extsdcard write issues

Search This thread

rwideman

Aug 20, 2010
Issues with wanting to copy to extsdcard any new files/folders from my gdrive account...not specific to write or modify but a mix of both.

I am experiencing an issue with my 32gb sdhc card that baffles me. I use ES Explorer and create a folder on the extsdcard and it quickly shows creating the folder in asynch mode, I then refresh and it shows up. Ok odd, whatever, moving on... I then try to delete it and it says successfully deleted, hit refresh and it shows up. How is this?

Another test is use FolderSync and i set up the folder pair and then click sync. Status shows error in red, I click show to see errors and I see errors "could not create folder: <anyfolder> File transfer failed '<file>' open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)"

Anyone have issues like this? Any pointers? I have researched and cant find much other than 4.4 changed its extsdcard security.

Thanks
Robert

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Kitkat is picky on third party apps writing files to the card. Call it Googles strive to be more like Apple with each release.

Google probably wants all users to be cloud loving lemmings they can data mine.

rwideman

Aug 20, 2010
My main issue is I can't even delete a folder. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
Dunno if it's just me.....I've had zero problems doing ....well....anything I want to ?!?

BTW, I used ES file explorer (file exploder?) on my Galaxy Nexus.....constant issues and crashes.
Never again.

On your S5 there is a app called "My Files", it seems to work almost exactly like ES is supposed to work.
It does everything I can think of....make folders, open and add to them, delete files and folders ???
Works perfectly on mine with a 32gb Pony class 10 micro SD, not a single problem ever.

Perhaps you have a problem SD card ?

<edit>
Err, it's a PNY sd card, just always seemed like calling it a Pony was the correct term ?

Last edited:

evilbeef54

Jul 14, 2008
As soon as Verizon gets root run the app

SDFix

From the market, or you need to edit platform.xml and add in a permission, only takes a few seconds but you need to be rooted, it is an issue with kit kat