[12/DEC/10][WWE][ITA]AthineOS v26 21914/23569/23151[Sense 2.5.2018/CHome/MAX SENSE]

Search This thread

mike65th

Aug 2, 2007
New York City
Well it looks like I'm gonna have to flash the new version when I get home. I was wondering though, have any of you been able to get PocketRAR to work? After first launch it asks you to make file associations or whatever, but there's no "OK" button to get out of that and pressing enter does not work, nor does the hard "OK" key. Then every time I try to close the program it screws everything up, making the taskbar disappear and stuff so I tried soft-resetting and when the phone starts booting it stays stuck @ the first HTC screen. I've had to do several hard-resets to get the phone working again. Also, I tried to restore my backedup RegEdit settings (Only 1 changed entry to keep the sound coming out when the power button is hit to turn off the screen) and after the reset it locked up again @ that first screen. I even tried to enter the reg change manually and still had the same effect.
This ROM is really snappy though so I hope I can get these issues worked out. I will try to replicate the problems on the new version when I get home and flash. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Sellitus

Jan 9, 2009
Been running the new extreme rom 6.5.5 version, insanely fast. quite literally the smoothest 2.5 rom out, and no bugs yet either! this ones a keeper

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
Well it looks like I'm gonna have to flash the new version when I get home. I was wondering though, have any of you been able to get PocketRAR to work? After first launch it asks you to make file associations or whatever, but there's no "OK" button to get out of that and pressing enter does not work, nor does the hard "OK" key. Then every time I try to close the program it screws everything up, making the taskbar disappear and stuff so I tried soft-resetting and when the phone starts booting it stays stuck @ the first HTC screen. I've had to do several hard-resets to get the phone working again. Also, I tried to restore my backedup RegEdit settings (Only 1 changed entry to keep the sound coming out when the power button is hit to turn off the screen) and after the reset it locked up again @ that first screen. I even tried to enter the reg change manually and still had the same effect.
This ROM is really snappy though so I hope I can get these issues worked out. I will try to replicate the problems on the new version when I get home and flash. Any help would be appreciated. :)
we waiting update for pocket rar

next time push hard button "Start menu" then open the task manager and close pocket rar

SyNRGz

May 24, 2009
Voice Command Announcements

First of all...b16b is awesome. Xtreme 23549 (as all work from b161b) is without a doubt... outstanding. My request is related to Voice Command messaging announcements. I am using MSVC 1.6.23541 with Supported Features set to 1519 (This enables announcements and ringtones over bluetooth). All MSVC works fine with (and without) Bluetooth respective to chosen settings. Prior to my transition to 6.5.5, MSVC would text to voice SMS messages (speaker and Bluetooth based on settings). Is anyone aware of any registry settings that may be conflicting? I get SMS notification tones/vibrate etc.. just no MSVC speech.

btw... I do admire the efforts and fine work on this forum. You will see my donations of appreciation. Thank you!

Device= AT&T Tilt2
WM= WM 6.5.X 23549
Radio= 4.49.25.91
SPL= HardSPL-0.85 OliNex
MSVC=1.6.23541
JVH3 Weather City
Cookie's Home Tab

jlavoie

Oct 15, 2007
First of all...b16b is awesome. Xtreme 23549 (as all work from b161b) is without a doubt... outstanding. My request is related to Voice Command messaging announcements. I am using MSVC 1.6.23541 with Supported Features set to 1519 (This enables announcements and ringtones over bluetooth). All MSVC works fine with (and without) Bluetooth respective to chosen settings. Prior to my transition to 6.5.5, MSVC would text to voice SMS messages (speaker and Bluetooth based on settings). Is anyone aware of any registry settings that may be conflicting? I get SMS notification tones/vibrate etc.. just no MSVC speech.

btw... I do admire the efforts and fine work on this forum. You will see my donations of appreciation. Thank you!

Device= AT&T Tilt2
WM= WM 6.5.X 23549
Radio= 4.49.25.91
SPL= HardSPL-0.85 OliNex
MSVC=1.6.23541
JVH3 Weather City
Cookie's Home Tab

go into voice command settings and tap the "Notifications" button and check "Announce notifications using Bluetooth hands free if available" and uncheck "Only during free time".

SyNRGz

May 24, 2009
Voice Command Announcement

jlavoie - I have checked many combinations in the MSVC settings. With and without bluetooth. Out of respect for your response, I just follow your suggestion, power cycled the phone and tested with and without bluetooth. I also tried with and without the sound notification. In each case, Email and voice announced as expect. No success with SMS, but I really appreciate your effort.

tuumke

Feb 17, 2010
hhmm
im having some troubles with the messaging.
i used pim-backup to make a backup from the phone.
then flashed the extreme rom.
then restored, but now when i load the msgs, i see the latest ones on screen. but when i click it, it just says <contact name>(nr msgs) and it stays blank. nothing else :(
going back to AthineOS_S2R_WM6.5.5_23540_Sense_2.5.2012
till i know what is wrong.

Last edited:

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
hhmm
then restored, but now when i load the msgs, i see the latest ones on screen. but when i click it, it just says <contact name>(nr msgs) and it stays blank. nothing else :(

i do not have test it... i restore only the contacts with pim

go back to 21895 if working for you make sync with pc go back to 23549 and take all the msg from your pc

jlavoie

Oct 15, 2007
jlavoie - I have checked many combinations in the MSVC settings. With and without bluetooth. Out of respect for your response, I just follow your suggestion, power cycled the phone and tested with and without bluetooth. I also tried with and without the sound notification. In each case, Email and voice announced as expect. No success with SMS, but I really appreciate your effort.

maybe try the attached voice command.

Attachments

• Microsoft_Voice_Command.v1.6.23081.cab
    2.4 MB · Views: 41

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
hhmm

I've had this happen with many of the ROMs, and it corrects itself once you receive a new text message from that person, or over the course of a few reboots.

Top Liked Posts