• @#$%^&*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

holydhaliwal

Sep 8, 2008
Montreal
This doesn't work for me, When I run the Runme.bat I get a bunch of "the system cannot find the path specified errors". Also in the prompt it says to look at the device and press "Restore" on the phone, however no such windows pop up on my phone :S.

And when I run the Root.bat I get a bunch of "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." errors. So nothing seems to be working here for me. I am using the latest firmware (e), any ideas?

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
This doesn't work for me, When I run the Runme.bat I get a bunch of "the system cannot find the path specified errors". Also in the prompt it says to look at the device and press "Restore" on the phone, however no such windows pop up on my phone :S.

And when I run the Root.bat I get a bunch of "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." errors. So nothing seems to be working here for me. I am using the latest firmware (e), any ideas?

reinstall your lg drivers make sure adb is enabled on your phone

htc0101

Nov 6, 2008
Windsor
Not working for me either gets stuck after I hit restore. can I use the adb method in the ``original optimus g`` forum :confused:

I have the rogers version

holydhaliwal

Sep 8, 2008
Montreal
reinstall your lg drivers make sure adb is enabled on your phone
By making sure adb is enabled on my phone do you mean make sure USB debugging is enabled? Because it is. I'll try reinstalling the USB drivers. Also what mode am I supposed to put the phone into when its plugged in? It gives me options like "charge only" or "media sync" and I'm not sure which one to choose.

htc0101

Nov 6, 2008
Windsor
My phone has the e971-10e version do I need to downgrade?
Downloading e971-10d as I type this, 2hrs left on the DL...
Not as bad as using hex edit to make gold cards I guess....lol

Edit: Well 2hrs later and a firmware downgrade later, yes everything worked perfectly. This did not work for me on E971-10e I had to downgrade! I tried every trick in the book (I've been doing this since the htc magic came out) and I could not get it to work without downgrading.

Last edited:

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
My phone has the e971-10e version do I need to downgrade?
Downloading e971-10d as I type this, 2hrs left on the DL...
Not as bad as using hex edit to make gold cards I guess....lol

Edit: Well 2hrs later and a firmware downgrade later, yes everything worked perfectly. This did not work for me on E971-10e I had to downgrade! I tried every trick in the book (I've been doing this since the htc magic came out) and I could not get it to work without downgrading.

Sorry it didn't go as planned

htc0101

Nov 6, 2008
Windsor
Re: ROOT Optimus G2600 after OTA work around found + bootloader unlock with cwm updat

Hey man not your fault. Just wanted to let people know they "may" need to downgrade to root. And it was a little frustrating not being able to easily find the info I needed. All good now.

Thanks for putting this together. It helped a lot.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda premium

Ezzaam4Futbol

Mar 2, 2010
Montreal
the E97110E doesn't seem to let my JB 4.1.2 boot but the E97110C(not listed here) works. With that one, i cant install cwm and it seems it corrupts my boot... Any idea???

sshukrun

Jan 29, 2011
After trying this method my phone bricked. I tried to restore it with kdz and now the only thing that happens with my phone when turning it on is download mode showing up. I don't even get the lg logo anymore. My computer won't even recognize my device and not button commands are doing anything but bringing me into a useless download mode. Its not even plugged in when it does it! help? I feel like calling Rogers and telling them I was trying to update to jb when Poofff my phone got stuck..

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
After trying this method my phone bricked. I tried to restore it with kdz and now the only thing that happens with my phone when turning it on is download mode showing up. I don't even get the lg logo anymore. My computer won't even recognize my device and not button commands are doing anything but bringing me into a useless download mode. Its not even plugged in when it does it! help? I feel like calling Rogers and telling them I was trying to update to jb when Poofff my phone got stuck..

try again make sure
type= 3GQCT
phone mode= CS_EMERGENCY
select th kdz file
remove and reinstall the lg driver and change the usb port its connected to just to make i reinstall the drivers if its on the download mode screen its repairable no need to go to rogers you may need to flash it on another computer if all else fails and note after its done and all you get is the lg screen reboot and hold volume down and power it will show the factory reset hit power 2 times when its done it will reboot and be fine after that

IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOAD MODE SCREEN AND WINDOWS DOS NOT DETECT YOUR PHONE IT IS A DRIVER ISSUE NOT THE PHONE REINSTALL THE DRIVERS

Last edited:

I entirely agree with kentek.

However for people who have bricked, I would say, as a customer with Rogers and I have been in the position where I have bricked my phone (gs2 LTE). I brought it in for repair giving them the story that this happened during the update process, and after a few weeks I received a new phone.

If I had re bricked my phone, I would not be afraid to do it again. All I can say, is that you better ensure that your phone is truly bricked before you send it in. I cannot tell you what the symptoms are for a full brick on the LG Optimus G but I hope you never find out.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sshukrun

Jan 29, 2011
try again make sure
type= 3GQCT
phone mode= CS_EMERGENCY
select th kdz file
remove and reinstall the lg driver and change the usb port its connected to just to make i reinstall the drivers if its on the download mode screen its repairable no need to go to rogers you may need to flash it on another computer if all else fails and note after its done and all you get is the lg screen reboot and hold volume down and power it will show the factory reset hit power 2 times when its done it will reboot and be fine after that

IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOAD MODE SCREEN AND WINDOWS DOS NOT DETECT YOUR PHONE IT IS A DRIVER ISSUE NOT THE PHONE REINSTALL THE DRIVERS

Im going to try another computer in that case because I did already reinstall the drivers, and previous to this the same USB port was indeed allowing a connection to my phone. The settings in KDZ updater was what had been mentioned in the OP. I'll give it a couple more shots before turning it in Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

try again make sure
type= 3GQCT
phone mode= CS_EMERGENCY
select th kdz file

Ok so the message i was getting through KDZ was "MFC Application has stopped working" and then it force closes. I read up through the LG Optimus 3D Forums and it said I had to install the msxml.msi. Turnd out it was included in your LG E971 archive so i installed it and KDZ worked. I officially have an LG logo that appeared so I will follow through with the factory Reset instructions.

JordanO81

May 7, 2012
Surrey
I just got my LG Optimus G after a year and a half with the Samsung Infuse. I installed the OTA 4.1.2 update from Rogers the day I got my phone.

My phone says i'm running this version: E97120c. I tried RunMe, but did not get any prompts on my phone, as described. Am I doing something wrong here? USB Debugging is on, btw.

golfinggino

Nov 23, 2011
burlington, on
i picked up an optimus g today for a very good price - sold my note 2 today and was looking for a cheap back up phone to my galaxy tab 7.7 - i tried following these instructions with no luck, i have never had an android device i couldn't root - until now lol - anyway i gave up as i will hardly be using it anyway and updated to the 4.1.2 - e97120c ota update, i was really hoping to flash the vanilla rootbox rom and houcha kernel to see if i could get better battery life - will probably just sell the phone and pick up another nexus 4

edit - rooted - and running the rootbox rom and houcha kernel, all is good now !

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

ManyouRisms

Jan 12, 2012
You can't root? You try universal? It really isn't a hard phone to root...

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

kjdoug

Nov 17, 2007
followed the instructions

it worked fine was rooted and unlocked with freegee...then when i rebooted the phone it got stuck on the lg logo...tried the vol down + power to factory reset and clear the data and it won't boot into cwm or recovery? any help? it just stays stuck on the lg logo

ManyouRisms

Jan 12, 2012
Have you tried the other factory reset? I can't remember which combination it is now you'll have to search.. But it has worked for me a couple timed

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you OVER THE AIR =O.T.A. update YOU CAN still Root/RECOVERY BUT YOU MUST DOWN GRADE FIRST AS OF MAY 2013
    This works on all Canadian variants of the lg optimus g 2600 lte phones.
    If you root you can not OTA update.
    If you root and flash to any version of jellybean OTA= over the air update is no longer needed.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU ERASE YOU FAMILY HISTORY OR REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GENE-POOL

I did not develop or create this i just merged it so it would work.

