[APP] Supreme Shortcuts - 2012-01-05 - Version 2.2.3 - French Language Fix + more

Search This thread

MJCS

The Supreme Start Menu customization tool!

This application allows you to create and customize shortcuts (tiles) for 71 stock settings/menus/apps. A special thank you goes out to all of you on XDA Developers who helped and encouraged me to develop this application.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Please do not ask for items to be added.
I am already working on adding a bunch of new things/features to add :)

Download Count:
As of 2012-01-04 (2.2.1 and prior) - 5,478 downloads

Shortcuts So Far
Supported Languages/Locale
About, Account Setup, Airplane Mode, Alarms, Albums, All Photos, Background Services, Battery Saver, Bluetooth, Brightness, Calculator, Calendar, Calling, Camera, Camera Settings, Cellular, Compose Message, Date & Time, Documents, Ease Of Access, Email & Accounts, Email Compose, Excel, Feedback, Find My Phone, Gamer Profile, Games, Games control Panel, Help and How To, IE settings, Internet Explorer, Internet Sharing, Keyboard, Live ID Setup, Local Documents, Location, Lock & Wallpaper, Maps, Maps Settings, Marketplace, Me, Messaging, Nearby Places, New SMS, New Tab, Office, Office Settings, OneNote, People Settings, Phone Settings, Phone Update, Photo Picker, Photo Viewer, Photos, Picture Favorites, Post a Message, PowerPoint, Presence Picker, Region & Language, Ringtones & Sounds, Search Settings, Search Home, Settings, SMS Settings, Speech, Tabs Center, Themes, Video Picker, Watson, Wi-Fi, Word, Zune

• en-US (English)
  • fr-FR (French)
  • da-DK (Danish)
  • de-DE (German)
  • it-IT (Italian)
  • zh-CN (Chinese)

If you would like to see your language added please download the attached xlsx file and edit BOTH pages and then attach it to a reply in this post. Please include the ISO locale code such as en-US, fr-FR, etc when posting. You may also submit corrections this way as well. Please do not leave any field blank/empty or I will end up using Microsoft's Translator to do my evil bidding. When I add new items I will just keep everything in English for the mean time. It is up to you guys and gals (the community) to update the files. :)

Troubleshooting
  • App will not open: first restart your phone...if that does not work then uninstall and reinstall
  • Task Result Error (Unable to open image selection screen): You cannot have your phone connected to Zune in order to use the image selection screen. This is a limitation of the OS so just unplug your phone from the computer :).
  • Navigation Failure: Try, try again.
  • Unhandled Exception: Stop breaking my application...just kidding. Reply to this threa with the full exception message you get and as much information on how you got the error
  • Everything else: Same as above :)

Change Log:
Version 2.2.3 - 2012-01-05
  • Removed all translations for Application Bar as there is no easy way to localize them. It isn't hard to figure out what the buttons do :).

Version 2.2.2 - 2012-01-04
  • Fixed critical crash bug for French users
  • Boosted application performance again
  • Added additional localization of application
  • Updated translation file. Please update :)

Version 2.2.1 - 2012-01-03
  • Fixed icons not pinning to the start menu if you did not modify the tile at all
  • Boosted application performance
  • Reticulated splines

Version 2.2.0 - 2012-01-03
  • Fixed error on adding a new single icon or background
  • The sliced up backgrounds now have the correct date/timestamp in the isolated storage (old images will not be touched)
  • Added crop selection to the multitile window
  • Added option to select a new image if you didn't like the cropped selection the first time
  • Added option to upload png’s, jpg’s or zip files
  • Fixed tiles on the main page not loading their custom icons and backgrounds from isolated storage.

Version 2.1.0 - 2012-01-02
  • Added new multi tile cropper :)
  • Added ability to delete custom icons and backgrounds
  • Suppressed 'Error: -2147220990'
  • Fixed Bricked tile when pressing back button from the edit, icon, and backgrounds screens without making any changes
  • Unchecking the tile on the main page no longer launches the edit screen
  • Fixed scrolling issue on custom image page
  • Removed remaining hardcoded tile names

2011 December 31 (2.0)
  • Major UI overhaul
  • Ability to select: Accent Color (both stock and custom), Library of stock Icons, Library of your own Icons, Library of stock Backgrounds, Library of customized Backgrounds

Coming soon (Do not ask when):
  • Back tiles :)
  • Ability to change the font, color, and size of the Tile Title (say that 10 time fast)
  • Ability to have multiple tiles that launch the same task. This would be for launching Websites for example. You will get the option to type an address if you want.
  • Option to Do things that the API can do such as call a person, e-mail a person, etc.
  • Blank tiles that do absolutely nothing :p
  • More "stock" icons
  • Some UI changes
  • Option to select from applications that are from the APP store :)
  • Maybe a neat feature for those that donate.
  • I’m also working on launching shortcuts without having to launch Supreme Shortcuts first (though this might not work).
  • Device specific utilities such as the Dell Engineering Mode, Samsung Diagnostics screen, etc.

