[Q] Returning Nexus 4 because of delayed push notifications in WiFi?

Search This thread

D.Cent

Jul 25, 2013
I'm actually really fed up with my Nexus 4 because of the delayed push notifications. Sometimes I receive messages more than half an hour too late, although Google said they would fix this problem multiple times. I'm now on Android 4.4.2 and the problem never disappeared. I already tried multiple fixes like turning off WiFi optimization or push notifications fixer - they all don't work. The notifications get in all at once when I turn the display on.

I bought my Nexus 4 on 30th April 2013 and the problem never was a big deal for me so far. However, I now work for an IT company and I need to be reachable 24/7 and therefore should not wait for delayed push notifications on Whatsapp, Threema, Telegram, GMail, etc.

I know at least two other people who have a Nexus 4 and they all have got the same problem (newest revision of the phone and latest Android version).

So my question is: what do you think are my chances for returning my Nexus 4 device to Google and either get my money back or get another device (although I don't want another Nexus 4 and I'm not sure if the same problem occurs on the Nexus 5)?

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
if you live in a area where google takes care of warranty of the nexus. can be a bit harder(because lg dosent search the phone, i mean they dont look to see if you have blocked bootloader and these things).
returning only for that idk... call to see if google will accept.
if not just install some custom recovery. and format all partitions
then you can return back for the phone not turning on(since it formated every partition lol)