[Q] Update from JB to Kitkat?

Search This thread

furiify

Oct 22, 2012
Hey,

So, I was using 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) for a very long time but now I want to update to 4.4.2 (Kitkat).
But I am not sure, how to do it correctly.

I've tried it by my own but all I got now, is that the phone gets stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S3"-Bootscreen.
What I did :

-Update CWM
-Reset (factory/system, cache and dalvik)
-Flash 4.4.2 CM11 rom (tried crSimple, Archidroid and the original CM11)

Is there something else I have to do, to get 4.4.2? Like unroot and install stock rom?

By the way; My phone is already rooted and I had the null_ (v26) Rom on it.

Sorry if a post like this already exists. I used the searchfunction but I found nothing and even google didn't help me :(

I appreciate every kind of help, ty :)

regards,
furi

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Hey,

So, I was using 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) for a very long time but now I want to update to 4.4.2 (Kitkat).
But I am not sure, how to do it correctly.

I've tried it by my own but all I got now, is that the phone gets stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S3"-Bootscreen.
What I did :

-Update CWM
-Reset (factory/system, cache and dalvik)
-Flash 4.4.2 CM11 rom (tried crSimple, Archidroid and the original CM11)

Is there something else I have to do, to get 4.4.2? Like unroot and install stock rom?

By the way; My phone is already rooted and I had the null_ (v26) Rom on it.

Sorry if a post like this already exists. I used the searchfunction but I found nothing and even google didn't help me :(

I appreciate every kind of help, ty :)

regards,
furi
Download and flash latest philz recovery (6.15.4), and try again: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/i9300

Btw- you should also flash Gapps package (if you want to use Google Play) after flashing the rom

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Tried it, but it doesn't work :crying: :crying: :crying:
I am out of ideas :(

Try to do a full wipe (including formatting your internal SD, system and preload, and try again. If it doesn't help, flash stock ROM using Odin, flash recovery and repeat

furiify

Oct 22, 2012
Try to do a full wipe (including formatting your internal SD, system and preload, and try again. If it doesn't help, flash stock ROM using Odin, flash recovery and repeat

I made a full wipe, but it didn't help. (Error formatting /preload)
I've got a new problem now. Since I've tried to install different roms, my phone doesn't seem to factory reset anymore.
As soon as I want to reset (or flash anything), the phone just shuts down..

Trying a stock rom now, if my pc will connect with my phone (Always had problems with this..)

E: Okay, now it made a REAL full wipe and I can flash again. ^^ Going to try it one more time, if it doesn't work I will go from a stock rom.
E²: IT WORKED! Wuhu *o* Thanks so much! :) formatting seems to fix the problem ^^

Last edited: