[Q] Completely bricked TF101

Search This thread

welja99

Jan 23, 2014
So I was doing something on my tablet, and it shut down.
I tried to reboot it and it was stuck.
I thought i had my rom on it (KatKiss) so i did a factory reset and tried to flash it but then i saw i deleted it when i flashed it at first.
So i thought ill just use EasyFlasher and get it back up and running.
Then I tried to get into APX mode and failed.
Volup + Power = Nothing
It just powers on the tablet and it stays there at the Asus logo.
I tried to hold it for 20+ seconds, nothing.
USB is plugged into the tablet, not the dock.
Tried to use sdcard to flash rom on it, cwm cant mount sdcards...
So if anyone could help it would be great :)

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
CWM bricked your tablet most likely - you should be running TWRP Recovery for KatKiss ROMs

You need to get the tablet into APX and get EasyFlasher working - APX should still work, nothing appears on the TF screen in APX mode, only way you know it is working is USB connect sound / device connected notification on PC

frederuco

Feb 27, 2012
Keep in mind - APX is a black screen. The only way to know you are in APX is to see if a PC detects an APX device.

welja99

Jan 23, 2014
Keep in mind - APX is a black screen. The only way to know you are in APX is to see if a PC detects an APX device.

CWM bricked your tablet most likely - you should be running TWRP Recovery for KatKiss ROMs

You need to get the tablet into APX and get EasyFlasher working - APX should still work, nothing appears on the TF screen in APX mode, only way you know it is working is USB connect sound / device connected notification on PC
I know APX is just a black screen, but even if i try to do it while usb is plugged in it just reboots to Asus logo.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
You sure your volume up button is working ok ?

Try removing the plastic bezel around the edge of the tablet and press the actual micro-buttons under the silver ones you normally press

aminpro715

Jan 18, 2014
Cyberjaya
nasilemaktech.com
I am dead sure its working, when im in cwm i can navigate with both of volume buttons.

Make sure you have the correct drivers for APX mode. I got mine from x3maniac's Tubuntu - One Click Installer for Windows
From this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1995157

In the package, there are the drivers and also a flashing program(NVFlash). You can also use this. Even have a APX mode detected status at the top so you don't have to do the guessing work that it's in APX or not.

P/s: Just to confirm, to go into APX mode 1) Turn on your tablet(not necessary to wait till it boots) 2) Hold the power and volume up button until it shuts down and keep holding the buttons until you see it is detected as APX mode on your computer.

Last edited:

da3dsoul

Feb 2, 2014
unplug and boot apx

I usually boot apx and then plug in the usb shortly after. Also note that occasionally a grounding issue occurs (happens with my bull**** Dell Venue). Run a piece of metal across the usb pins while the tablet is off and try again after ensuring the device is charged.