[Q] Upgrading to B125 from B109

Search This thread

JK666

Jan 3, 2014
Hi, I just received my P6 and rooted it using eRoot. I have tried upgrading to B125 (running B109 out the box) by downloading the B125 file, passing it to dload on SD and performing a local upgrade, once the device boots to perform this it immediately says FAIL, and if i select the file manually it says "E:\signature verification failed" any ideas on how to solve this? Am I meant to update to something else inbetween before jumping to B125? (I've downloaded the file twice just to make sure it isn't corrupted or anything). I am a complete noob with this device, used to doing this sort of thing through CWM on my Nexus 7.

I have looked around this forum and seen various answers involving using TWRP first which if I could avoid I'd like to avoid as my aim is to load stock firmware without any of the bloatware that comes with my service provider, I'll leave the CFW stuff like AOSP for my tablet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Hi, I just received my P6 and rooted it using eRoot. I have tried upgrading to B125 (running B109 out the box) by downloading the B125 file, passing it to dload on SD and performing a local upgrade, once the device boots to perform this it immediately says FAIL, and if i select the file manually it says "E:\signature verification failed" any ideas on how to solve this? Am I meant to update to something else inbetween before jumping to B125? (I've downloaded the file twice just to make sure it isn't corrupted or anything). I am a complete noob with this device, used to doing this sort of thing through CWM on my Nexus 7.

I have looked around this forum and seen various answers involving using TWRP first which if I could avoid I'd like to avoid as my aim is to load stock firmware without any of the bloatware that comes with my service provider, I'll leave the CFW stuff like AOSP for my tablet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure you unplugged the usb cable when upgrading. :good:

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro

JK666

Jan 3, 2014
Try to do a MD5 sum check. Probably your download or copying to SD card is corrupted.
Redownload the B125, but worse comes worse, try B118 or B122.

Re-downloaded it and used a proper zip program to unzip the file and it worked!!! So happy :)

Quick question what would you guys recommend I do to get rid of the service provider bloatware that came with my phone because with the upgrade all that stuff still stayed on my device? I tried uninstalling it normally and it just says system application cannot uninstall...

Battery life is a HUGE improvement. Sitting on 40% after 15 hours of abuse. :) Thanks again guys!

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
Re-downloaded it and used a proper zip program to unzip the file and it worked!!! So happy :)

Quick question what would you guys recommend I do to get rid of the service provider bloatware that came with my phone because with the upgrade all that stuff still stayed on my device? I tried uninstalling it normally and it just says system application cannot uninstall...

Battery life is a HUGE improvement. Sitting on 40% after 15 hours of abuse. :) Thanks again guys!

That's great to hear!
BTW to get rid of system apps you do not want, install this. Your phone must be rooted in order for this to work.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp
Tho becareful, don't get rid of vital apps.

If you haven't rooted your phone, head here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2390491

Good luck!