Phone is working fine, but Odin says "There is no PIT partition" when I try to flash.

Search This thread

hawkins22

May 17, 2013
Phone is working fine, but Odin says "There is no PIT partition" when I try to flash.

I have a GT-I9505 with the MDA version firmware, region EVR.

I've flashed it previously, successfully, to the latest ME2 firmware, but then I installed Chainfire3D which soft-bricked it.

I recovered using Kies firmware recovery, did a factory reset/cache wipe, have rooted the phone again... but now Odin won't flash the phone!

It says "There is no PIT partition", and when I try to re-partition using the PIT file from this thread, it just says "complete(write) operation failed".

I've tried Odin 1.8, 3.04, 3.07... all the same.

The phone is currently working fine and is rooted! I just want to flash to a newer firmware, is all.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

0reo

Mar 25, 2011
I am having similar problems. Any other suggestions?

I'm trying to root my S4 for the first time. Just had the S4 factory reset itself before starting this attempt.

Seems like the USB connection keeps resetting. I don't have this problem on any other device and I've tried swapping USB cords as well as USB ports. Tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. I keep getting the same problems. I've even tried including the PIT file for re-partitioning. Even the Kies connection keeps resetting. Kies trouble shooting the USB connection resulting in reloading some drivers but that didn't have any effect.

ODIN output below:

<ID:0/010> Added!!
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Removed!!
<ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/011> Added!!
<ID:0/011> Removed!!
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> There is no PIT partition.

Now, searching lead me to a thread for I think the S3 and they were saying these kinds of problems were defective motherboards on the phone. Do I need to take my phone back to Verizon for warranty replacement? It's not even a week old yet.

Last edited:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I am having similar problems. Any other suggestions?

I'm trying to root my S4 for the first time. Just had the S4 factory reset itself before starting this attempt.

Seems like the USB connection keeps resetting. I don't have this problem on any other device and I've tried swapping USB cords as well as USB ports. Tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. I keep getting the same problems. I've even tried including the PIT file for re-partitioning. Even the Kies connection keeps resetting. Kies trouble shooting the USB connection resulting in reloading some drivers but that didn't have any effect.

ODIN output below:

<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> There is no PIT partition.

Now, searching lead me to a thread for I think the S3 and they were saying these kinds of problems were defective motherboards on the phone. Do I need to take my phone back to Verizon for warranty replacement? It's not even a week old yet.

uninstall driver then re-install it. make sure kies is not running. flash pit file with the firmware in odin

Last edited:

0reo

Mar 25, 2011
uninstall driver then re-install it. make sure kies is not running. flash pit file with the firmware in odin
For the record, I just convinced the local VZW store to swap me a NIB S4 as a warranty replacement. The new S4 is giving me the exact same problem so in all likelihood the phone is not my problem.

Going to try removing and reinstalling the drivers on the PC again.

Does USB debugging need to be checked / unchecked for ODIN to work?

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
For the record, I just convinced the local VZW store to swap me a NIB S4 as a warranty replacement. The new S4 is giving me the exact same problem so in all likelihood the phone is not my problem.

NO NEED to check it. a lot of users brick their phones and can not boot to check usb debugging. so they went directly to odin flash and it was good to go :good:

Last edited:

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Hi,

USB debugging needs to be ticked.

:)

Reactions: heblu

0reo

Mar 25, 2011
OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and still get the same problems. Any other ideas?:(

0reo

Mar 25, 2011
Hi,

Did you reboot your PC?

Yes, a number of times at every stage one would think it would make any difference. It didn't make any difference.

I did finally get my phone rooted. While I can't say for certain, it seems like the S4 needed to be booted normally, then connected via USB, then let Win7 auto install several drivers, then I initiated bhp090808's all-in-one root tool which rebooted the phone into ODIN mode. ODIN was then successful.

Contrast that with having the S4 disconnected from USB and manually booting into ODIN mode, then connect USB, then let Win7 install drivers, then initiate ODIN to start. That sequence gave me all the problems.