Attachments

• Visuals.jpg
    Visuals.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 589
  • TileCrop.jpg
    TileCrop.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Finally!!!! Internet sharing shortcut! Thank you! :D

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

starsoccer9

Jun 8, 2009
I havent tried this out but I was wondering when you press on wifi does it disable it right away or does it just bring you to the setting page

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Thanks for this app !

I found a small bug:

If you launch the search settings page the Wifi page appears.

=> probably you used the wrong GUID.

Is it possible to share the source code ?

Regards

contable

Reactions: poloche

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
Hi MJCS,

Can you add a shortcut for "Internet Explorer" please ??
I want to custom tile of Internet Explorer and we can't because it's an application system !!!
If you create a shortcut, we can custom tile of this shortcut and pin it to the home ... :)

Your application it's a way to custom Tile of System application !!!! ... All peoples are waiting for it :)

Thankx,

Poloche

Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Could you add the attached shortcut (works only on Samsung devices) to your app ?

Attachments

• SimSettings.xap
    417.1 KB · Views: 101

contable

Oct 25, 2009
I think smaller icons fit better to the system icons but this is just a question of personal taste. The package only include the icons you can see on the screenshot.

For my personal use I also changed SplashScreenImage to black...

Attachments

• Icons_small.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Localhorst86

Phone Titan

Oct 20, 2010
This works wonders =]

I have posted about it [APP] Supreme Shortcuts.

Do you have a video demo of the application working on a phone or would you like for me to create one?

Also are you going to be making any other useful homebrew applications for Windows Phone? =]

Thanks @wphomebrew

MJCS

In the next version I will be making it so you can access the 32 or so Stock applications. I will NOT be adding options to run 3rd party or OEM applications. I will also be adding the option to set the icon of all the apps within the application itself.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
How about adding the possibility to enter a custom GUID and icon-name ? So the user will be able to pin whatever he wants if he knows the GUID....

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

snifirst

Feb 28, 2010
www.youtube.com
Hi !
Very good app ! Thanks for it :)
It's very usefull !

It will be cool if French language will in the other release .
I can send you French translation for the app , tell me if you want ... ;)

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
How about adding the possibility to enter a custom GUID and icon-name ? So the user will be able to pin whatever he wants if he knows the GUID....

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

+1 !!!!

If the user can choose all GUID Marketplace, Homebrew and Applications System, your apps will be the first "CUSTOM Tile" with Mango !!! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Supreme Start Menu customization tool!

This application allows you to create and customize shortcuts (tiles) for 71 stock settings/menus/apps. A special thank you goes out to all of you on XDA Developers who helped and encouraged me to develop this application.
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Please do not ask for items to be added.
    I am already working on adding a bunch of new things/features to add :)

Download Count:
    As of 2012-01-04 (2.2.1 and prior) - 5,478 downloads

Shortcuts So Far
    About, Account Setup, Airplane Mode, Alarms, Albums, All Photos, Background Services, Battery Saver, Bluetooth, Brightness, Calculator, Calendar, Calling, Camera, Camera Settings, Cellular, Compose Message, Date & Time, Documents, Ease Of Access, Email & Accounts, Email Compose, Excel, Feedback, Find My Phone, Gamer Profile, Games, Games control Panel, Help and How To, IE settings, Internet Explorer, Internet Sharing, Keyboard, Live ID Setup, Local Documents, Location, Lock & Wallpaper, Maps, Maps Settings, Marketplace, Me, Messaging, Nearby Places, New SMS, New Tab, Office, Office Settings, OneNote, People Settings, Phone Settings, Phone Update, Photo Picker, Photo Viewer, Photos, Picture Favorites, Post a Message, PowerPoint, Presence Picker, Region & Language, Ringtones & Sounds, Search Settings, Search Home, Settings, SMS Settings, Speech, Tabs Center, Themes, Video Picker, Watson, Wi-Fi, Word, Zune

