|EXCA|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM Series 1.0 21048 - HTC Snap based ROM ** || Build 52409 |

Search This thread

blackshin0bi

Aug 15, 2008
This is one of the nicest looking rom's I've ever seen on here. I love the icons and layout... can't wait til this is a finished product! Keep up the great work :)

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Couple of follow-ups for you guys (since I don't have my phone to test myself)... was anyone able to see if the Resco Explorer files I posted in post #43, along with the registry edits, led to a working Resco Explorer?

Also, does today's release of the ROM include the working Youtube app from post #46?

To those that are seeing hangups using Total Commander or File Explorer... do you all have HTC Weather enabled? It seems that people using the Rose ROM on the HTC Vox experienced this issue, but didn't have it with HTC Weather disabled, so give that a try to see if it changes anything. I don't think this will help with the wifi/Commanager issue though.

Jarc112

Apr 16, 2008
San Salvador
this rom is great the layout and the speed are great,thanks.

(I have done reflash 3 times and several hard reset and this are the problems that remain)

The bugs i been having are: 1 the comm manager doesnt work not even the one in the main menu, 2 the audio manager starts loading but it hangs, 3 the file explorer "menu" softkey doesnt work, 4 maybe this isnt a bug but i having been able to add my hotmail email account, i think this has to do with the inner circle app, 5 the album is working for me.

Thanks again its amazing rom im looking forward new releases :D

Last edited:

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
this rom is great the layout and the speed are great,thanks.

The bugs i been having are: 1 the comm manager doesnt work not even the one in the main menu, 2 the audio manager starts loading but it hangs, 3 the file explorer "menu" softkey doesnt work, 4 maybe this isnt a bug but i having been able to add my hotmail email account, i think this has to do with the inner circle app, 5 the album is working for me.

Thanks again its amazing rom im looking forward new releases :D

Commanager problem is known... and for the record, if it doesn't work via one method, it also won't work via another one (i.e. power button vs start menu). :)

As for file explorer, is it that the menu softkey doesn't appear to be mapped, or is your phone actually freezing/hanging? If it's hanging (which seems to be a common issue) do you have HTC Weather installed and running? If yes, try uninstalling HTC Weather and see if that fixes anything (might work, as Vox had this problem too).

Finally, the Hotmail problem has been covered before...it seems to be an inherent problem with the autosetup email feature that many of us experience. Instead of typing in your actual hotmail address, mistype it (i.e. username@otmail.com). Then choose to enter the settings manually. Incoming and outgoing mail servers are pop.live.com and smtp.live.com, respectively IIRC. After you've completed setting up the account, go back to account settings and correct your email address and voila!

Last edited:
I love this ROM so far! Great work.

I also have had the File Manager menu key issue and I have not enabled HTC Weather. I also had a similar issue when using the menu key in celetask. (By the way, am I the only one who prefers the version of celetask that is in all of the previous ROMs?)

The latest stable version of maniac's Smartphone Tools - Automatic Keylock doesn't work with this ROM (but that is not surprising as it only works on a few ROMs.) I'm going to try the beta version and I'll report the results.

Keep up the great work!

phuKKah

Jan 22, 2009
ATL
After a couple days of use, these are a few problems I've seen

1. In quicklist, you cannot get to the Communication Manager, as it tries to connect to 'commmmanger' instead of 'commmanager'. Too many m's.

2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to open 'Album'. I'll click it, but no process is even detected trying to open.

3. No option to remove the Jogger icon in the task bar.

I have not looked through the 9 pages of feedback, so don't say "YOU SHOULDA LOOKED!"

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi

1. In quicklist, you cannot get to the Communication Manager, as it tries to connect to 'commmmanger' instead of 'commmanager'. Too many m's.

2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to open 'Album'. I'll click it, but no process is even detected trying to open.

I have not looked through the 9 pages of feedback, so don't say "YOU SHOULDA LOOKED!"

You shoulda looked!

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007

Well at least you should read the first post where it states that the Album is not working nor the youtube application

Regards,

Enrique

EasyTiger6x13

Apr 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
T9

Ive also discovered that every once in awhile when I go to write a text when i press one of the buttons that has the numbers on it the, the number will come up first and then the letter.

IE: 4So what are you 5doing today.

Hope that made sense I just woke up lol

I love this ROM so far! Great work.

The latest stable version of maniac's Smartphone Tools - Automatic Keylock doesn't work with this ROM (but that is not surprising as it only works on a few ROMs.) I'm going to try the beta version and I'll report the results.

I just got a chance to try the beta. It does not work either. It cannot create a keyboard hook. Again, I have this issue on most ROMs but it is a nice tool and I'd love it to work on your killer ROM!

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
i managed to get the 96dpi (ROSE ver.) to work for this ROM, however the status icons at the top of the screen now appear as white blocks, also, due to whatever method used to skin the start menu, the background look rather messed up.:cool:
I'm trying to find where those new TOPbar icons come from (battery, bluetooth, etc. looks different). The tshres.dll file still has the old original topbar icons in it. NRG, is that a plugin? Any ideas?

ETCMCC

Nov 4, 2008
Boston, MA
It might just be me. I suffer from SSS often (suddenly stupid syndrome) I finally did get the audio to work. I reinstalled the rom. Still no wifi. I'll keep reading and see if there is a solution cause there probably is... Thanks

fruchtschwert

Apr 2, 2007
experiences

Thanks for your ROM, NRG !
It's graphically amazing and also quite fast..

Here are my experiences / suggestions:

0. I can confirm the problems with commanager, album and youtube ..

1. I managed to hang celetask as well as the start menu just by pressing the right softkey in the start menu (labeled "menu").. I could also reproduce this. I get the same effect when navigating to start -> settings -> connections -> WLAN settings and pressing right softkey (menu) there, so it maybe has to do with wifiinit not completing

2. could u include some tool, to change the keymap easily? I need a german keymap. Sure I can probably look for it & change it myself, but maybe you want to include such a keymap changer, since it would be very convenient for many people and there already was something like that in the Rose ROM, I remember (there were more T9 languages too)..

3. in the rose ROM (I admit it was the stylez version ;)), celetask had the close-action directly mapped to a softkey .. maybe u can include this version: it would be a very small change but very convenient, since most people are probably using celetask for terminating apps / I also liked the setting in the rose ROM, that longer press on the t-zones- / IE- button starts commanager

again, thanks for ur work .. I think I will love the ROM, when it's final :)

Last edited:

jeanpiere

May 31, 2007
no usb connection

if u wait for a while after starting up the phone, the wifi and bluetooth eventually work! my problem is that i can never ever connect to windows device center in vista and windows 7 with this ROM, the device just isnt picked up as a usb device at all, and to return to other ROMs I must do OEM flashing first, rather frustrating. . .

MrBraun

Apr 19, 2009
Just a little one things NRG:

1) Into jogger settings, the options Enable scrolling sound don't have effect!

and, can u add a slim chome panel? :)

Tnx for this great ROM! :)