Developer Edition Updated

Search This thread

cmaguss

Jun 18, 2008
thanks for your help, successfully converted my HTC One M8 to a Developer Edition version.
One more question, If rooteo and return to install the recovery image, I get the update OTA normally

Alaris

May 25, 2012
Do you get the red writing with this method under tell HTC? Something along the lines of it being a test unit and they will collect data?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Alaris

May 25, 2012
Under about in settings there is something called tell htc in it in red writing saying that are able to collect info and that it's a test device

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jsaldarriaga

Aug 12, 2014
Help me please

Good Day community, I have a question to see if you can help me or someone who has already done.

I have my M8 (CID CWS_001 was originally AT & T) and I have SuperCID, I'm s-off, I have unlocked the bootloader, I installed the firmware 2.22.401.5 and TWRM 2.7.1 rom with 7.1 HD Maximus, good now my question is: I want to make the official Developer Edition version of HTC (CID BS_US002 and firmware 2.22.1540.3) the idea is to stick with OTA updates and all could help me with what I want? thank you very much to all.

greetings,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Software version 1.54.1540.9 w/Extreme Power Saving... Uploading ota now for folks who need or want it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5-C2BrwNVxdjY2WVVsdXBIUzA/edit?usp=sharing
    I just "converted" my AT&T M8 to a full Dev Edition M8. Here are the steps I followed (these are actually my own notes that I followed.)

assumes unlocked bootloader, S-Off.

1. Change to a TWRP recovery... and do a TWRP backup (to internal sd card) (The backup isn't really needed, but this step ensures that the proper directory is created and is a good step for paranoia)

2. Use this thread to download for the BS_US002 (1.12.1540.17) TWRP nandroid and stock recovery: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376 (by getting the 1.12 and not 1.54 - I was able to test getting an OTA)

3. Boot your phone normally.

4. Unpack the TWRP nandroid and place the folder into the proper directory on your phone's sdcard (TWRP/Backups/SERIAL_NUMBER/)

5. reboot into fastboot mode.

6. change CID to BS_US002: fastboot oem writecid BS_US002

6. reboot the phone and get back to TWRP recovery

7. Restore the kernel (boot) partition from step 4. (not the kernel/boot from step 1)

8. Use TWRP to "factory wipe" the device. Do NOT wipe the "internal" storage. Only wipe the data/cache/dalvik cache partitions.

9. Use TWRP to do a full restore from the backup directory created in step 4. (Honestly, you could probably just do the full restore in step 7 and then skip this step.)

10. Reboot the system. (Do NOT accept any OTA's) After the phone comes back up, reboot to fastboot mode.

11. In fastboot, flash the proper STOCK recovery (from step 2): fastboot flash recovery filename.img

12. Probably not needed, but while in fastboot go ahead and run this: fastboot erase cache

13. Reboot from fastboot to the normal system. You can now accept OTA's and they should work.

Some more notes: This worked for me... it might work for you, or it might not. If you don't enjoy restoring phone partitions by hand, I'd suggest NOT doing this.

After performing these steps, you'll lose AT&T's fancy visual voice mail. After I did all this, I'm leaving my recovery as "stock" for now. I did need to boot into recovery to install superSU... this is easily accomplished using fastboot's "boot" parameter to boot to a recovery image that's not actually installed on the phone.

Oh, and thanks to @Wonders_Never_Cease for the PM's putting my fears to rest...

Take care
    Gary
    Safest way I would suggest is do a restore of a nand backup to completely stock developer build including recovery(1.12.1540.17) and then flash this via stock recovery if you havent gotten the notification after you revert to everything stock...You do not need to relock bootloader if s-off'd...as long as everything else is stock itll flash just fine...Hope this answered your questions about flashing this file.

I'm curious. Sorry if this a silly question, I'm still new to all of this...

Wonders_Never_Cease, So I should flash back to the recoverydevm8.img you provided previously in the A_T_T_Test_1_12_1540_17_ISIS ROM you created first?

Thanks.
    surely is...you have an att variant telephone?

So no definite way to convert to Dev Edition then I'm guessing, right?
    surely is...you have an att variant telephone?

Do you know if the "brick" guy ever was able to recover? Just curious if I should be looking at a de-brick solution for him.