[Q] Htc Sensation stuck on Boot Loop, please help!

Search This thread

jy_ventura

May 27, 2012
Houston!
  • Good. You will now be installing 4ext recovery.
  • After recovery has been installed, reboot to recovery.
  • Select wipe|format.
  • Select format all partitions except SD Card.
  • Then install your ROM.

i got 4ext recovery now. did all the steps, now it goes a little further and it gets stuck at the tmobile screen and doesnt go further any suggestions on what to do now...?

Last edited:

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
i got 4ext recovery now. did all the steps, now it goes a little further and it gets stuck at the tmobile screen and doesnt go further any suggestions on what to do now...?

Try Re-installing firmware from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767
If this doesn't solve it, find the right RUU for yourself and run it.
Guide to RUUs in my signature.
Sometimes, partitions get affected over time due to constant flashing of ROMs.
This can be corrected by flashing RUU.
THERE IS NO NEED TO S ON AFTER RUU INSTALLATION.
JUST BOOT UP YOUR DEVICE.

jy_ventura

May 27, 2012
Houston!
Try Re-installing firmware from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767
If this doesn't solve it, find the right RUU for yourself and run it.
Guide to RUUs in my signature.
Sometimes, partitions get affected over time due to constant flashing of ROMs.
This can be corrected by flashing RUU.
THERE IS NO NEED TO S ON AFTER RUU INSTALLATION.
JUST BOOT UP YOUR DEVICE.

Thank you so much for your help, but this is extremely hard ive been working at this for four nonstop days nothing seems to work when i do the adb my computer doesnt recognize the device im just going to give up

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Thank you so much for your help, but this is extremely hard ive been working at this for four nonstop days nothing seems to work when i do the adb my computer doesnt recognize the device im just going to give up

Well, don't give up!
There's no saying what your problem could be. I've tried to identify everything one step at a time eliminating one possible source of problem at a time.
Now is not the time to give up.
You must follow those steps. One of them will solve your problem for sure!
PS: I know how frustrating it can be. If you want step by step help, come on over to the IRC channel. (signature)

Last edited:

SerRodrick

May 28, 2012
Ljubljana
I found myself in a same sort of conundrum. I rooted Sensation XE without doing S-off and flashed the OrDroid 8.0.0. ROM. It installed OK and when it gets to the first boot, it's stuck at the HTC Sensation and Beats Audio logo.

I updated to ICS via OTA, and so my hboot version was 1.27.0000, therefore I couldn't use Revolutionary. I rooted it with that One X Toolkit.

I am a total n00b and majorly suck at this.

I don't know whether it's bootloop or not. The logos are completely stationary. As far as I know, it should give some sort of a signal that it's booting (logo flash or something).

Ok, after a bit of research I see the firmware could be the problem. If that's the case, I would need to flash the 3.32 firmware by first getting super CID (11111111). My CID at the moment is HTC_032. When I try to get the super CID with the command prompt, I get the following error thing:

... INFOvreg_set: request is duplicated id 14
INFO pyramid_init_sd, SD card power on ok
INFOsdcc_init_memory_device done
INFO[FAT_ERROR] fat_open_file: can not find SMART_IO.CRD
INFO[JAVACARD_ERR] SMART_IO.CRD cann't find

Anyway, at this point I don't actually know what I'm doing. Mind you, I'm S-on. Does it make any sense... what I'm doing at this point?

I'm using CWM recovery (v5.0.2.0), but PC won't recognize the SD card. Its icon is transparent and by clicking on it, it says 'Please insert a disk".

(Pardon my stand-alone thread. I didn't get a reponse there. :eek: )

Last edited:

jy_ventura

May 27, 2012
Houston!
Well, don't give up!
There's no saying what your problem could be. I've tried to identify everything one step at a time eliminating one possible source of problem at a time.
PS: I know how frustrating it can be. If you want step by step help, come on over to the IRC channel. (signature)

after this last push i decided to try it one more time...and i got it! thanks sooooo much my phone is working now and i probably wont be changing roms anymore lol thanks so much for everything

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
after this last push i decided to try it one more time...and i got it! thanks sooooo much my phone is working now and i probably wont be changing roms anymore lol thanks so much for everything

You're welcome.. :)
Please give us a fair chance to help you. We will always come up with solutions or atleast put you in the right direction.

