[Q] RenovatePLUS rom help! + kernel/etc questions

Search This thread

SwtVengeance

Feb 18, 2013
Hi guys I have just flashed this ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1705334) however it is not the renovatePLUS version, how do I flash with the PLUS version, need it since it has mods and tweaks which I will need, auto-inverted rotating screen is driving me nuts!
FYI: I downloaded the plus zip but I dont know what to do with it, do I just extract into my phone? Because that did not work.

Also, I saw this guy, username(csec) with this signature (Phone: Renovated Endeavoru, F4, XM-Kernel #296 (Most fantastic combo in my entire experience with HOX)). I want to use have those thing stated, already have Renovate(will flash PLUS once I know how), and there is F4, anyone knows what that is? and finally XM-Kernel #296, which I believe is this (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136731), can anyone please confirm is that is a similar one that I can use? Sorry for asking so many question, I finally decided to go deeper with flashing kernels and stuff and I require some professional advice, so please help! Thank you!

ExoticMe

Aug 14, 2012
Riyadh
Hi guys I have just flashed this ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1705334) however it is not the renovatePLUS version, how do I flash with the PLUS version, need it since it has mods and tweaks which I will need, auto-inverted rotating screen is driving me nuts!
FYI: I downloaded the plus zip but I dont know what to do with it, do I just extract into my phone? Because that did not work.

Also, I saw this guy, username(csec) with this signature (Phone: Renovated Endeavoru, F4, XM-Kernel #296 (Most fantastic combo in my entire experience with HOX)). I want to use have those thing stated, already have Renovate(will flash PLUS once I know how), and there is F4, anyone knows what that is? and finally XM-Kernel #296, which I believe is this (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136731), can anyone please confirm is that is a similar one that I can use? Sorry for asking so many question, I finally decided to go deeper with flashing kernels and stuff and I require some professional advice, so please help! Thank you!

if u read the thread it will answer all ur Questions

flash the Renovate Plus through recovery <<< in the rom thread:rolleyes:

if u want a banner with renovate check its thread

F4 stands for final 4

my advice gain some experience before flashing kernels u may brick ur device!

if u dont know what u are doing

Last edited:
Reactions: SwtVengeance

SwtVengeance

Feb 18, 2013
Thanks!

It doesnt seem to state on that thread that I have to do it through recovery. But thanks anyway!
For kernels I have one more question. Can I just use the kernel as provided? Of course checking that it is meant for my device 1st. Because there seems to be this confusing thing called repacking...

ExoticMe

Aug 14, 2012
Riyadh
It doesnt seem to state on that thread that I have to do it through recovery. But thanks anyway!
For kernels I have one more question. Can I just use the kernel as provided? Of course checking that it is meant for my device 1st. Because there seems to be this confusing thing called repacking...

I RUINED my device before with kernels i didn't know how to use them and obviously i bricked my device so please dont try anything unless u gain experience

Repacking is like making peanut and jam sandwich its like making the kernel work with ur rom if u are using renovate u dont need to repack for XM kernels :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
If there are no Ramdisc tweaks in the ROM, you don't need to repack the kernel... Mostly kernel repacking isn't needed for Sense roms... So you just have to flash the boot.img from the kernel's zip and then flash the modules from recovery...

AOSP/AOKP Roms need kernel repack each and every time before flashing!

ExoticMe

Aug 14, 2012
Riyadh
If there are no Ramdisc tweaks in the ROM, you don't need to repack the kernel... Mostly kernel repacking isn't needed for Sense roms... So you just have to flash the boot.img from the kernel's zip and then flash the modules from recovery...

Sense roms these days are a lot so i suggest repacking as it will not do any harm!

SwtVengeance

Feb 18, 2013
Help once more!

Hi, so after researching a little bit more, I decided change my kernel to the XM kernel(original non-repacked), tried it for a few days, noticed that it response quite slowly compared to default kernel, things like slow display of lock screen upon power on, less smooth transition when. Could I have done it wrongly? Other than the slow response everything else seems fine, I noticed one of the features is S2W, I tried that on my buttons and it worked, however fast charge usb and usb mass storage isnt working, is there somewhere I can enable it or do you have an idea where I can find a guide for XM kernels that describes its features and functionality? Sorry for asking so many questions, thank you!

M@c|-|oR

Sep 4, 2012
Belgrade
HTC One X
HTC Desire
You have rather detailed instruction how to deal with fast charge and USB mass storage in XMister's thread (first one or two posts).
I suggest you install some of the kernel manageent applications:
- trickster MOD
- Set CPU
... There are many. Choose one that fits you (I am personally using Trickster).
There you will be able to play with your governors and scheduler, and thus achieve better performance or battery life. Or both. Check Q&A, there are few very educative threads about it.
You seem to be on a good way. Keep reading.
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if u read the thread it will answer all ur Questions

if u want a banner with renovate check its thread

F4 stands for final 4

my advice gain some experience before flashing kernels u may brick ur device!

if u dont know what u are doing

I RUINED my device before with kernels i didn't know how to use them and obviously i bricked my device so please dont try anything unless u gain experience

Repacking is like making peanut and jam sandwich its like making the kernel work with ur rom if u are using renovate u dont need to repack for XM kernels :)