Android 4.4.4 For UK

Search This thread

glossywhite

Dec 24, 2009
I have the update this morning. I flashed to Vodafone uk 4.4.2 and got the update straight away.

Nice new feature that was something that was annoying, you can now remove carrier from status bar on 4.4.4

Screenshot_2014-07-21-10-18-05.png

Well that's a bit handy; my Moto G is an unlocked UK Voda PAYG; I'll maybe put back the Voda firmware and see what happens :p

Thank you for keeping us posted; very much appreciated :)

God bless you.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Strange I joke you not I got onto the phone to vodaphone and told them to push the update out. They said it wasn't up to them but it is on carrier locked devices .. They realised and said we will get onto tech support now ;)

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You never know; althought I find it hard to believe that Vodafone's "customer services" making a call to tech support would make that happen. I'm sure it isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and could well happen... it just seems unlikely.

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Well that's a bit handy; my Moto G is an unlocked UK Voda PAYG; I'll maybe put back the Voda firmware and see what happens :p

Thank you for keeping us posted; very much appreciated :)

God bless you.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

You never know; althought I find it hard to believe that Vodafone's "customer services" making a call to tech support would make that happen. I'm sure it isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and could well happen... it just seems unlikely.

I wasn't trying to look good haha, but I did call them I spoke for about 20 minutes explaining that a carrier locked device will not update until the carrier (in this case vodaphone) has give it the green light..

They where obviously undertrained and where either reading from pre made scripts on there computers or googling everything..
In the end the woman spoke to her floor manager and he said to me that he was sorry for the miscommunication and that I was correct..
He then went to say I will get someone to contact tech support as is their department that deal with this area of work and give them the heads up..

I don't know maybe I did push the boat out.. Or it was just a coincidence but I did make that call ;)

I ain't paying £24 a month for a phone that the carrier are too lazy to push updates out...

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Yep, the UK 4.4.4 for genetic UK Moto G is available since yesterday.
The update is 181 MB in size, which is quite large for the rather minor update that 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-22-21-10-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-22-21-10-10.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Reactions: Nexus4life

Top Liked Posts