Wireless Charging

Search This thread

Mooselips

Dec 20, 2010
I ordered the orb as well. Come to mama! Hope it will arrive before next weekend.

Sent from HTC Droid DNA

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Hope they still have some by Friday when I get paid..wish I could put it on layaway bwahaha

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

Mooselips

Dec 20, 2010
Mine shipped too! What will you see in the pics that you already can't see from the Play Store nice pic of the product? I'm more concerned how it will stay in place, how long, how hot, etc. Hope there will be no problems.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Mine shipped too! What will you see in the pics that you already can't see from the Play Store nice pic of the product? I'm more concerned how it will stay in place, how long, how hot, etc. Hope there will be no problems.

If its will hold our phone w/the magnet

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
If its will hold our phone w/the magnet

Of course it will :) Lovin it!

1jtaxFj.jpg

Reactions: akira751

madAdam6LOVE

Jul 8, 2010
Gilford, NH
DNA sits solid in portrait or landscape. Begins charging on contact. Design is as cool as it looks in the pictures. I highly recommend this!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mooselips

Dec 20, 2010
I can't tell you how fast. But I can tell you that it doesn't get hot like many people here reported with other chargers from Nokia, LG....

I charge mine overnight, but it's not competely dead when it goes, and it's fully charged in the middle of the night.

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
Has anyone had any luck finding a replacement cable for the Nokia DT-900 (fatboy)? I tried talking to their online chat. The guy told me the cable is CA-211 and that it would be sold their their retailer (amazon). I searched Amazon and couldn't find it. Google is pretty useless as every page I find is just the description for the charger (under included in box). I just need the wire, not the whole charger again.

In the mean time, I ordered the Nexus 4 charger. It looks better, props the phone up, and connects via microUSB so if my damn cat eats the wire again I can easily replace it.

bill212

Mar 8, 2013
i was on the fence yesterday about getting it, and picked it up today and i am so glad i did. i especially like how firm of a grip it has. i still think i may pick up the energizer one from amazon so i can have one at home and one at the office

how fast do these charge?? never used one not sure about the $$ to buy one...

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
My phone typically charges from under 5% to 100% in 3 Hours using the USB cord while it takes in around 5 Hours to charge the same amount on my Nokia Wireless Charger. I hope this helps you out, I love my wireless charger but reall only use it at night.

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
The energerizers charger has gotten horrible reviews

Sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Car Dock with Qi charging for DNA...

All, we here at iBOLT have been testing a new and soon-to-be announced car-dock with integrated Qi charging designed for the DNA (and also all other HTC phones). I've been driving around with it today, literally. We'll make sure that a link is posted here in this thread as soon as we can share photos and specs (about a week or so). So far it works very well without case and also with a gel case or a 1-layered hard case. However, when tested with a super heavy case that has both a hard shell then a rubber cover the wireless charging doesn't reach all the way to the phone, or it is very weak. Our concept for this car-dock is to start the car-mode with an NFC tag so you can use the very nice integrated HTC car-mode app or download an after-market solution like CarHome Ultra. Or, you can just program the NFC tag to start your favorite app and connect to Bluetooth (for example).

No MSRP price yet but figure a price similar to a car dock + the charging pad as it's the same components baked into one. We'll do our best to keep it low. A very cool end user experience I must say, just dock the phone with a 1-hand motion and it is charging and it goes into car mode... Stay tuned:)
    I just picked up a wireless charging pad from my VZW store.

I love it!

I can now just set my phone on the nightstand next to the bed and not have to worry about plugging it in.

Thank you HTC for finally making this built in, and not an option!

D

Orb is working great on my DNA even with the diztronic case on it.

I'm thinking of getting one. Which is the best for around $60. Was thinking of getting the one for the n4

I originally purchased the LG charging pad, for my DNA.

It works great, but I was tempted to try out the Nokia vertical charger, which charges your phone while keeping in upright.

I found the Nokia charger at a local AT&T store, and decided to spring for it. Costs about $70.

There are two advantages to the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand, in my opinion, over the LG pad, or other pads.

First, it takes up much less space on your desk or dresser. The pads need to be approximately the size of your cell phone, while the stand only needs room for a base, to hold the phone upright.

2nd, I downloaded Ady Clock from Google Play, a free app, which displays a clock with monthly calendar below it, along with battery level, sunrise/sunset times, and an alarm, all in dark blue against a black backdrop, to minimize battery drain!

This FREE app can be configured so that whenever I place my DNA on the Nokia Charging Stand, the phone launches and displays the Ady Clock clock/calendar! I can also configure it to either remain on indefinitely, or turn off after a limited time period, so that my phone charges more quickly!

While the LG charger works great, and charged my phone fine, my DNA basically just laid flat on my desk while charging! With the Nokia charger, my phone now doubles as a calendar clock and alarm clock while charging!

Whether or not these added benefits are worth the extra, approx. $20, to you, you'll have to decide.

I've been able to charge my DNA with the Diztronic case, as well as the Ballistic case, on both chargers. They're not the fastest chargers, (I placed my DNA on the Nokia tonight, at 7:30pm, with 13% charge, and it's now at 66% charge, over three hours later), but being I generally place my DNA on the charger right before I go to bed, it hasn't really been an issue.

LOVE not having to plug and unplug USB cables! Hope this helps you decide...

accessories-4372a-450x350.png

3L7I6_aeOZckPhPg2FxKpUvSXrT6Rql9S0b5hYCQuwwpnE-_f-T6FjthfseUGMsL6fsU
    Long Term Use

I have read that wireless charging causes the battery to get warmer than corded charging. I wonder since this is a non-replaceable battery will that effect the overall life of the battery. Is anyone else worried about long term use of a charging pad. I love the idea but wonder if it will cause issues later on.