[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader and Flash Custom Recovery L90 D410, D405n, D405 [CWM][TWR]

Search This thread

wojtek267

Jan 22, 2012
Nowy Sącz
And when i flash stock rom the warranty was reactivate? It's possible to save something in bootloader for reactivate warranty like with Sony?
As far as I know (had samsung before) every action made in software is to be found in logs, but while flashing stock I saw a 'clear logs' button at one point. It might be that. Also, c'mon, we know these service guys are way too lazy and they don't check logs anyways (based on own expierience). So I would go for unlocking, there are nice things to do with L90 waiting

mathieu.0598

Mar 23, 2014
As far as I know (had samsung before) every action made in software is to be found in logs, but while flashing stock I saw a 'clear logs' button at one point. It might be that. Also, c'mon, we know these service guys are way too lazy and they don't check logs anyways (based on own expierience). So I would go for unlocking, there are nice things to do with L90 waiting
You have a lg l90? If yes, what rom you use?

tricampeao23

Dec 30, 2011
Porto
My girlfriend has a LG L90 D405n V10b.

Can I use this method without brick the phone? I don't have money to buy another phone :D :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

frugan

Mar 28, 2014
Pink screen.problem

I don't know but those pink/purple screens were the same as what I got when I tried to flash a custom recovery without flashing a custom aboot.bin

hey man , i wonder what did you di about this problem? ( pink screen ) .. becauce i got the same problem while flashing a custom reovery!
thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Guess you'll be needing your own recovery too ;)

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

hey shinbisoft , I need your help please. i have got the same problem while trying flash a custom recovery! a pink screen shows up !! also i cant boot into stock recovery or unable to make a hardreset and cant even get back to flash stock rom and relock bootloader by the KDz files ! any help please ??

thanks in advance :(

mikeypinhas

Jul 8, 2014
Does the L90_D405n_v10b_aboot.zip work for 405n 10c?

Thanks!

Edit: Decided to go ahead and apply it, it works.

Last edited:
S

Shenhua1337

aboot or abootb @_@

Hi guys.

I can't find this explained anywhere in the thread and it's loading slow for me today so I've decided to post a question here.

I'm trying this on D405 10a EUR XX which I've already rooted easily with towelroot.

I've downloaded the aboot.zip file for 405 (not the 405n) in the OP. And unpacked it to find... abootb.bin!

The terminal step says:
"su
dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot"

So... what gives? Should I rename abootb.bin from the OP to aboot.bin... before doing the terminal... or do this without renaming but simply change the terminal command to:

"su
dd if=/storage/external_SD/abootb.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot"

?? Please help I don't want to mess up here.

bravho

Aug 29, 2014
d405n
software v 10d
purple drake works!
aboot.bin b10 works on this version!!!

(so thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reactions: anto_c78

trygor

Sep 19, 2009
Tuam
Great post man, i have succesfully rooted and install custom recovery on my L90 D405n_v10b device.

fe2k7

Sep 7, 2008
São Paulo
THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR L90 D410, D405, D405n

First of all, This is not my original work.
I am just sharing this GUIDE for easy Bootloader Unlocking and flashing Custom Recovery to L90.

Root Access required to Unlocking Bootloader and Flashing Recovery. If you are already rooted then go on, if not then down towelroot apk from https://towelroot.com/ and root your phone and install superuser from play store.

DEVICES FLASHED WITH THIS GUIDE AND TESTED OK: LG L90 (D410)

Follow this guide step by step :-

1. Download and extract L90_D4##_v10x_aboot.zip (# = your device model, x = version of stock firmware) and any custom recovery zip you want to flash from the attachments below this post to external sd card (aboot.bin should be on external sd (/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin) , not in any other folder.

2. Download and install terminal from play store and run it.

3. Now type following commands in terminal :-

(Grant superuse permission to terminal after typing "SU" command)

4. Exit terminal, download and install Flashify from play store. Run it and grant root access.

5. Tap on Recovery image > chose a file > select recovery.img file

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

HOW TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY PRESSING VOLUME AND POWER KEY

You can reboot to recovery via flashify app or following key combination: -

Power of your phone press both Volume Down + Power Button same time, As soon as the LG logo appears release both buttons and immediately press and hold same buttons (Volume Down+Power) again. Now Factory data reset screen will appear saying "Erase all user data & restore default settings?". Use volume down key to select "Yes" and press power button to confirm and now you should be in recovery. (Caution: Don't try this while stock recovery installed or it will erase all your data)

In case of brick or want to flash stock firmware, please follow this guide :

[Easy][GUIDE][UNROOT][RELOCK BOOTLOADER]Flash Stock KDZ Offline LG L90 [All Variants]

Here is also another method to unlock bootloder using ADB on PC by @
SubliemeSiem

Guide to unlocking the bootloader on the L90 using ADB

Hello guys,

My device is the LG-D410 and his Rom contains:

Software Version: V10e-CIS-XX
Unlock Bootloader file: aboot.bin to V10B

3073710.png

I used the file and it worked without any problem. So it should work for other people who have this same question.

