Root Sony Xperia C !!!

Search This thread

rohitrockon17

Oct 3, 2012
Guys,

This is my first post after getting a new Sony Xperia C (INDIA). Before this, i was a proud owner of a Motorola Atrix 2 !!!
I have seen many people searching (even i was one of them) for Xperia C root which is not yet available. I finally found a .exe in a chinese forum for Sony Xperia c39h and guess what i was able to root my phone in the 1st attempt.

Attaching the package, enable USB Debugging on phone, attach the phone to PC or laptop and then run the Sony Xperia C Root.exe. All the credits goes to its developer.

Enjoy Sony Xperia C users:D

Thanks
RG:cowboy:

prasad12ka4

Guys,

This is my first post after getting a new Sony Xperia C (INDIA). Before this, i was a proud owner of a Motorola Atrix 2 !!!
I have seen many people searching (even i was one of them) for Xperia C root which is not yet available. I finally found a .exe in a chinese forum for Sony Xperia c39h and guess what i was able to root my phone in the 1st attempt.

Attaching the package, enable USB Debugging on phone, attach the phone to PC or laptop and then run the Sony Xperia C Root.exe. All the credits goes to its developer.

Thanks
We deserve a separate form, for Xperia C,
The phone is already light, there is no such need to root.
But nice find my friend it is a new discovery for us.

Reactions: flasherruts

rohitrockon17

Oct 3, 2012
I agreee

We deserve a separate form, for Xperia C,
The phone is already light, there is no such need to root.
But nice find my friend it is a new discovery for us.

Hello,

Even I agree that we need a separate Forum for Sony Xperia C now. Also even though the phone is already but it's always good to have phone rooted so that few customizations like themes, fonts, removing in-built apps can be performed:D

I am now looking forward to install CWM. I am trying different methods to get it to work. If anyone knows how can we get CWM installed, please post the method.

Thanks in advance:cyclops:

Thanks

rohitrockon17

Oct 3, 2012
Phone Dead !!!

Hello,

While following http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2160490 , I somehow bricked my phone. Using the MTK tool, i was putting the CWM recovery, on the PC screen it said it was successful and rebooting however the phone did not turn up even waiting for 30 minutes. So i unplugged the phone and found that it wont even turn on now. Tried everything i could but nothing happens when i push the Power On button.
Tried charging the battery, did a reset by removing the back door. It doesn't even boot to recovery of fastboot mode. Tried pushing in the boot.img and recovery.img using the fastboot but the is not getting detected.

So finally gave it to the service centre. Let's see by tomorrow evening they willl let me know if it is a Software or Hardware problem. Just hoping that
it is a hardware problem and the service centre guys doesn't come to know about the Root and the stuff i was trying :D..

If it is a hardware problem, then they said they will get the phone replaced:D

Keeping my fingers crossed;)

rohitrockon17

Oct 3, 2012
Bootloader unlocking not available !!!

Bootloader unlocking is not available on this phone right ??

Hi,

I just checked http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/supported-devices and as of now the phone isn't supported. I forgot about bootloader unlocking while i was trying to push the cwm recovery. Any idea if the service centre guys will come to know about this. because if they come to know about rooting and recovery stuff then they would surely charge heavy for the repairs.

Please let me know.

Thanks

sendhiloo7

Sep 28, 2008
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello,

While following http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2160490 , I somehow bricked my phone. Using the MTK tool, i was putting the CWM recovery, on the PC screen it said it was successful and rebooting however the phone did not turn up even waiting for 30 minutes. So i unplugged the phone and found that it wont even turn on now. Tried everything i could but nothing happens when i push the Power On button.
Tried charging the battery, did a reset by removing the back door. It doesn't even boot to recovery of fastboot mode. Tried pushing in the boot.img and recovery.img using the fastboot but the is not getting detected.

So finally gave it to the service centre. Let's see by tomorrow evening they willl let me know if it is a Software or Hardware problem. Just hoping that
it is a hardware problem and the service centre guys doesn't come to know about the Root and the stuff i was trying :D..

If it is a hardware problem, then they said they will get the phone replaced:D

Keeping my fingers crossed;)

I am really sorry for this :( I hope it will ready and come with latest rom

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Hi,

I just checked http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/supported-devices and as of now the phone isn't supported. I forgot about bootloader unlocking while i was trying to push the cwm recovery. Any idea if the service centre guys will come to know about this. because if they come to know about rooting and recovery stuff then they would surely charge heavy for the repairs.

Please let me know.

Thanks

I am sure.. they don't know about rooting stuff

mustang2011

Oct 31, 2012
Lucknow
Thank you for posting this information to root Xperia C, but I have already rooted it using 'V Root' Chinese version, which I got from Internet. Does this rooting method install the CWM ?

ubuntuish

Aug 28, 2013
Some info

I own an Mtk6589 device. From my experience mediatek devices are very sensitive. Flashing a wrong recovery is enough to corrupt the baseband and you will end up having a phone with no network. Do not play with it unless you have a spflash tool flashable firmware.

I dont think there is any bootloader unlocking needed. Mtk6589 devices dont even come with fastboot mode usually. The flashing is done via VCOM mode,which you enter via pluging the phone to usb while in switch off mode.

If you have rooted,plz upload a backup. You can take full rom backup using Online Nandroid Backup Tool ( search Playstore )

Reactions: Xillreall Viz

Xillreall Viz

May 4, 2013
Thanks !

Guys,

Thanks

Thanks for sharing Bro !
But I got plenty of questions..
Is it possible to modifies the themes, system ui, or the fonts after rooting it without unlocking the bootloader?
Thanks in advance !:good::laugh:

mustang2011

Oct 31, 2012
Lucknow
If you have rooted xperia C you can change themes, fonts, system ui and many other things using Root Explorer or similar app.I have done many changes and removed all bloat-ware.

coldmalice

Oct 3, 2010
hello, im really looking forward to have this phone
can you guys shows some benchmark, like from antutu maybe?

and what about the battery life, because xperia c is almost identical with lenovo p780 in specifications, except for the battery
thx guys :)

mustang2011

Oct 31, 2012
Lucknow
Benchmark on Antutu is above 13000 and battery life is very good BUT camera is not giving very good results as expected from Sony 8mp phone, also video playback is not very sharp even with Bravia 2 engine, and audio output volume is very low compared to other Sony phones, so decide for yourself if you want it or not.

Top Liked Posts