• en-US (English)
    • fr-FR (French)
    • da-DK (Danish)
    • de-DE (German)
    • it-IT (Italian)
    • zh-CN (Chinese)

If you would like to see your language added please download the attached xlsx file and edit BOTH pages and then attach it to a reply in this post. Please include the ISO locale code such as en-US, fr-FR, etc when posting. You may also submit corrections this way as well. Please do not leave any field blank/empty or I will end up using Microsoft's Translator to do my evil bidding. When I add new items I will just keep everything in English for the mean time. It is up to you guys and gals (the community) to update the files. :)

Troubleshooting
    • App will not open: first restart your phone...if that does not work then uninstall and reinstall
    • Task Result Error (Unable to open image selection screen): You cannot have your phone connected to Zune in order to use the image selection screen. This is a limitation of the OS so just unplug your phone from the computer :).
    • Navigation Failure: Try, try again.
    • Unhandled Exception: Stop breaking my application...just kidding. Reply to this threa with the full exception message you get and as much information on how you got the error
    • Everything else: Same as above :)

Change Log:
    Version 2.2.3 - 2012-01-05
    • Removed all translations for Application Bar as there is no easy way to localize them. It isn't hard to figure out what the buttons do :).

Version 2.2.2 - 2012-01-04
    • Fixed critical crash bug for French users
    • Boosted application performance again
    • Added additional localization of application
    • Updated translation file. Please update :)

Version 2.2.1 - 2012-01-03
    • Fixed icons not pinning to the start menu if you did not modify the tile at all
    • Boosted application performance
    • Reticulated splines

Version 2.2.0 - 2012-01-03
    • Fixed error on adding a new single icon or background
    • The sliced up backgrounds now have the correct date/timestamp in the isolated storage (old images will not be touched)
    • Added crop selection to the multitile window
    • Added option to select a new image if you didn't like the cropped selection the first time
    • Added option to upload png’s, jpg’s or zip files
    • Fixed tiles on the main page not loading their custom icons and backgrounds from isolated storage.

Version 2.1.0 - 2012-01-02
    • Added new multi tile cropper :)
    • Added ability to delete custom icons and backgrounds
    • Suppressed 'Error: -2147220990'
    • Fixed Bricked tile when pressing back button from the edit, icon, and backgrounds screens without making any changes
    • Unchecking the tile on the main page no longer launches the edit screen
    • Fixed scrolling issue on custom image page
    • Removed remaining hardcoded tile names

2011 December 31 (2.0)
    • Major UI overhaul
    • Ability to select: Accent Color (both stock and custom), Library of stock Icons, Library of your own Icons, Library of stock Backgrounds, Library of customized Backgrounds

Coming soon (Do not ask when):
    • Back tiles :)
    • Ability to change the font, color, and size of the Tile Title (say that 10 time fast)
    • Ability to have multiple tiles that launch the same task. This would be for launching Websites for example. You will get the option to type an address if you want.
    • Option to Do things that the API can do such as call a person, e-mail a person, etc.
    • Blank tiles that do absolutely nothing :p
    • More "stock" icons
    • Some UI changes
    • Option to select from applications that are from the APP store :)
    • Maybe a neat feature for those that donate.
    • I’m also working on launching shortcuts without having to launch Supreme Shortcuts first (though this might not work).
    • Device specific utilities such as the Dell Engineering Mode, Samsung Diagnostics screen, etc.
    I figured out the following:
    Battery Saver :)
    Easy of Access
    Themes
    Sounds and Ringtones
    Regional
    Alarms
    XBox Live :)
    Phone Settings
    Word
    Excel
    OneNote
    OfficeHub
    People Settings

I will now be adding the other features. Expect a new version by the end of the week :).
    List out the fixes you would like to see.

For the next version I will be doing this:
    • Capital Letters on names
    • French Language Support
    • More of the stock applications (still trying to figure out how to get office to launch in new document mode)
    • Select your own icon :)
    • Set your own text (or remove the text if you wish).
    Fixed. Download 1.4.5.
    I should be able to get the next version release sometime in the next 24 hours. This version will contain 40-50 or so shortcuts. If you don't like the icons you will have to manually replace them. In the version after said release I will add a way to select the icon for each as well as add your own GUID's.