So use at your own risk

Attachments

• V10e.png
    V10e.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 428

amy1997

Dec 4, 2014
which files should i download

I am just sharing this GUIDE for easy Bootloader Unlocking and flashing Custom Recovery to L90.

Root Access required to Unlocking Bootloader and Flashing Recovery. If you are already rooted then go on, if not then down towelroot apk from https://towelroot.com/ and root your phone and install superuser from play store.

1. Download and extract L90_D4##_v10x_aboot.zip (# = your device model, x = version of stock firmware) and any custom recovery zip you want to flash from the attachments below this post to external sd card (aboot.bin should be on external sd (/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin) , not in any other folder.

4. Exit terminal, download and install Flashify from play store. Run it and grant root access.

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

Power of your phone press both Volume Down + Power Button same time, As soon as the LG logo appears release both buttons and immediately press and hold same buttons (Volume Down+Power) again. Now Factory data reset screen will appear saying "Erase all user data & restore default settings?". Use volume down key to select "Yes" and press power button to confirm and now you should be in recovery. (Caution: Don't try this while stock recovery installed or it will erase all your data)

[Easy][GUIDE][UNROOT][RELOCK BOOTLOADER]Flash Stock KDZ Offline LG L90 [All Variants]

SubliemeSiem

:confused: there are 5 files did i download all of them ?

amy1997

Dec 4, 2014

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

SubliemeSiem

terminal says (unkown operand of dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot ) ?? fistly i downloaded the files and then created a folder in external_SD "aboot.bin" what should i do now ? :confused::confused::confused::(:(:(

amy1997

Dec 4, 2014
Thanx man so much

:good::good::good::good::good::highfive::highfive::highfive:

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

SubliemeSiem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have tested this method myself and it is working perfectly for me, but it is also possible that it might not work for you for some reasons, so don't panic, just post your problem or whatever error you are facing (please attach screenshot if possible). I or other thread members will try to troubleshoot it. After resolving the problem I'll update this post, so that other members do not face such problem again.
    • PLEASE, USE THIS TUTORIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG (because of your stupidity) ME OR XDA WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOSS.

If towelroot is not supported to your device, then follow my EASY ROOTING GUIDE below :-

[GUIDE] [NEW] Root All L90 Varients with Latest updates [EASY]

su
    dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

SubliemeSiem

@up
    You don't have su on Terminal. If you had the prompt would show "#" instead of "$".

Are you sure you granted Terminal superuser rights after using su? Check your superuser app to make sure it's granted. If no window appears when using su to grant superuser rights then you haven't rooted your L90 sucessfuly.

Edit: the screenshot shows you granted Terminal superuser rights. Remove it (don't block, just remove) and try again. If you don't see a dialog asking for grating rights when issuing su then something is wrong. Try another terminal app or use adb.

Sent from my LG-D410 using XDA Free mobile app
    i need aboot.bin for D405tr v10d
    plz help me

Hi

My soft version is v10f for 405n. What's the difference between these versions and should I consider installing aboot for v10b being stupid? How may I unlock bootloader then?

Thanks, L90 is really nice phone

Hello Guys,
    These aboot files are not cracked by me, so I don't know how to crack aboot file to unlock bootloader. I spent a whole day to search aboot files for your L90 Models and method to crack aboot file, but didn't get anything :(. I am very sorry that I am unable to help you guys. I will continue my search, as soon as I get something, I will update my thread.:good:

wojtek267
    I don't know if it is possible to unlock bootloader of v10f with v10b. I also don't know what will happen if you flash v10b aboot file to you phone. :confused: It could brick you device also, so be careful before trying this.
    i have done it a little different way that OP said. on my INDIAN D410
    here is what i have done.

1.i have rooted with towelroot and install "supersu,busybox and quick boot "from playstore
    2.enabled developer settings in about phone.
    3.go to developer settings and enabled usb debugging
    4.connect phone to pc in MTP mode
    5.open terminal on my ubuntu(you can use windows with adb installed)
    6.given following commands
    (accept the rsa key prompt if appears)
    (grand super user request)
    dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    reboot
    (after reboot go to adb shell again with su propmt)
    dd if=/storage/external_SD/cwm.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    (you can use cwm.img or twrp.img from quarx's cm11 thread)
    in quick boot >>>click recovery>>grant super user
    and you are in recovery.

i think this is a easy way as no one has to type commands on mobile which is cubbersome and liitle uneasy.

here you can copy paste if you want...:)
    Hi guys,
    I've bricked my D415 by flashing the aboot.bin for the D410.
    Now my device doesn't turn on, even when I connect the charger. However when I connect the charger cable with the battery out, the phone turnson and shows a signal to put battery back.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Maybe by reflashing the aboot.bin (I backed it up before).........

Help plz... :(
    If ADB still recognizes your device, then yes, flash back your original aboot image. Otherwise, it's KDZ flash. Did you zero out your laf partition to enable fastboot? If so, put device in fastboot mode and flash aboot backup with
    Code:
    fastboot flash aboot "path/to/aboot.bin"