for some (unsupported) devices
  • (fix) rare android bug about swipe content on some 2.3.x devices
  • (fix) crash log message in Settings
  • (fix) crash log message in 'CPU Files'
  • (fix) arrow in 'unused states' header

v0.5.37 download

• Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese Language
  • bugfix: 'deep sleep' row with timer setted
  • bugfix: 'set timer' function on some devices
    edit:
  • fixed xda link in preferences

v0.5.34 download

• Swipe gestures: horizontal swipe to show the most used settings
  • Swipe features is disabled by default
  • Added graphical explanation of the new feature usage (only first start)
  • bugfix 'current freq' function for some devices
  • bugfix of 'deep sleep' row with timer setted
  • languages bugfix
  • huge code improvements

v0.5.30 download

• Bugfix of states update on some devices
  • Changelog showed on each new installation
  • Changelog can also be seen through settings

Other changelogs:

0.5.29 Download
  • IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the last changes and to avoid inconsistent-wrong results, all the settings has been reset to their defaults. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Inverted behaviour of 'Deep Sleep" row: now it's activated by default. You can disable it through settings
  • Added option to see the current CPU frequency in the 'CPU Info' tab of main layout: enable it through 'CPU and Kernel' in settings
  • Improved the 'Test App' function

0.5.27 download
  • added german language (thanks to [user_99])
  • deep sleep state disabled by default (will be reversed in the next release)
  • now app can be moved to sd

0.5.26 Download
  • fixed "cable option" in settings
  • fixed italian language

0.5.24 DOWNLOAD
  • Added italian language
  • Added notification alert to send a report in case of error

v0.5.23 Download
  • simplified how the app reads files from file system. this should solve read problems on some devices
  • added activity "App Test", its menu item and an alert when no states are found; the test tries to execute all the file reads necessary to the app
  • Added 'mail 2 developer' option in settings.
  • Added 'XDA forum thread' in settings.
  • little code improvements

v0.5.21
  • Fixed bug on "CPU Files" activity

v0.5.20
  • due to some reports from my friends, all with a stock S2, I've changed how the app update the CPU Infos in the main layout.

v0.5.19 beta Donwload and source code in the attachments
  • Removed the connection related functions (and datas).
  • Changed preferences layout organization.
  • Added option to hide both "Cpu Info" and "Kernel Info" layouts. The hidden information are available through the "Misc Info" option when menu button is pressed.
  • You can now choose the percetage value to hide more states.
  • Changed "Disable cable events" in "Enable cable events"
  • Added remaining audio to preference elements

v0.5.18 beta Donwload HERE
  • fixed random crash related to cable (un)plugging
  • fixed computing the wifi values of timer section
  • added some more messages for a better inspection of the log file

v0.5.17 beta Donwload HERE
  • fixed "information" page crash

v0.5.16 beta Donwload HERE
  • added email contact (cpuspy.realgpp@gmail.com) in the Information page
  • added more log messages to the charger handler
  • each new installation/update the timer and connection variables will be deleted

v0.5.15 beta Download HERE
  • introduced the option that let the app create a logfile
v0.5.14 beta Donwload HERE
  • It's possible to choose in preference the theme with buttons or the orginal one.

v0.5.13 beta Download HERE
  • fixed layout apparence when time_in_state file doesn't exist
  • fixed bug of "memory" lost (thanks to hawkerpaul)
v0.5.12 beta Download HERE
  • fixed behaviour on cable discharging when battery level is equals to 100%
  • fixed disabling of cable events
  • different (dis)enabling option for audio of main and preference layout. Screenshots: 1, 2

v0.5.11 beta
  • Added option in Preference to enable/disable UI sounds
  • Download HERE (today the upload of files doesn't work, at least for me )

v0.5.10 beta Downlaod here.
Screenshots: 1, 2, 3.

• (!) changed the algorithm that reacts to charger (un)plugging (!)
  • restyling of UI: added 4 buttons. See "Information" for a little description of what they do. Removed the corresponding items from menu list.
  • added expandible menu to "Less than 1% usage states" header
  • added ui sounds

v0.5.03 beta
  • fixed wrong warning about connection values
  • added icons for the menu items ( not visibles on ICS ). Screenshot here.
  • smarter "Show/Hide 1% used stats" menu item: show only "Show <1% states" and "Hide <1% states", in respect of the relative option/status
  • all headers are now expandible (coming soon the option in preference to hide them)
  • added, at the bottom of the main layout, the header showing if "Connection Events" are activated
  • For a better understanding:
  • Changed "Disable Cable Events" preference in "Disable Charger Events"
  • Changed "Timer Activating Threshold" in "Minimum battery level for reset"
  • Changed "Cpus Files" in "CPU Files"
v0.5.02 beta

• "All states <1%" can be hidden/shown by clicking the header "Time In State"
  • "All states <1%" can be shown on top or bottom of the bar graph through the setting in the preference.
  • removed submenu of "Less than 1% usage states (i.e. ecc)" because redundant.
  • added link to this thread in the Information View

v0.5.01 beta
  • added "All states <1%" row in the bar graph view indacating the total time of those freqs under the 1% of total usage. It's visible only when states<1% are hided.
  • added minimum cpu infos:
    - "Freq range" shows the min-max freqs values your kenerl support;
    - "Scaling range" shows the min-max freqs your governor is using;
    - "Governor"... well you know, it shows the running governor :D
  • fixed bug of overload connection timer values (at least I hope so)
  • fixed strange reaction to cable events

v0.5.00 beta
  • drop-down arrow on the expandable line headers
  • corrected the "information" strings
  • bugfix about wifi connection timer usage (at least I hope so)
  • Added a warning near connection usage in case of inconsistent values
  • Added a "Show information" in the settings
  • Added a layout "information"

Comulative Previous Changelog
  • added connection usage stats, both "total" and "since reset" ones
  • it's possibile to hide this stats by clicking in the relative black header bar ( for example where it says "Total Statistics" )
  • added 3 more option in the settings menu:
    - Disable Cable Events: if checked (un)plugging the cable doesn't affect the timer
    - Disable Connection Events: if checked the app doesn't store the connection usage
    - Delete Conn Vars: if clicked connection usage stats will be erased
  • removed the "On/Off Listen Batt Events" option menu
  • when phone shutdown/restart timer and connection datas are deleted
  • added confirmation alertbox to the "Delete Connection Datas" preference
  • Removed "Restart" menu option because it's not useful anymore
  • Added the total state time and relative %age of the "less than 1%" freqs
  • It's now possible to choose the min value to activate the timer when a cable is unplugged. If the threshold is 0% the timer is restored anytime the cable is unplugged.
  • when cable is plugged-in the timer is deleted
  • Added "Cpu Files" menu item to see the content of the files: time_in_state and affected_cups.
    If it's say that the two files doesn't exist for the cpu1 it means that the 2nd core has been switched off and the concerning files have been deleted.

Attachments

• cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.02.apk
    132 KB · Views: 1,015
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.03.apk
    135.8 KB · Views: 521
  • Screenshot_2012-07-12-00-13-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-12-00-13-48.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 17,990
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.19.apk
    228.9 KB · Views: 374
  • Settings-Layout_options.jpg
    Settings-Layout_options.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 8,708
  • Informations.jpg
    Informations.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 9,219
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.12.apk
    181.8 KB · Views: 35
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.13.apk
    182.2 KB · Views: 31
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.18.apk
    239.9 KB · Views: 106
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.17.apk
    243.8 KB · Views: 23
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.16.apk
    243.8 KB · Views: 40
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.15.apk
    195 KB · Views: 46
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.14.apk
    183.4 KB · Views: 192
  • cpuspyplus_realgpp_0.5.21.apk
    308.8 KB · Views: 4,267
Last edited:

TheCreat

Jun 15, 2011
First a repost from someone that was said on the original thread: I agree that having an option that (when enabled) turns something OFF is indeed a bit weird (or at least backwards). Having the option to turn it on (or remove the check mark to turn it off) is much more intuitive.

