One click root/unroot for galaxys no computer needed

Did this app help you? do you love it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

rei165

Mar 7, 2008
Garden Grove
Confirmed to work. I did run into one problem though. The apk attached in the OP unpacked update.zip to the memory card, but for some reason the recovery image was not able to recognize update.zip file. All I did was make a copy of update.zip to the root of the internal memory and everything worked perfectly. Superuser will installed as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

mattcat03

Jan 5, 2010
This is the Best app ever. You think about it. Bricking is history now and it took me a couple of minutes to root. what more can you ask. You da Man Dawg.

talltexan

May 17, 2009
Looks like it puts the Update.zip on your SD card rather than the internal SD memory. all you have to do is move the update.zip with your file manager to the same directory with Media DCMI Etc.

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
I guess with a vulnerability this dangerous, it becomes a matter of trust. Do we trust that you made an app *just* to root the phone? How do we know the difference between an apk that roots the phone, and an apk that roots it plus installs a malware rootkit?

Not to defame the OP or anything! But us rooters do have to keep our wits about us and assess the level of trust we place in our sources. I would certainly rather trust the consensus of a bunch of technically inclined phone geeks on xda over the consensus of people reviewing a one-click root app on the Market.

And as great as it is (for us) that there is such an easy exploit to root our phones, it also gives us pause to worry that less trustworthy apps may use exactly the same method to execute arbitrary code on our phones. So even if rooting becomes harder in the future, I think on some level we should all hope that Google can close up this hole.

shovelhead83

Nov 3, 2009
is not working for me. i tried copy and paste to dcim. i tried moving to dcim. i tried it just as it dloaded. phone is not recognizing update zip.

I guess with a vulnerability this dangerous, it becomes a matter of trust. Do we trust that you made an app *just* to root the phone? How do we know the difference between an apk that roots the phone, and an apk that roots it plus installs a malware rootkit?

Not to defame the OP or anything! But us rooters do have to keep our wits about us and assess the level of trust we place in our sources. I would certainly rather trust the consensus of a bunch of technically inclined phone geeks on xda over the consensus of people reviewing a one-click root app on the Market.

And as great as it is (for us) that there is such an easy exploit to root our phones, it also gives us pause to worry that less trustworthy apps may use exactly the same method to execute arbitrary code on our phones. So even if rooting becomes harder in the future, I think on some level we should all hope that Google can close up this hole.

Simple answer for you. Dont use it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Q] Need tester for one click root for galaxys no computer needed

Hey,

I just wrote this up.

Thanks to jcase for the information and his root for eris: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=742228

This will root your phone with no button pressing. No need for a PC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptkbiyt99bws3ft/Galaxysrooter_Final.apk

NOTE: The auto-reboot will not work. it seems only system apps can reboot the phone. So for now.

Here is the work around

Code:
    Just power off... Reboot into recovery...
    Hold vol + and vol -
    Hold power
    Wait for vibrant
    Release power
    Reinstall packages

Mirror thanks to jphilpot

Confirmed working! Thanks to themykel.

Thanks to all for bug testing. This should be the final version. No need to use astro or anything to move files.

Thanks!

If you like this app and it helped you. Please donate. http://bit.ly/crSq3B THANKS!
    I gave up guys!
    I tried many ways to root this mobile and its not working!

I downloaded: galaxy rooter, Rom Manager,SGS tools, SuperOneclick,,, nothing worked!

Even I can't have my phone reboot into recovery mode, I used vol + vol - power bottun way, vol+ home power way,,,nothing worked

I have a vibrant and I wish to see it rooted and have a rom!!!!!
    plz help guys!

Saif,

Check your PM
    It's alright, I had suffered a lot trying to figure out how to do everything, this is what helped me in the end, read it and you'll figure everything:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=849028

And I had everything set up, icandy75, thanks for offering help anyway :)
    Good luck