[Ask Your Questions Here] Questions And Answers for Desire HD Users

Search This thread

Vessarius

Jul 3, 2011
Just around the corner
Hello,

Can someone tell me of there is any working sense 3.6 ROM for DHD? By working I mean, there is everything working apart from the camera which is only working on ROMs based on original HTC release.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Sent from HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk.

FiltatosV6

Sep 3, 2011
Hello,

Can someone tell me of there is any working sense 3.6 ROM for DHD? By working I mean, there is everything working apart from the camera which is only working on ROMs based on original HTC release.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Sent from HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk.

Try ARHD 7.04. Evrything works except 720 camera to some people, but there is a workaround in the forum.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Vessarius

reddragonfire

Jun 6, 2012
htc desire hd

Hi this is my first post and this was the only place it would let me post,
I have a huge huge problem, i think i stuffed my phone,
Its a htc desire HD,
It was on orange but not simlocked, i was on the process of changing it to a vodaphone when it just sat there on the white htc screen,
The files that i have read about adding to a sd card dont seem to work, it keeps coming up as images not present or no image, and when i try via the recovery set it says apply update from sd card it says invalid operation and then reboots back to htc screen and sits there.
When it goes to hboot screen the laptop makes noises as if its added the usb but nothing happens, im wondering if anybody can help me please, thanks

nctrns

Jun 29, 2011
I'm going to get a Desire HD tomorrow (upgrading from my trusty Desire). What is the easiest method to to s-off and root DHD now? Preferably no android-sdk involved.

SgtdreTheArchangel

Dec 10, 2010
North East Coast
Operating System ???

Okay this maybe a Dumb Q here and I know this phone is running the Android OS, but I was wondering if it is stricktly limited to just the Android OS? And at least this HTC has a removsable battery and the option for a memory card up to 32Gb.

onthegosolutions / htcphonestore has the HTC Desire HD A9192 US for a hefty $$$ but there maybe a better price out there somewhere.

cunone9

Jun 7, 2012
IceColdSandwich - 8,0 - AOKP Problem

Tengo un problema, soy usuario de IceColdSandwich - 8,0 - AOKP Android 4.0.4.

No se por que la conexión de datos no me funciona bien, las aplicaciones cuando dejo el móvil sin usarlo no llegan notificaciones de mensajes de aplicaciones como el GMAIL, Whatsap.... La conexión de datos no funciona.

Lo otro es que no se si es problema de el Gobernador de escala de el rendimiento de la CPU que lo tengo puesto en ondemand... Quería saber otro de todos los que hay para que me funcionara bien y arreglo lo que yo uso el móvil.
Gracias.

In english, but I speak Spanish Sorry

I am IceColdSandwich ROM user - 8.0 - AOKP. Update to this version.
I have 2 problems: I have a HTC Desire HD, and within the CPU performance is not put in the governor of scale, I have put ondemand, but many times the application notifications do not reach me.
The data connection is turned off, and I do not know why.

The other problem is that I do not know what to governor, I want to reach whatsap notifications and spent little battery, as low as possible and to work all right but not using the phone.

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
Okay this maybe a Dumb Q here and I know this phone is running the Android OS, but I was wondering if it is stricktly limited to just the Android OS? And at least this HTC has a removsable battery and the option for a memory card up to 32Gb.

onthegosolutions / htcphonestore has the HTC Desire HD A9192 US for a hefty $$$ but there maybe a better price out there somewhere.

IOS 5, windows phone 7, symbian is nothing compared to android. And would not work good either.

Sent from my DHD.

bosas200

Feb 28, 2012
Šilutė
I have DHD which is updated to GB 2.3.5 sense 3. What i need to do if i want to install custom roms? Can someone give me steps what to do?

nctrns

Jun 29, 2011
Use Advanced Ace Hack Kit. Everything is explained in the manual. Read it carefully in full.
I recommend using Ubuntu live CD to run the hack.

nctrns

Jun 29, 2011
There's always a chance to break the phone, but it's small and the phones are very hard to brick. Just follow the manual and you're going to be fine

bosas200

Feb 28, 2012
Šilutė
AAHC versions is very unclear.Which version is latest? And last question. Does the DHD has auto focusing when taking a video? Or maybe DHD will get it with ICS if it don't have?

jitee62

Jun 16, 2012
Nandroid backup

I have just rooted my DHD and was wondering what you mean by saying, ( do a nandroid backup). Cheers
:confused:

nctrns

Jun 29, 2011
In recovery you can backup the entire phone, it's called a nandroid backup. If you have clockworkmod recovery you can do this from ROM control.

Reactions: jitee62

Kryptonice

Jun 19, 2012
Tiel
I am using a custom rom and can't download all apps that I had before.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is it impossible?
Srry im kinda noob xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread RUU - RUU = ROM Update Utility
    This has been posted in several places, but go to Settings/Language & Keyboard/Select Language. Select English even if already selected. It should stop the FCs

Sent from my abucus
    To answer your question, after clearing all of the contacts then the first time you try to add a contact the phone asks you whether you want to save it as a Google or a Phone contact. If you choose Google then the contact will be synced with your Google account the next time you do a sync. Reversely, if you add a contact to your Google account then it will be added to your phone as well.

However I too like to keep the two separate so I never add a contact as a Google contact. I do the Extract to SD thing (select Phone contacts) and it works fine for me, but I have no Facebook (I even originally rooted my phone so I could remove the app) plus, after rooting I installed a custom ROM and I am now on version 1.84 (stock phones only got up to 1.72 and now HTC has even taken that update down, all new phones can't go over 1.32 without a hack or rooting) so that might be the reason.

However there's yet another way. I am not clear whether it's the HTC Sense system or Google but if you choose to have Google backup your phone (go to settings -> privacy and then tick both options) then the following things will be backed up:

Your wallpaper
    Your ring tones
    Your settings across the Android system (no app-specific settings though)
    The apps you downloaded from the Market (again, just the apps, not their settings).
    and your Contacts.

These things are saved every time you do a full sync.

After hard resetting when the setup wizard asks you to, connect to the internet, add in your Google and your HTC account and then there's a screen where it asks you whether you want to allow Google you back up your settings. If you allow the phone and if you don't do ANYTHING with the phone that affects ANY of the above (like accessing the market or manually changing a setting, just don't use it at all just to be sure) then as soon as it connects to the internet you will see all of the above being restored.

I have installed various ROMs at least a dozen times by now and the one thing that makes it so easy is that I don't have to do all of the above every time I do so.
    I still keep a backup of my contacts just to be sure though.
    SD Maid may be able to help you.
    How can I delete the contact backup from the SD?
    I recovered them after a phone hard reset and they seem to be muddled up. They are not more that 30 so I would like to register the contacts again and have a new backup.
    Hey, the backup on the SD is a simple vcf file (e.g. pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf) in the SDs "root" (the beginning of the SD, nothing to do with rooting the phone).
    All you need to do is put the SD in a PC and delete it or, download a file manager from the Market (I like ES File Manager) and delete from there.

Now, as to how to delete the current phone book, go to People (Πρόσωπα) press the Menu button, choose Delete (Διαγραφή), again press menu to close the keyboard and open another selection and then click choose all (Επιλογή όλων). Finally hit Delete (Διαγραφή) to delete all of the old phone book.

CheerS!