USB debugging must be turned on found in settings then development check-mark USB debugging then plug in you phone LG drivers must be installed found here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3p6u1bq776bdbzi

If you have issues with getting in to recovery i did try QUICKBOOT found here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g4g37gwd6y99urb or download from Google play

1. Download: lg e971.zip http://d-h.st/HsU
    2. Extract it
    :cyclops:Update not tested i have added the files to e971.zip or download the the ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root Posted by fiddy619 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2181103
    ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root Update run CurrentRoot.bat first if it works go to freegee.bat then continue to step 8.
    3. Run: RunMe.bat ignore restore instructions skip with back button
    4. Run: Root.bat
    5. Download busybox from the market and install it then run it
    6. Transfer: cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_geebus.zip in the found LG e971 folder to your internal SD-card not in a folder in main directory.
    7. Run: Freegee.bat once complete you are now ROOTED with CUSTOM RECOVERY
    NOTE: This CUSTOM RECOVERY DOSE NOT WORK WELL AT ALL continuing with next step to update the custom recovery.
    NOTE: To enter custom recovery shut phone off then press vol up+down+power at the same time you will see fastboot hit vol down twice you won't see anything happen on the fastboot screen hit power it will reboot to custom recovery.
    8. Install zip from internal SD-card look for cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_geebus.zip in your main directory then flash it.

Now you can flash ANY Stock 4.1.2 ROM OR 4.01 ROM
    Recommendation for Rogers use this Stock 4.1.2 Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 Canada / At&t / Int'l Edition found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2127346 Thank houstonn for this if you want to donate http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4852479

:cyclops:UPDATE: CM10 based roms will boot loop or just not boot due to a partition issue you must downgrade to shipped revision d not e kdz then full root/boot loader unlock then flash what you want. :cyclops:

FYI I bricked my phone once then restored it just to get this done.
    After 10 hrs of playing around with all i could find in the forums i found this to work.
    I have repeated these steps on 3 more phones for other owners and it works great.
    Now i have no bloatware removed LG-Ui removed LG Email and Google Mail using enhanced email for faster push intervals Full nova launcher custom kernel and pimped with pimp my ROM for added tweaks and flashed g-now

IF YOU BRICKED OR WISH TO RESTORE OR DOWNGRADE

:cyclops:NEEDED FOR ANY CM10-ASOP/AOKP ROMS
    E97110D_00.KDZ downgrade here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rhe7im3hbznow5t

:cyclops:NEEDED FOR ANY JELLY 4.1.2 ROMS
    E97110E_00.KDZ O.T.A. update here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rkyevf6rrmypdwr

Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
    Phone Mode: CS_Emergency

Navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ file

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

Your phone will restart itself when complete

If you get stuck on the lg logo perform a factory reset volume down power at the same time release power at logo hold volume until you see factory reset then power twice

This proses is the same for downgrade E97110D_00.kdz is the downgrade file and is necessary to flash and run any CM10 based rom because of partition settings and if you downgrade root and fregee is all that you need and i recommend the downgrade its more compatible with custom roms

NONE OF THE SOFTWARE USED IS MINE AND FOR THOSE WHO CREATED IT I THANK-YOU FOR YOU CONTINUED WORK AND DEDICATION if you know who they are and this helped donate to them not to me THANK-YOU

I AM AM JUST A TESTER TRYING IT ALL UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT FROM MY DEVICE

Screen shots of what i have now below :good:

My 2 Cents= "If you asked for free advice and got what you paid for ? don't complain."
    THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ATTENTION!!!!

QUICK AND EASY ALL IN ONE ROOT AND BOOTLOADER UNLOCK WITHOUT A NEED TO DOWNGRADE SOFTWARE, OR DO ANY KDZ WORK OF ANY KIND! (something I still am unsure how to do)

Thanks a TON kentek. I put off rooting this phone and unlocking the booloader because of all the software downgrading and different soft brick possibilities with OTA's and other things. This made things SUUUUUPER easy.

It almost scary how easy it was, lol. I think you should include a little bit more information in the OP however. Things like "USB debugging" must be turned on. Even instructions on how to boot the phone into recovery. Personally I use quick boot. Maybe recommend people root first, then install QuickBoot before unlocking with freegee, as an easy way to get into the CWM that freegee installs. Then you can use quickboot to get into recovery and update it to sk8ers touch recovery (the BEST recovery ive ever used across numerous devices.)

Anyway..... Thanks again kentek, and hopefully more people who were having trouble, or like me, hesitant to do anything, will see this thread and have their freedom granted as quick and easy as I did.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!