P600 wifi connectivity

Search This thread

squabeggz

Oct 26, 2012
SL,UT
I'm having an issue where my WiFi connection drops. Tab still says connected but I get no throughput. All other wireless devices still work. I have to toggle the wifi on the tab on and off to reconnect. Router is an actiontec C1000A.
I've read other threads where people had similar issues and exchanged tablets for new ones only to have them do the same. Router is good, it works with all my other devices without issue. What good is a WiFi only tablet if the WiFi sucks eggs?

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm having an issue where my WiFi connection drops. Tab still says connected but I get no throughput. All other wireless devices still work. I have to toggle the wifi on the tab on and off to reconnect. Router is an actiontec C1000A.
I've read other threads where people had similar issues and exchanged tablets for new ones only to have them do the same. Router is good, it works with all my other devices without issue. What good is a WiFi only tablet if the WiFi sucks eggs?

Well my wifi has been brilliant, the only issue I had was that although my wifi router was working with every other device and even my Note 10.1 it didnt want to play youtube videos on it. So I changed connection to my other broadband and it worked a treat so even though your router works with other devices it doesn't mean the tablet is faulty just that the router and tablet don't like each other.

Best way to try this is go to a friends house and try their connection or go to a coffee shop where they have free wifi and hopefully you will see wifi doesn't suck eggs lol. Anyways hope your problem gets sorted.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh

Are you just complaining or are you asking for help?............ If your asking for help please tell us if you are using 2.5 or 5ghz, b, g, n, ac, channel #. Many things can cause wifi issues and sometime a monitoring app from the play store like "Wifi analyzer" can help narrow down whats really going on.

squabeggz

Oct 26, 2012
SL,UT
My modem/router was set to auto detect... I used wifi analyzer to set it to a less crowded fixed channel. I also turned off 802.11n. It had b, g and n simultaneously... Now it's just b and g. So that's 2.4 GHz? I don't have super Internet, so no real need for "n". I'll report back after I see if this changes anything. The security is WPA2-Personal...don't know if that has any effect. Any other ideas are appreciated.