[Request] Smaller HTC Clock/Weather Widget

Search This thread

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
I hate the stock clock/weather widget but I am in love with those full screen weather animations on unlock.

I'm just gunna throw this out there, it would be badass if someone could modify the native htc clock/weather widget to be a 4x1 widget similar to the yr.no 4x1 weather widget. That way people could have the best of both worlds, badass lightning/wiper blades on their screen without the clock taking all that valuable screen real estate!

gabemeyers

Mar 10, 2008
Go grab beautiful widgets from the market..
you can make it similar to the sense clock but in a 1x4

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
Right, but then you lose the full screen weather animations when you unlock, right? I was under the impression these were only possible with the HTC widget.

thegame3202

Apr 12, 2010
I'm not sure. I know you can get a live wallpaper that shows the weather with beautiful widgets...

torremitsu

Oct 24, 2007
Colorado
What you want, is for the Dev of Cookie HomeTab to make the same for the EVO as he has done for the HD2. Great customization for the sense UI, while still keeping full functionality. Weather animations and all.

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
I checked it out. Almost makes me want a WinMo device.....almost lol. An android port of that would be amazing. Co0kieMonster's donate button would probably blow up even more if that happened....

DeMiNe0

Dec 13, 2007
i just came over to the Evo from Energy Rom on Windows Mobile. I had cookie on that, and I think it's the ONLY thing (Besides easy wifi tethering) that i miss on my touch pro 2.

conkid

Jul 9, 2008
Sincerely hoping for a similar clock like the one in CHT for winmo... requested it over at ppcgeeks a while ago with no results.... really miss that also

DSwarP

May 26, 2008
I was JUST about to post this same request. Now I'll just add to this thread.

I would love a 4x1 and/or 2x1 HTC Clock Widget with the animation functionality.

Manicmobileaddict

Apr 4, 2009
I'm tired of the big clock all together, but love the weather animations. The big clock can look good, but I wear a watch and the time is up top also so what waste of realestate. I'd like to keep the weather widget though (with the animations) so really hoping there will be a way to make it more configurable like Cookie did (more so even -no clock!). Also would really like it if moon phases could be incorporated too.

allroy1975

Aug 24, 2009
To those who have used beautiful widgets & live weather wallpaper how does the live weather wallpaper compare to htc's weather animations?

The live wallpaper looks really good and is really customizable.

My only issue is I don't really like live wallpapers. :)
The bw widget will show an animation when you tap the weather part of the widget, i would love if there was an option to display that animation over the home screen when you unlock the device. It would be perfect!

Last edited: