Lagness in general

Search This thread

LoKKeR

Dec 2, 2011
Hi all guys, I want to ask everyone to help me understanding why I my device is a bit laggy. Ok, I don't have a nexus, but I have an amazing quad core processor, a tegra 3 chipset!!
And even if flash custom ROMs I have this lag feeling, and not only feeling sometimes. I will be more accurate.

1) When I install apps or uninstall apps, I have some lags, now OK the phone is doing a big task but it is a bit too laggy.
2) Switching between apps can be laggy some times, and not just with big apps.
3) I have noticed that even having not much apps working background, the phone give me this impression of lagness, I have 1gb ram and a quad core, I get angry if it start to run slowly only for some apps working background, I mean the hardware is powerfully enough.

After all I must say that I have tryed these ROMs.

Carbon, slimbean, liquid smooth, and CyanogenMod (that is a bit better on performance).

My favourite is slimbean because I feel it stable.

And I have tryed most of the kernels, like werewolf, optimous prime, and iodak at last, and I like this last one.

Can someone help me understand this? Thank you guys! :)

Ah, sorry for my not clear English :S

Coolneng

Mar 28, 2013
Yugoslavia
Hi all guys, I want to ask everyone to help me understanding why I my device is a bit laggy. Ok, I don't have a nexus, but I have an amazing quad core processor, a tegra 3 chipset!!
And even if flash custom ROMs I have this lag feeling, and not only feeling sometimes. I will be more accurate.

1) When I install apps or uninstall apps, I have some lags, now OK the phone is doing a big task but it is a bit too laggy.
2) Switching between apps can be laggy some times, and not just with big apps.
3) I have noticed that even having not much apps working background, the phone give me this impression of lagness, I have 1gb ram and a quad core, I get angry if it start to run slowly only for some apps working background, I mean the hardware is powerfully enough.

After all I must say that I have tryed these ROMs.

Carbon, slimbean, liquid smooth, and CyanogenMod (that is a bit better on performance).

My favourite is slimbean because I feel it stable.

And I have tryed most of the kernels, like werewolf, optimous prime, and iodak at last, and I like this last one.

Can someone help me understand this? Thank you guys! :)

Ah, sorry for my not clear English :S

I always felt that too, until I flashed kit kat and mokee kernel. You can try it out ;)

LoKKeR

Dec 2, 2011
Nono i don't like anymore stock beucase is not best for performance. Anyway thank @Coolneng I will try it. There are compatibility issues for apps like GTA or something else? I have heard something.

LoKKeR

Dec 2, 2011
I have tried kitkat and it is nice, but it's not much stable so I have chosen to return to stock (zaiben rom) with iodak kernel and I'm impressed, it is fast and smooth with this kernel.

Anyway I think that all Roms that we have are unstable in their way, so I prefer stock where all works.

balloon27

May 4, 2013
Groningen
I have tried kitkat and it is nice, but it's not much stable so I have chosen to return to stock (zaiben rom) with iodak kernel and I'm impressed, it is fast and smooth with this kernel.

Anyway I think that all Roms that we have are unstable in their way, so I prefer stock where all works.

If you're on a stock based ROM, I suggest you still check for that MLT apk;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

LoKKeR

Dec 2, 2011
This rom doesn't have mlt.apk but have logservice.apk and if I delete it the Rom stop working

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012