HELPPPP! :0

Search This thread

xdavid408x

Jul 17, 2014
hello there! New to xda. lol Well here is my problem and hopefully someone can can help a brotha out,

So i bought a vzw htc m8 in grey about a month ago and rooted and downloaded quite a bit of apps and data. So the phone is vzw from factory and had it running on tmobile. But then I saw the RED M8 and had to have it so I went to vzw started a contract because phone looks dope and no one has it really.

Anyways to cut this really short: I made a nandroid backup of my previous rom and rooted the new one which is on vzw now and restored it but when it booted up im not connecting to vzw because the nandroid was on tmobile. Is there anyway to keep this backup? Everything works its just I cant connect to vzw. Already tried to search for networks and only tmo and att appear.

Thanks and sorry for my typos. lol :cool:

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
hello there! New to xda. lol Well here is my problem and hopefully someone can can help a brotha out,

So i bought a vzw htc m8 in grey about a month ago and rooted and downloaded quite a bit of apps and data. So the phone is vzw from factory and had it running on tmobile. But then I saw the RED M8 and had to have it so I went to vzw started a contract because phone looks dope and no one has it really.

Anyways to cut this really short: I made a nandroid backup of my previous rom and rooted the new one which is on vzw now and restored it but when it booted up im not connecting to vzw because the nandroid was on tmobile. Is there anyway to keep this backup? Everything works its just I cant connect to vzw. Already tried to search for networks and only tmo and att appear.

Your nandroid probably overwrote your efs partition. You'll need to flash a Verizon efs image or baseband. What recovery are you using?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Your nandroid probably overwrote your efs partition. You'll need to flash a Verizon efs image or baseband. What recovery are you using?

I don't think a nandroid backs up efs partitions. I think simply using a Verizon based rom or flashing back to stock will fix this.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

You can't use a Tmobile nandroid. Each carrier rom looks for specific bands it can operate on. Verizon has a CDMA band and Tmobile and AT&T use GSM bands. Unless the rom is programmed to detect Verizon's CDMA band, it won't work. That's why it can only detect AT&T's network and not verizon's or sprint's.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
I know it's possible with TWRP, at least on the G3, to back up efs when making a nandroid and some of the earlier versions had it selected by default. If was left selected in the restore menu, then it would overwrite the existing partition. Happened to a few on the G2. But anyway, I hope you're right and it's just a rom issue.

To the OP, you know you can just restore the data partition from a nandroid, without having to go all in, right?

Last edited:

xdavid408x

Jul 17, 2014
Yeah I messed up when I first installed viper I selected T-mo instead of global mode. I made a backup of just data and boot worked but wasn't reading my sd until I went back to the new vzw viper nan. I'm gonna try to get data thru the menu lol . Didn't think of that.