No Voice After Picking Up Incoming Call

Search This thread

tetracw

Dec 23, 2007
I've had my HTC M8 H/K edition on Sprint 1 week now. I dont get a lot of calls, but I just realized my phone has a problem answering calls. The phone rings. When I answer the call, it picks up, and then there's just silence. No audio in or out. The caller hears nothing; I hear nothing. There is no problem when i make outgoing calls, just answering incoming calls. Anyone else heard of this issue?

I should add. Stock Rom, Unlocked Bootloader, Root, S-On

Last edited:

tetracw

Dec 23, 2007
Here's an update -- It seems to be a problem with Google Voice. I read in another post that google talk installed on a PC might contribute to the problem as it is delivering the call to the app first. I removed google voice from my phone, and then reboot. Issue is gone, we'll see what happens when i reinstall google voice.

pm.mohanani@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2013
Sangli
I've had my HTC M8 H/K edition on Sprint 1 week now. I dont get a lot of calls, but I just realized my phone has a problem answering calls. The phone rings. When I answer the call, it picks up, and then there's just silence. No audio in or out. The caller hears nothing; I hear nothing. There is no problem when i make outgoing calls, just answering incoming calls. Anyone else heard of this issue?

I should add. Stock Rom, Unlocked Bootloader, Root, S-On

Same here with me...
what should be done..
?

tetracw

Dec 23, 2007
So I narrowed down the issue a bit further. It has to do with whether or not I'm on LTE. I still think Google voice might be interfering. But something is different with how the call is delivered when i'm on LTE. When I set my phone to CDMA only, the call rings, i answer it and everything is fine. When i turn back on LTE. The call rings, i answer it and it's dead air. No voice in or out. Really weird.

Other things I've tried. Wifi Off/On, no difference. Signed out of my google/gvoice accounts. I also disabled the feature to deliver calls to Google talk/hangouts. Maybe it takes a while for the settings to take effect.

wegged

Dec 11, 2006
I have the same issue completely stock HTC one with latest OTA updates and Google Voice I can only receive phone calls when I am on CDMA doesnt work on WIFI or 4G.