Jump! Upgrade

Search This thread

Naturesretard

Nov 4, 2011
Chino
So in 2 days I can swap my handset and test this new jump! Program. I'm curious if there are any good phones available or if I should wait a month. I had my eye on the note 3 but idk if I should continue to swap for that.I'm looking for something with an SD slot. Saw the new nexus 5 and while it looks sexy, doesn't seem to have a slot

My other question is unrooting my t999L. I saw a guide somewhere once but don't remember, can anybody link it please?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I'd take a look at MOTROLA MOTO X or HTC ONE X+Samsung is launching S5, want to wait ? I won't take Note 3 unless you are into whole Phablet thing.

For Unrooting, Get KIES to flash Emergency firmware.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I just got in the jump! Program myself.. I just got an s4 and hope to switch to the s5 when it releases.. Let us know how it works out for you!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Naturesretard

Nov 4, 2011
Chino
moto x looks ok, but if i'm not mistaken it has no external sd. That's my biggest drawback. I don't trust ROM as a storage device. it tends to fail or can be accidentally wiped.

s4 wasn't even that big of an upgrade from the s3, but the phablet doesn't seem like a bad idea. I kinda like that it's both a phone and a mini tablet. So much screen real estate. But idk how it would work with aosp and the like as far as spen features.

Looking into projected phones for 2014 tmo based, I don't see anything too enticing. Really sad the N5 has no sd slot or I wouldn't even be asking

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Phablets like NOTE have some of the coolest roms I have seen. Do a quick search on their forum. Yeah I know lack of SD card can be a trouble, but you do know you can take online Nandroids to a PC right ?

FWIW I did hear good things about some of the LG offerings.

Naturesretard

Nov 4, 2011
Chino
Phablets like NOTE have some of the coolest roms I have seen. Do a quick search on their forum. Yeah I know lack of SD card can be a trouble, but you do know you can take online Nandroids to a PC right ?

FWIW I did hear good things about some of the LG offerings.

Yeah, but it's just the fact that flash memory fails. I understand that's what an SD is, but ever since i made a mistake of wiping my internal data I put everything on my sd. Not to mention it's significantly bigger. I just dont like being limited like that.

I'll take a look, I still have yet to decide but today is my upgrade date.

Naturesretard

Nov 4, 2011
Chino
So my question now is do I have to unroot before I swap or can I just take it in?

If I have to unroot, can somebody point me please in the direction of t999L stock thread?