Second I have a few request for the Menu.
Can I assume you're on ICS and therefore don't see any icons in the menu? As you can see in the attached screen shot the icons aren't helping when looking for a certain option. Could you use some that at least vaguely reflect the usage of the entry? There are fitting standard-icons at least for 'refresh'/reload and Settings. I'd suggest a 'list'-like icon for the Cpus File and an eye for the show/hide, but read the next paragraph first.
Also related to the menu is a question of consistency. I understand why the "show/hide 1%" thingy is in the menu (as it was introduced when there were no preferences), but wouldn't it be more consistent now to move it to the preferences? I would also move the option to show the C

I also have a few suggestions for renaming various entries to make it clear what they actually do.
  • "Cable Events" is not very clear as there are quire a few potentially connected cables (including headphones, some have HDMI-Adapters and so on). How about "Charger (dis)connection". Can it even do anything upon plugging it in? If not I'd recommend a plain "Charger disconnection".
  • "Timer activation threshold" doesn't mention in any way what it actually does, even if you include the descriptive text of the entry (it does suggest that once a certain threshold is reached, something happens, which isn't the case, and it doesn't mention to what value the threshold is applied). I think it is the minimum threshold for the "Juice Lost/Time Spent" statistic. How about "Minimum battery level for reset" or something along those lines? Expand upon it in the descriptive line like "If this level was reached while charging, unplugging resets the timer and values for 'juice lost'".
  • "Show/Hide 1% used states" is a bit long (and I can't read the all of it as you can see from the screenshot. In case you don't move it to the preferences, could you make it "Show <1% states" and "Hide <1% states", respectively?
  • "Cpus Files" is also a bit weirdly capitalized. Why not just "CPU Files"? Why the 's' after 'cpu' and why not capitalize the CPU?

I have to say that I'm no entirely sure what the percentages on wifi/mobile are supposed to show. If you want to give the user a rough idea of how much power they used when they were on that is going to be a horribly skewed result, as it doesn't include the display on/off (which is of course the main power drain on pretty much any android phone).

Finally, would you consider combining "CPU Info" and "Kernel Info" in a retractable section called "Device Info" or something similar? After all, those aren't needed by everyone (or needed very rarely in general, like the kernel info) and it would be nice to be able to hide them.

Attachments

• cpuspy-screenshot.png
    cpuspy-screenshot.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 6,427
Last edited:

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
Changelog v0.5.03
  • smarter "Show/Hide 1% used stats" menu item: show only "Show <1% states" and "Hide <1% states", in respect of the relative option/status
  • all headers are now expandible (coming soon the option in preference to hide them)
  • added, at the bottom of the main layout, the header showing if "Connection Events" are activated

First a repost from someone that was said on the original thread: I agree that having an option that (when enabled) turns something OFF is indeed a bit weird (or at least backwards). Having the option to turn it on (or remove the check mark to turn it off) is much more intuitive.
I need time but it can be done.

Second I have a few request for the Menu... etc etc

I also have a few suggestions for renaming various entries to make it clear what they actually do... etc etc

done

I have to say that I'm no entirely sure what the percentages on wifi/mobile are supposed to show. If you want to give the user a rough idea of how much power they used when they were on that is going to be a horribly skewed result, as it doesn't include the display on/off (which is of course the main power drain on pretty much any android phone).
I know but it's better this than nothing at all. at least for now :angel:.
Finally, would you consider combining "CPU Info" and "Kernel Info" in a retractable section called "Device Info" or something similar? After all, those aren't needed by everyone (or needed very rarely in general, like the kernel info) and it would be nice to be able to hide them.

Added in the TODO list, let's say so :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-29-22-02-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-22-02-03.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5,484
  • cpuspy_realgpp_0.5.03.apk
    135.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
I'm still getting problems with these timers not resetting I'm afraid. :( Seems to be very hit or miss if they reset or not.

I think it all needs simplifying:
Have a tick box to reset timers on any charger connect/ disconnect. Don't bother with thresholds. You either want the timers to reset automatically or not, so just keep a single tick box to do all this for you, to set this on/off.

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
I'm still getting problems with these timers not resetting I'm afraid. :( Seems to be very hit or miss if they reset or not.

I think it all needs simplifying:
Have a tick box to reset timers on any charger connect/ disconnect. Don't bother with thresholds. You either want the timers to reset automatically or not, so just keep a single tick box to do all this for you, to set this on/off.

It works for me with the setting in the attached screenshot. I had once in an update or two back where it did not work. I checked and unchecked the two check boxes and that resolved it.

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
I hope you all like the ui changes.
Besides I've changed the algorithm that reacts to charger (un)plugging. I hope it works for everyone now.

Here you are.
Downlaod here.

Changelog

v0.5.10 beta
  • restyling of UI: added 4 buttons. See "Information" for a little description of what they do. Removed the corresponding items from menu list.
  • added ui sounds

Screenshots:

http://i48.tinypic.com/a138so.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/178lf7.png
Meaning of buttons in the Information page :eek:
http://i47.tinypic.com/11tn81i.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people, I've dicided to update the app of storm717 (here) with some more features.

Some of those ideas are mine and others have been suggested by other users.
    So if you'd like to add something more feel free to comment this post. Or just to say thanks :)
    If something doesn't work write it here and I gonna try to fix it :good:
    Screenshots of the app in the attachments :cyclops:

[ TO ROM DEVELOPER ] If you would like to include the app in your ROM, do it. No problem at all. The only thing I ask is you write me (PM,email) the link of your ROM. That's all :)

If something doesn't work, before going crazy and cursing me, my suggestions are:
    1. clean the app's data from the android application menu and then check if the problem is still there.
    2. If it's still there, reinstall the app, clean the app's data and check again.
    If the above methods haven't resolved the problem, write it here or send me an meail to cpuspy.realgpp@gmail.com :cool:

Due to the problems in uploading files here :silly:, I'll use my mediafire directory for now on: link to directory :)

GIT HERE
    Changelog
    0.5.60 download
    • (add) Non-compatible devices: deep sleep info NOW available
    • (add) idle states: more infos (and improved the activity core)
    • (add) idle states: added buttons to refresh, reset and set timers
    • (fix) refresh button won't delete the timer if "cable option" is disabled
    • (fix) other 4 bugs you reported
    0.5.54 download

• (fix) bug on changelog
    • (fix) issue on the unplugging event
    • (fix) update languages translation
    • (fix) don't delete settings on updates
    • code lightening
    0.5.51 download

• (add) root read function of the time in state file (if it exists it'll be read for sure)

0.5.44 download
    • (add) milliseconds can be showed in the state rows
    • (add) option to show millisecods: Preferences -> Layout Option
    • (add) States percentage: you can now choose the number of digits in floating point
    • (add) option to choose digits: 0, 1 or 2 (Preferences -> Layout Option)
    • (fix) some german strings

v0.5.41 download

• (fix) read of TIME_IN_STATE file for some (unsupported) devices
    • (fix) rare android bug about swipe content on some 2.3.x devices
    • (fix) crash log message in Settings
    • (fix) crash log message in 'CPU Files'
    • (fix) arrow in 'unused states' header

v0.5.37 download

• Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese Language
    • bugfix: 'deep sleep' row with timer setted
    • bugfix: 'set timer' function on some devices
      edit:
    • fixed xda link in preferences

v0.5.34 download

• languages bugfix
    • huge code improvements

v0.5.30 download

• Bugfix of states update on some devices
    • Changelog showed on each new installation
    • Changelog can also be seen through settings

Other changelogs:

0.5.29 Download
    • IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the last changes and to avoid inconsistent-wrong results, all the settings has been reset to their defaults. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • Inverted behaviour of 'Deep Sleep" row: now it's activated by default. You can disable it through settings
    • Added option to see the current CPU frequency in the 'CPU Info' tab of main layout: enable it through 'CPU and Kernel' in settings
    • Improved the 'Test App' function

0.5.27 download
    • added german language (thanks to [user_99])
    • deep sleep state disabled by default (will be reversed in the next release)
    • now app can be moved to sd

0.5.26 Download
    • fixed "cable option" in settings
    • fixed italian language

0.5.24 DOWNLOAD
    • Added italian language
    • Added notification alert to send a report in case of error

v0.5.23 Download
    • simplified how the app reads files from file system. this should solve read problems on some devices
    • added activity "App Test", its menu item and an alert when no states are found; the test tries to execute all the file reads necessary to the app
    • Added 'mail 2 developer' option in settings.
    • Added 'XDA forum thread' in settings.
    • little code improvements

v0.5.21
    • Fixed bug on "CPU Files" activity

v0.5.20
    • due to some reports from my friends, all with a stock S2, I've changed how the app update the CPU Infos in the main layout.