Last edited:

SerRodrick

May 28, 2012
Ljubljana
I hereby thank tinky and kgs1992 for helping me solve my problem above. I needed to switch to 4ext recovery and flash the ROM again. Lesson learned.

Thumbs up for this great community! :D

Reactions: jy_ventura

FGallardo

Mar 31, 2010
Des Moines
I need some help as well.

Please give us a fair chance to help you. We will always come up with solutions or atleast put you in the right direction.

So I have read through this entire post and have researched a few of the tips, but have some questions. When I went into boot load I had the same thing as Ventura, but I installed the update PMG and now I have:

PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.23.35074.07_M2
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.226.000131
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012, 17:33:34

I think I went wrong by not changing to super CID and I tried flashing a new ROM. So my next step should be to install 4EXT Recovery and install a new ROM? Or do I need to change to Super CID?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Felipe

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
So I have read through this entire post and have researched a few of the tips, but have some questions. When I went into boot load I had the same thing as Ventura, but I installed the update PMG and now I have:

HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.23.35074.07_M2
eMMC-boot

I think I went wrong by not changing to super CID and I tried flashing a new ROM. So my next step should be to install 4EXT Recovery and install a new ROM? Or do I need to change to Super CID?

Felipe

nope supercid is not required ...its for flashing firmware and you already did that (now that universal firmware came ..supercid is kinda redundant)

just 4EXT ..backup your current rom form 4EXT ..do a complete wipe from 4EXT ..then flash the ROM

happy flashing :D

nikomo55

Feb 19, 2012
Try using 4ext instead of cwm for recovery. I am not an expert I just had the same problem

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda app-developers app

NunoVeiga

Jun 7, 2013
Povoação
Hello guys,

I need some help and I already apologize for my english.

Well, i tried to install a custom rom on my sensation but i tottaly fail and now he is on constantly boot loop!
I've tried a few metods i found on this forum, I've tried installing some RUU but always failed, can not find the correct version for my version (3.32.168.52 VODAPD18 Portugal...)
I tried this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25587345, i have the recovery installed, he install the ROM but continue with the boot loops.
On fastboot menu i have this:
'UNLOCKED
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.27.0000
eMMc-boot

I appreciate some help...

Thank you guys!

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Hello guys,

I need some help and I already apologize for my english.

Well, i tried to install a custom rom on my sensation but i tottaly fail and now he is on constantly boot loop!
I've tried a few metods i found on this forum, I've tried installing some RUU but always failed, can not find the correct version for my version (3.32.168.52 VODAPD18 Portugal...)
I tried this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25587345, i have the recovery installed, he install the ROM but continue with the boot loops.
On fastboot menu i have this:
'UNLOCKED
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.27.0000
eMMc-boot

I appreciate some help...

Thank you guys!

did you enabled SMARTFLASH before flashing the rom ?

if yes and still bootlooping then
do the extra #1 step from the same guide

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HBOOT-1.27.1100
    RADIO-11.23.35074.07_M2
    eMMC-boot

Felipe

nope supercid is not required ...its for flashing firmware and you already did that (now that universal firmware came ..supercid is kinda redundant)

just 4EXT ..backup your current rom form 4EXT ..do a complete wipe from 4EXT ..then flash the ROM

happy flashing :D

Well, don't give up!
    didn't you super CID? try to super CID...follow fourth step here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300

then get the 3.32 firmware. your CID will be 11111111 so anyone will work for you.

your main problem is the firmware, don't worry :)

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I'm assuming you didn't flash the firmware yet right? The easiest way to flash a firmware is to get super cid (11111111). Go hereand follow step 4. Then you can flash this without worrying. The second link is just to the 3.32 firmware.

lol one minute apart :p :D
    Thanks for reply, I had brought my phone into a htc service center. I reinstalled a ruu GB. My smartphone was rooted, with supercid. I tried to install firmware, I follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767, but I'm not S-OFF. How can i fix?

Eugenio

can you post now your current info?
    fastboot getvar all
    don't show your imei and serial number