Thanks for the replies though. I do appreciate your willingness to help.

Last edited:

mpalka

Aug 28, 2013
Solved same problem this way:
1) Connected phone by original cable directly to rear USB port
2) Turn off Kies (no need to uninstall)
3) Stopped 2 kies processes which still run even if kies is off.
4) There must be item "Samsung Android Phone" and cascaded item "Samsung android ADB interface" in device manager.
5) Enable USB Debugging in phone.
6) I had unchecked item "Check installed apps from ADB by USB" - Not sure if it is necessary.
7) When you connect phone there has to be popup with question: "Allow USB debugging from this computer?" followed by computer signature.
Check always, answer yes.
8) Use old Odin 3 V. 1.85

i9505+stock firmware+win7sp1

Sagar6699

Nov 7, 2013
On pit partition found

I flashed cm 10.1 on my SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace Plus.Now I want to come back to my stock rom . I downloaded the stock rom and I am trying to flash it using ODIN.But I get the message that ON PIT PARTITION FOUND.
aa

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Flash .pit file with the firmware, not alone make sure re-partition is ticked

Sent from my Galaxy using xda premium

Solved same problem this way:
1) Connected phone by original cable directly to rear USB port
2) Turn off Kies (no need to uninstall)
3) Stopped 2 kies processes which still run even if kies is off.
4) There must be item "Samsung Android Phone" and cascaded item "Samsung android ADB interface" in device manager.
5) Enable USB Debugging in phone.
6) I had unchecked item "Check installed apps from ADB by USB" - Not sure if it is necessary.
7) When you connect phone there has to be popup with question: "Allow USB debugging from this computer?" followed by computer signature.
Check always, answer yes.
8) Use old Odin 3 V. 1.85

i9505+stock firmware+win7sp1

]I flashed cm 10.1 on my SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace Plus.Now I want to come back to my stock rom . I downloaded the stock rom and I am trying to flash it using ODIN.But I get the message that ON PIT PARTITION FOUND

Sagar6699

Nov 7, 2013
Re-Partition

Thanks!!
But now there is another problem........
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S7500DDLD1_S7500ODDLD2_S7500DDLD1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/009> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/009>
<ID:0/009> Re-Partition operation failed.

PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

pisicutumic

Jun 24, 2013
Constanta
probably solve with this

Well I did thgis ... searched another firmware mewer same carrier .. and I rebooted the Pc ..Nothing

But on a forum external some dude sayd ok .. If you use front USB ports theese are coted as external USB and they don't are recognized as internal USB hubs so change to a back side usb and will work I did and now after waiting like 5 minutes the process started my phone is under process restarting now ... And Voloa .. the new firmware,

Moritzio

Nov 19, 2008
Thanks for that suggestion. Switching to the back USB ports worked for me.

Well I did thgis ... searched another firmware mewer same carrier .. and I rebooted the Pc ..Nothing

But on a forum external some dude sayd ok .. If you use front USB ports theese are coted as external USB and they don't are recognized as internal USB hubs so change to a back side usb and will work I did and now after waiting like 5 minutes the process started my phone is under process restarting now ... And Voloa .. the new firmware,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    probably solve with this

Flash .pit file with the firmware, not alone make sure re-partition is ticked

Sent from my Galaxy using xda premium

I was doing both those things. Strangely, it worked when I used another computer! Thanks anyway.

Hi,

USB debugging needs to be ticked.

Hi,

Trying to install CM12-5.0.2 on my I9505 i got a soft issue described on title. Just follow some tips from this thread (re-install drivers, flash PIT + Firmware ticking Re-Partition, use back USB ports), but no success. Before re-installing drivers, i was getting the error "There is no PIT...". After, tried the PIT+Firmware flashing and now it compleats the process, but get fail result. I tried all Odin Versions, but same error. Also tried flash a custom recovery (CWM), but failed as well. Any help?

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/003> recovery.img
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

Try a different cable/ different pc.