v0.5.19 beta Donwload and source code in the attachments
    • Added option to hide both "Cpu Info" and "Kernel Info" layouts. The hidden information are available through the "Misc Info" option when menu button is pressed.

v0.5.18 beta Donwload HERE
    • fixed random crash related to cable (un)plugging
    • fixed computing the wifi values of timer section
    • added some more messages for a better inspection of the log file

v0.5.17 beta Donwload HERE
    • fixed "information" page crash

v0.5.16 beta Donwload HERE
    • added email contact (cpuspy.realgpp@gmail.com) in the Information page
    • added more log messages to the charger handler
    • each new installation/update the timer and connection variables will be deleted

v0.5.15 beta Download HERE
    • introduced the option that let the app create a logfile
    v0.5.14 beta Donwload HERE
    • It's possible to choose in preference the theme with buttons or the orginal one.

v0.5.13 beta Download HERE
    • fixed layout apparence when time_in_state file doesn't exist
    v0.5.12 beta Download HERE
    • fixed behaviour on cable discharging when battery level is equals to 100%
    • fixed disabling of cable events
    • different (dis)enabling option for audio of main and preference layout. Screenshots: 1, 2

v0.5.11 beta
    • Added option in Preference to enable/disable UI sounds
    • Download HERE (today the upload of files doesn't work, at least for me )

v0.5.10 beta Downlaod here.
    Screenshots: 1, 2, 3.

• added ui sounds

v0.5.03 beta
    v0.5.02 beta

• "All states <1%" can be hidden/shown by clicking the header "Time In State"
    • "All states <1%" can be shown on top or bottom of the bar graph through the setting in the preference.
    • removed submenu of "Less than 1% usage states (i.e. ecc)" because redundant.
    • added link to this thread in the Information View

v0.5.01 beta
    • added "All states <1%" row in the bar graph view indacating the total time of those freqs under the 1% of total usage. It's visible only when states<1% are hided.
    • added minimum cpu infos:
      - "Freq range" shows the min-max freqs values your kenerl support;
      - "Scaling range" shows the min-max freqs your governor is using;
      - "Governor"... well you know, it shows the running governor :D
    • fixed bug of overload connection timer values (at least I hope so)
    • fixed strange reaction to cable events

v0.5.00 beta
    • drop-down arrow on the expandable line headers
    • corrected the "information" strings
    • bugfix about wifi connection timer usage (at least I hope so)
    • Added a warning near connection usage in case of inconsistent values
    • Added a "Show information" in the settings
    • Added a layout "information"

Comulative Previous Changelog
    • added connection usage stats, both "total" and "since reset" ones
    • it's possibile to hide this stats by clicking in the relative black header bar ( for example where it says "Total Statistics" )
    • added 3 more option in the settings menu:
      - Disable Cable Events: if checked (un)plugging the cable doesn't affect the timer
      - Disable Connection Events: if checked the app doesn't store the connection usage
      - Delete Conn Vars: if clicked connection usage stats will be erased
    • removed the "On/Off Listen Batt Events" option menu
    • when phone shutdown/restart timer and connection datas are deleted
    • added confirmation alertbox to the "Delete Connection Datas" preference
    • Removed "Restart" menu option because it's not useful anymore
    • Added the total state time and relative %age of the "less than 1%" freqs
    • It's now possible to choose the min value to activate the timer when a cable is unplugged. If the threshold is 0% the timer is restored anytime the cable is unplugged.
    • when cable is plugged-in the timer is deleted
    • Added "Cpu Files" menu item to see the content of the files: time_in_state and affected_cups.
      If it's say that the two files doesn't exist for the cpu1 it means that the 2nd core has been switched off and the concerning files have been deleted.
    Hi everyone, It's been in a while since the last update but here I'm :)
    I've developed everything you suggested, at least what I remember of them :eek: and I think this will be my last update to this app. I hope it works for everyone :fingers-crossed:

v0.5.19 beta Donwload in the attachments. Source code in the first post
    New version 0.5.34

It's been a while guys...

Changelog v0.5.34 download

• languages bugfix
    • huge code improvements
    Last update (v0.5.50)

v0.5.50

v0.5.51 download

v0.5.30 download

• * Bugfix of states update on some devices