Oficial Update to KK 4.4

Search This thread

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Hi, just to ask if somebody have information about note 2 update to KK 4.4, I read in this article and I think that Samsung is going to make an update to this version, what do you think???

http://bgr.com/2014/02/07/galaxy-s3-note-2-android-4-4-kitkat-update/

apologize if I broke any rules by the link, if so remove please.

Per this article the updates are expected sometime in late March(end of Q1 2014).

Kitkat & touchwiz combination sounds good but again no idea how many new restrictions it will come with.
4.3 took too long but the wait was not worth it. I am happy with 4.3 on 4.1 bootloader.
I hope there isn't a requirement to update the bootloader.

potroveloz

Jul 11, 2010
Tijuana
Per this article the updates are expected sometime in late March(end of Q1 2014).

Kitkat & touchwiz combination sounds good but again no idea how many new restrictions it will come with.
4.3 took too long but the wait was not worth it. I am happy with 4.3 on 4.1 bootloader.
I hope there isn't a requirement to update the bootloader.

Well, apparently it's official....

http://www.samsungmobileuspress.com...firms-KitKat-for-U.S.-Smartphones-and-Tablets

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
Ask T-mobile

Has anyone received this update yet? Just curious.

Do not hold your breath. Before we get even close to thinking we will get this. You will first see Samsung update the note2 Unlocked and international Versions.Then Sprint or at&t Might then consider to update the phone (maybe). If that happens then MAYBE AND only if and a very doubtful maybe. Will T- Mobile decided to send us the update..

There are way more hands in the pot then just want samsung says. The press release says Carrier dependant...
Carrier is the word there . So ask T- Mobile on there plans

Reactions: Wink2tall2

Wink2tall2

Sep 9, 2011
Florida
Do not hold your breath. Before we get even close to thinking we will get this. You will first see Samsung update the note2 Unlocked and international Versions.Then Sprint or at&t Might then consider to update the phone (maybe). If that happens then MAYBE AND only if and a very doubtful maybe. Will T- Mobile decided to send us the update..

There are way more hands in the pot then just want samsung says. The press release says Carrier dependant...

try to update if still not updated

I will try soon and post with result... although after some research I doubt I will be receiving any updates for at least a month or so.

Last edited:

sexconker

Feb 27, 2014
I've got the AT&T model (SGH-I317) of the Note II running 4.1.2. (I317UCALK7), but I'm on T-Mobile now.

I received 4.1.2 OTA after rooting.

I have been unable to get any updates past 4.1.2, even when manually checking.
A few days ago I checked again and instead of telling me there was an error when checking for updates, it told me there was an update (around 185.75 MB). It downloaded, but failed to install.

I'd really like to be able to get the official/TouchWiz 4.4 build installed.
When 4.4 does hit, should I be trying to get the T-Mobile version or the AT&T version? Or does it not matter?

It looks like I won't be able to get the update OTA since I can't get any updates OTA now and I'm stuck on 4.1.2, but surely there will be a dump I can grab online and load myself, right?

adamcooks

Aug 4, 2010
NYC
I've got the AT&T model (SGH-I317) of the Note II running 4.1.2. (I317UCALK7), but I'm on T-Mobile now.

I received 4.1.2 OTA after rooting.

I have been unable to get any updates past 4.1.2, even when manually checking.
A few days ago I checked again and instead of telling me there was an error when checking for updates, it told me there was an update (around 185.75 MB). It downloaded, but failed to install.

I'd really like to be able to get the official/TouchWiz 4.4 build installed.
When 4.4 does hit, should I be trying to get the T-Mobile version or the AT&T version? Or does it not matter?

It looks like I won't be able to get the update OTA since I can't get any updates OTA now and I'm stuck on 4.1.2, but surely there will be a dump I can grab online and load myself, right?

Odin your stock un rooted Rom, then check for ota update. Don't forget to triangle away

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spg900ny

So any idea if a TouchWiz ROM with WiFi calling ONLY happen if T-Mobile releases an official ROM first, or is there a way for devs to make a 4.4.2 with WiFi calling based on the component present in the 4.3 build?

T-Mobile could win me for life by doing two things:
1) Improve rural reception (I know they're working on it with all that new 700Mhz spectrum)
2) Release WiFi calling as an app for T-Mobile customers so I could be free to run a non-TW ROM

OmegaBlaze

Dec 24, 2009
www.twitter.com
So any idea if a TouchWiz ROM with WiFi calling ONLY happen if T-Mobile releases an official ROM first, or is there a way for devs to make a 4.4.2 with WiFi calling based on the component present in the 4.3 build?

T-Mobile could win me for life by doing two things:
1) Improve rural reception (I know they're working on it with all that new 700Mhz spectrum)
2) Release WiFi calling as an app for T-Mobile customers so I could be free to run a non-TW ROM

Why not use Google voice or an alternative app for WiFi calling?

spg900ny

Why not use Google voice or an alternative app for WiFi calling?

Mostly because I'm not interested in changing my phone number (WiFi calling I only really need for incoming calls), and I want to get SMS texts to my current phone #.

Really wish T-Mobile would just release a WiFi calling app for its customers so that I could go AOSP. I am not liking TouchWiz at all after being on an original Droid w/Bugless Beast and then Nexus devices.

OmegaBlaze

Dec 24, 2009
www.twitter.com
Mostly because I'm not interested in changing my phone number (WiFi calling I only really need for incoming calls), and I want to get SMS texts to my current phone #.

Really wish T-Mobile would just release a WiFi calling app for its customers so that I could go AOSP. I am not liking TouchWiz at all after being on an original Droid w/Bugless Beast and then Nexus devices.

You don't have to. You can choose to have all of your calls answered by Google Voice, or by your actual number.

I think you should give it a go..:good:

spg900ny

You don't have to. You can choose to have all of your calls answered by Google Voice, or by your actual number.

I think you should give it a go..:good:

I have Google Voice for my voicemail, but obviously if I'm in the office where I have no signal, I'm not going to get the call because it goes right to Google Voice voicemail if I don't have a signal. Also, I need my regular number to accept SMS. Am I missing something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ask T-mobile

Has anyone received this update yet? Just curious.