[TWRP_Recovery_2.8.7.0][Unofficial][quincyatt]

Search This thread

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
just flashed this using cmr and phone wont boot to recovery or rom

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

i flashed 2.7.1.0 after installing cmr via odin again and that worked.

Then i Flashed 2.8 on top of that. and i can get it back to the os but i cant boot into recovery the screen stays blank.
weird.

Make sure you are getting a good download. I can confirm that 2.8 is working fine on my device. I've flashed 4 or 5 Roms with it since yesturday

Reactions: oscar the grouch

oscar the grouch

Aug 15, 2014
MACON
Make sure you are getting a good download. I can confirm that 2.8 is working fine on my device. I've flashed 4 or 5 Roms with it since yesturday

downloading a new copy now.

and cwmr is what i meant earlier.

EDIT:

Checked my MD5 sum this time and now its working. I must have gotten a bad download like you said. I think my home tower is a cause of a lot of my issues actually.

Last edited:

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Coming from your TWRP_f2fs_2.7.0.0_test_v1 I get caught in a loop into recovery. If I flash cwm 6.0.4.7 and flash your 2.8.1.0 build things are fine up until i boot back into the new recovery, I get stuck in the loop again. Anyone else run into this issue as well?

Sent from my SGH-I717 powered by AOKP

Coming from your TWRP_f2fs_2.7.0.0_test_v1 I get caught in a loop into recovery. If I flash cwm 6.0.4.7 and flash your 2.8.1.0 build things are fine up until i boot back into the new recovery, I get stuck in the loop again. Anyone else run into this issue as well?

I'm running on 2.8.0.0. I'll give 2.8.1.0 a try and get back tomorrow (I'm in the middle of a download ATM).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Reactions: dzee206

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
I'm running on 2.8.0.0. I'll give 2.8.1.0 a try and get back tomorrow (I'm in the middle of a download ATM).

Thanks man but I just tried that as well and no dice, got the same results. I was only able to boot into the OS once and once back in 2.8.1.0 recovery it started looping again no matter what i did. I'll attach the recovery log in a bit since i can't on the xda mobile app, really hate that lol. Remove the ".txt" from the end hopefully it'll suffice as i can't get a log via adb since i never got around to replacing the one I have now that's damaged.

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Anybody try 2.8.1.0 and get different results from mine?

Sent from my Half Baked SGH-I717

Nope. Won't boot to system. Just loops back to recovery. Also theme directory is not working. ( or at least not the same ). My chosen theme does not display. This is a mute point as this recovery does not work either. 2.8.0.0 still works so back I go.

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for the feedback folks. I found the same issue booting back into recovery time after time and not booting into the system. I'll look into this more and test better before I release again. 2.8.0.0 should be the best to use currently until I fix this issue. I'm trying to get things worked out for bigbiff to make it official so I really appreciate the help.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Thanks man. Everything works now, no issues making/restoring a nand or flashing ROMs or even bootlooping. Haven't tried messing with the theme yet...

Reactions: gimmeitorilltell

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks man. Everything works now, no issues making/restoring a nand or flashing ROMs or even bootlooping. Haven't tried messing with the theme yet...

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback. As I said I have not flashed any new builds with it. I'm gonna try to get this officialized with bigbiff but would love to have the vibrator working before that happens.

Madmanguruman

Jun 28, 2011
Ajax
I wasn't able to get ADB going with this build. My old 2.7b1 build enumerates the ADB interface at VID 18d1, PID d001. This build was enumerating it at VID 18d1, PID d002 and I couldn't find a driver that would work. I'm also on Win8.1 so modifying .inf files won't work.

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
TWRP_UNOFFICIAL_quincyatt_2.8.3.0

OP has been updated to the latest TWRP source recovery. I have flashed roms & ran nandroids. This DOES boot into the system unlike my last fail.

EDIT: You DO NOT HAVE TO USE THIS FOR 5.0!! So far I am able to flash 5.0 roms with my older twrp recoveries and I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe this is a MUST? Once we get a booting build for our device you will not have to flash superSU if it is not installed in the rom.zip. TWRP will advise & install if it is not present.

Last edited:

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
I believe that happened to me once and I had to pull the sdcard and reinsert it. You may not be able to use it tho, I'm not saying that you're wrong. I believe the build is going to be a little out of kilter until I get the sepolicies brought up to android 5.0

bibo979

Jun 2, 2013
Im trying to install this on my I717r and I keep getting the message E: signature verification failed

how do I install CWM img file in order to make this work?

EDIT:
GOT IT WORKING!!! Had to first flash CWM using odin 3.04 (odin 3.09 refused to make the recovery stick) and the tar file from http://theunlockr.com/2012/12/04/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-the-att-galaxy-note-i717/
Then once I had CWM, I flashed twrp 2.8.4 from sd card with success! WOOT!
Now I got SlimFast (slimkat) 8.4 Rom and Twrp on my Canadian i717r! This is pretty sweet!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to post this here since I've been busting my tail on an update for a week now. This WILL flash, Backup & Restore android 4.4 roms! USB mounting, internal & external sdcard mounts as well. There are still a few bugs to work out but give it a go & some feedback. It's still a WIP but plenty stable to use daily for now.
    Also anyone interested in flashing the CandyKat sweetener packs, you may now do so with this recovery!!

I am not responsible for misuse, bricks, or exploding devices! Flash at your own risk! You can download the zip file & flash it from within your existing recovery & reboot to recovery.

CREDITS: Javelinanddart for fixing mounts, f2fs, & for fixing vibration for 5.0 & up Disconnecktie && Santod040 I have bugged these guys to death to get this working so Please stop in & thank these guys as well. They are a huge part of the success of this! Obviously this couldn't happen without Omniroms Source! And a huge thanks for
    Dees_Troy for his guide to compiling twrp recovery!!
    TWRP Themes have changed a bit & if you use a them then you'll want to checkout this link.
    THEMING TWRP THE NEW WAY!

What's new in 2.8.7.0

- Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    - Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    - Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    - Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
    - Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    - Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    - Add system read only option - more details below (Dees_Troy)
    - Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    - Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    - Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won't prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won't try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don't take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at https://jenkins.twrp.me and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at https://gerrit.twrp.me to help us keep devices up to date and working.

THEMING?
    USE 1080P THEMES
    OP updated

I have posted twrp 2.7.0.0 v10 and this seems to have the twrp settings & backup locations in place. This will most likely be the last update for a while from me here as I feel it has been perfected! Enjoy this folks. HERE is the link as in the OP....
    TWRP 2.8.7.0 Live in OP!!!

Folks we have the latest TWRP & we will have F2FS as soon as I build my next candy5 rom! HUGE thanks to @javelinanddart for throwing a hand in at getting these things working!!! Please find him and click on thanks at least once, he deserves it. F2FS has been compiled into this recovery but I'll rebuild it again since I forgot to add it into my kernel defconfig. Look for new & exciting things to come!
    Updated OP with better mount paths & usb mounting working better. Guys if you all test this latest and give feedback, I'm working on getting this to the official site and in Bigbiff's thread. I appreciate your input. I have worked tirelessly to make this work but I may be missing something. Let me know what you find, working or not. I know the vibrate isn't currently working in recovery but I am looking into that.